• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My secret band diary

Its hard not to be disappointed .... but just remember you've just had major surgery, insides are still healing, your not back to full health yet nor eating properly ..... be patient hun, don't beat yourself up .... push it out of your head and get a good start tomorrow :) your doing fantastically well..... just look back at your stats :) they tell you how well you doing x x x xx

Hi tweety, I've only just found your diary so welcome to banded life! I was banded in January & I've lost 6 stone 5 now, with just 13 pound to loose, I'm fitting size 14/16 (i was a 20/22) i aim for 1000-1200 cals a day. I set MFP to 1000 to encourage me to aim lower as i loose best at 1000 a day, but i find it hard to stick to 1000 somedays. However u dont just want to look at calories. Keep your protein high (i try to snack on protein high yogurts, ham, chicken or cold meats) & restrict carbs. I find if i keep my carbs to 70-80g per day that it really helps & drinking lots helps (not tea or coffee though)

Thanks fir the advice. I feel like im floundering at the min

Op date 30/8/14 202lb, 4/9/14 195lb, 13/9/14 191lb, 19/9/14 189lb

Tweety. I'm 4 weeks post op too. I am stalling. I have lost 13lb post op - 20th August and am also a bit disappointed.

I have been sticking to 800 a day but yesterday had over a thousand.

As soon as I get on to hard food I plan to do a very low carb diet. Atkens. I don't do well on processed foods and at the moment I am having a lot of fish in sauce, processed soups etc

I think I will try to keep my calories to 1000 a day and see how I get on

Great that you dropped another 2lb x

Tweety. I'm 4 weeks post op too. I am stalling. I have lost 13lb post op - 20th August and am also a bit disappointed. I have been sticking to 800 a day but yesterday had over a thousand. As soon as I get on to hard food I plan to do a very low carb diet. Atkens. I don't do well on processed foods and at the moment I am having a lot of fish in sauce, processed soups etc I think I will try to keep my calories to 1000 a day and see how I get on Great that you dropped another 2lb x

I am definitely having that fill on the 12th. Saw provider today for a checkup and she said to aim for 1000 to 1200 per day. Snack on protein foods too.

It will come off one way or another!

Op date 30/8/14 202lb, 4/9/14 195lb, 13/9/14 191lb, 19/9/14 189lb

So ultimate band fail today. Buffet at work and i picked up a roast chicken sandwich on auto pilot. Chewed half heartedly and swallowed. Only went and wedged itself to a point i had to excuse myself to be make myself sick it up!

Oh the pain was awful. Felt like a right idiot. Still dont know what i was thinking. Taught me a lesson.

Still feeling sick 10 hrs later and not ate anything since.

16/8/14 210lb, op date 30/8/14 202lb, 4/9/14 195lb, 13/9/14 191lb, 19/9/14 189lb

Oh no tweety! That sounds horrible!!! I caught myself picking up stuff but just remembering! I read somewhere that sipping hot drinks helps with that feeling xx

I am struggling with eating right this week. Im all over the place. Keep forgetting about my band! Its weird.

16/8/14 210lb, op date 30/8/14 202lb, 4/9/14 195lb, 13/9/14 191lb, 19/9/14 189lb

We are on auto pilot a lot of the time. I found myself popping a bit of cake in the other day....I promptly spat it out. I just forgot

Sharon is right if anything gets stuck and won't move sip hot water for an hour

Oh thanks for the reminder babe. Must be more careful as I don't fancy the experience xxv

I had a nasty time with a bit of apple a few weeks back......... head over the toilet ewwww not nice at all and very painful i wasn't right for almost a week after. Warm drink yes, but also if it still tender go back to softs, even fluids till it feels right again. x x x x hugs x x x x it takes awhile to get in the swing of it all :) your doing fab

urgh its horrible when things get stuck ive never had it before my pregnancy now ive had it about 3 times and that pain is horrendous!

Tweety, is it just the 20/20/20 that's causing you grief.
It is hard. I have one set of foods all day everyday where I give up eating because I'm trying to scoff and then it just hurts. A good old burp sometimes helps other times it's needing to relieve the blockage coz I feel like I'm having a heart attack. It's not great but I gotta be strict with myself and everyday remind myself "you can't eat like everyone else eats" .... Ohhh Jesus... Just thinking about Xmas .... With no one knowing... Oh dear ...

Hope your doing ok mrs xx

Back