• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My secret band diary

tweetybaby

Realisation kicking in...life is gonna change

Just received my pre op and post op food in the post. Deposits paid. Band surgery book 30th August.

Feel sick with nerves and starting to realise that i will never eat the same again. What a weird feeling..

tweetybaby

So im obsessed with reading everyones stories, trying to cling on to the hope that I can and will be able to adjust to life post band.

My husband cant understand, but he wont because its gonna be easy for him to watch me whilst he continues to eat whatever he wants.

2 massive boxes of weight to go food landed on my doorstep yesterday and he exclaimed ' how you gonna survive on 3 shakes a day! '. To be honest i dont know, but you all have and so will I.

I have (as someone on here very cleverly put it) started my food funeral. Icecream, chocolate, crisps you name it im eating it. Got just over a week until the pre-op diet starts and panicking a tad but cant wait for it to be over.

Caught myself daydreaming about buying size 12 clothes and being able to sit on swings ( silly really) but motivation at least and who knows by christmas ....

los in it

Good luck to you on your LSD I start mine on Saturday so friday night might be my food funeral night curry and chips and a chocolte eclair.....sounds like a prisoner's last meal!

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Good luck!

Just to let you know I've merged your two diary threads into one. Each new thread creates a new diary. If you can just update this one it makes it easier for everyone to find theirs.

Ta xx

tweetybaby

Feeling really anxious on my countdown to pre op ( 3 days). My food funerals have been a bit of a bad decision as i have put on more weight and feel disgusting.
The thought of starting a liquids diet just doesn't seem achievable after my low willpower today and i am losing confidence in whether ill lose any weight on the band.

I just cant see it working, don't know why im thinking this way?

Kar8858

Tweety, dont worry, im sure you will lose weight on the pre op and that will motivate you further, believe my, my op is the 26th aug and so far i have lost 13lbs. If you read through some people have lost stones in weight. You have had your blow out and now its two weeks of pre op diet. Yes you will be hungry but drink plenty of water and keep positive. Good luck

yvonne83

Feeling really anxious on my countdown to pre op ( 3 days). My food funerals have been a bit of a bad decision as i have put on more weight and feel disgusting.
The thought of starting a liquids diet just doesn't seem achievable after my low willpower today and i am losing confidence in whether ill lose any weight on the band.

I just cant see it working, don't know why im thinking this way?

It must be a time of great mixed emotions excited at your new life ahead (size 12's and swings ;), fear of the unknown and anxiety at having battled against your weight.

I'm sure if you set your mind to it perhaps set yourself a goal or target and get in the zone, with support on here and from your hospital, you'll manage fine!

Best of luck to you x

tweetybaby

Feeling so much more positive today.

Today is the day i start pre op diet!!!! My provider only recommended 5 days but Im doing 7.

Thank you for your support i guess i was having a panic.

Kar8858

Good luck tweety I'm sure the week will fly by! I've had a bit of nerves this week too guess it's pretty normal

WeightlossDreamer

Good luck im sure you'll smash it. Im sure you will find the determination sets in the closer and closer you get to op day! x x x