• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My story so far... (finally got my date!!)

This is all so fantastic @_Victoria_ ! I'm so pleased that you're doing so well and already seeing NSVs. I think it's amazing how many facets of our lives that being overweight touches upon. It's one of those things that if your weight gain has been gradual over the years, you don't even realize the full impact until you're able to start dropping the pounds and reclaiming your life.

I completely agree. With me i've always been held back by insecurity as much as I have with my weight. I've always worried so much about what other people think of me and my confidence has always been so low. I think, even though the extra weight has added to that, it's not just losing weight that's making me feel more confident. What's making me feel more confident is that i actually decided to do something for myself and went through with it!! That i did everything i had to to get there... Even when those things made me really uncomfortable and sometimes physically sick with nerves. It makes me feel like i CAN do things if i just put my mind to them and that gives me so much more hope for my future.

Hope your last few days have been ok? Xxc

Hey Lottie, Thanks for checking in, you're so sweet!! The last few days have been good. Just plodding on with daily things. I lost 2lb more since friday so I'm happy about that. I really wanted a glass of diet coke yesterday though for the first time since surgery!! I managed to resist though. lol
How are you doing? You feeling any better about things? I haven't had a chance to read through threads yet so i'll be checking yours out in a few Xx

Hi lovely. Well done resisting the diet coke thst can't have been easy at all hunny. Another 2 lbs is fab ;) you are doing great.

I am so focused on slimming world that I really want to try so hard this time. I did eat a chocolate egg last night ( a lint one 180 ish cals ) but that was the only treat I had all day. And I lost 7 lbs from when I last went to slimming world so feeling good. Xxx

Fab loss Lottie well done xx

Hey everyone!

I've been feeling a bit weird the last few days, i'm not sure if it's normal after a bypass or not but it seems like i don't actually want to eat anything. I'm not having any problems keeping things down really. Just struggling with actually WANTING to eat food. Everything i think about eating makes me feel a little sick but i know i have to eat something so force myself to have something which puts me off whatever i have for a while because i really didn't want to eat it in the first place.

I've been trying my hardest to have 3 meals a day because my dietitian said you might stop losing weight if you skip meals. But i still don't really feel hungry and even when i do (which is very rare) i can't think of anything i want to eat so i'm not really enjoying food at all. I can't stomach protein shakes after forcing those down me during the liquid stage so whenever i eat i try to have stuff that's mainly protein and always make sure i eat that first.

My weight loss is going pretty well i think. Still don't have a set day for weighing but i'm down 2 stone 12lb now since the day after my surgery which i think is 2 months today. So that's more than a stone a month. I'm really happy about that and hoping i'll keep losing at a steady pace.

I still feel like i'm in limbo a little. You wait so long for surgery and it gets so exciting when it finally gets here and you think of all the things you'll be able to do once you lose weight. But right now i'm still in the in between. I've had the surgery but still have so much to lose before i can start actually living more of a life. It gets frustrating being on the verge of something but not quite there yet. I know it's only a matter of time but i do find myself still wishing that time away just like i was before surgery!

I hope everyone has a happy Easter. Stay strong and try to avoid the chocolate. haha :bunnydance:

It will happen but understand all this waiting is so frustrating. I am no where near you but frustration is a daily occurrence.

@_Victoria_ I'm sleeved but I can understand a bit of what you are going through. I don't have the problem of feeling sick when thinking of eating foods though but I can't say that I crave it. I eat mostly for nutrition but I'm not put off by the foods. Bariatric surgery is so much a mental game as it is a physical one. The good thing is you have the NHS support. Maybe ask your dietician if she has any tips for getting your head in gear that right now food is for nutrition? Do you also have follow-ups with the psychiatrist? They may be able to help more. Or maybe doctor google will give you some tips. Hopefully someone here has overcome what you are going through. Thanks for sharing though as I'm sure your struggle will help someone reading this know they are not alone.

Awww big big hugs hunny. Xxx

@_Victoria_ I was thinking about your situation and wondering how I could be helpful even though I do not experience the feelings around food that you do. So I put on my thinking cap and thought of ways you might be able to get some nutrition.

Have you tried any protein waters? They are unlike regular protein drinks because they are not milky. Myprotein does three different flavours and I'm quite fond of those. Asda does a few called Sports Nutrition Protein water and another company I've tried, a little start up called Vieve does a few flavours but I find their to be a little chalky. Protein water usually tastes like squash and serves a double purpose of giving you protein and fluids at the same time. I have at least one protein water a day to make sure I hit my protein goals.

Next are the foods you are eating SW? No offense to any SW fans but maybe that is why you are feeling disgusted by the foods? Right now we have little stomachs so can fit only small bits of things in so worrying about the things SW foods are concerned with may not be the right fit. Have you tried just having your protein cooked simply and adding a few veg? Or trying something that has lots of cheese (good protein source right now). Cheese might not be SW friendly but its good for snacking and boosts the protein count in foods. Peanut butters or whole nuts are also good sources of protein and good fats and these might not be SW friendly but are really good for you and because of the small quantities you can have right now excellent sources of nutrition.

Finally if none of those things float your boat then are you drinking loads of water since foods are not appealing? I find that since surgery I can't stomach just water so I either drink cooled down peppermint tea or water with cucumber and ginger slices. This would at least help your system to flush out all the toxins building up in your body.

I hope these are helpful suggestions for you. Keep us updated on how you are getting on.

Aw thanks so much, Kim!! It's so nice of you to be thinking about me.

I have tried the ASDA protein water but i didn't like those either. I've been the same as you with water though, it feels like a chore to drink so i have been trying different flavours of no added sugar squash and that's going okay most of the time.

I think i'm getting enough or close to enough protein. Ham and pickled onions are something i don't mind eating and i have been having those protein thins so if i have ham or chicken on those its just over 20g of protein. Some days are worse than others.

I don't stick to slimming world generally, I just have the meals sometimes for my main meals because they're what everyone else is having and i know they're low fat. They are actually really tasty most of the time and i still have a really small portion so i don't think its those.

Cheese is something i've been having a bit of an issue with. It's fine in small amounts but if i have more than 30g i feel a bit icky so i try to just have a little here and there. Sometimes i have a bit with my ham and pickled onions.

I think not being able to always enjoy food is something i'm just gonna have to get used to for a while. But i suppose its good in a way because it means i'm not relying on it like i used to.

I really wanna try some cashews 'cause i love those but the fat content in those are really high so im too scared to try them yet lol

Generally though i've been really lucky. No dumping yet and no food getting stuck. I know some people that struggle with protein and mine is all going down fine. I even had steak the other day and that was fine!

I hope you're doing well. Thanks again for being so nice and thoughtful Xx

I've read a few people who's taste buds have changed after surgery have your hun? Xxxx

Aw thanks so much, Kim!! It's so nice of you to be thinking about me.

I have tried the ASDA protein water but i didn't like those either. I've been the same as you with water though, it feels like a chore to drink so i have been trying different flavours of no added sugar squash and that's going okay most of the time.

I think i'm getting enough or close to enough protein. Ham and pickled onions are something i don't mind eating and i have been having those protein thins so if i have ham or chicken on those its just over 20g of protein. Some days are worse than others.

I don't stick to slimming world generally, I just have the meals sometimes for my main meals because they're what everyone else is having and i know they're low fat. They are actually really tasty most of the time and i still have a really small portion so i don't think its those.

Cheese is something i've been having a bit of an issue with. It's fine in small amounts but if i have more than 30g i feel a bit icky so i try to just have a little here and there. Sometimes i have a bit with my ham and pickled onions.

I think not being able to always enjoy food is something i'm just gonna have to get used to for a while. But i suppose its good in a way because it means i'm not relying on it like i used to.

I really wanna try some cashews 'cause i love those but the fat content in those are really high so im too scared to try them yet lol

Generally though i've been really lucky. No dumping yet and no food getting stuck. I know some people that struggle with protein and mine is all going down fine. I even had steak the other day and that was fine!

I hope you're doing well. Thanks again for being so nice and thoughtful Xx
You’re doing so well. I wish I could easily eat the protein. I totally agree about enjoying food. I seldom enjoy a meal anymore. I never thought it was something I’d be bothered about but it’s almost like having a craving that you can’t satisfy. What are the protein thins? I’ve had nuts and find these go down pretty well and haven’t caused me to dump either.

You’re doing so well. I wish I could easily eat the protein. I totally agree about enjoying food. I seldom enjoy a meal anymore. I never thought it was something I’d be bothered about but it’s almost like having a craving that you can’t satisfy. What are the protein thins? I’ve had nuts and find these go down pretty well and haven’t caused me to dump either.

That's exactly what it is! You want something but you just don't know what it is so nothing else seems acceptable or enjoyable. I feel like its impossible for me to decide what to have for each meal because the idea of anything i think of just doesn't cut it. So then you're just eating because you know you have to.

The thins are what Kim posted.. they are really tasty and great for protein and they're nice for sandwiches and toasted. sometimes i have them toasted with low fat cheese spread and its really good. Sometimes i can manage a whole one but other times i can only manage half a one.

I've read a few people who's taste buds have changed after surgery have your hun? Xxxx

Hey Lottie! I don't think so.. i still like the same things and i used to and haven't tried anything i didn't like before though so i don't know for sure. If they have i hope they have started to like healthier stuff!! haha

Healthy stuff is good hunny hope your having a lovely weekend and enjoying the bit of sun we had xxxx

Back