• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My story so far... (finally got my date!!)

Yo Vic, just wanted to say hey! You seem to be doing great. I massively relate to the confidence issues you mentioned a few posts back. Hoping that like you I'll be more confident as a result of actually seeing something through for once! Hows your appetite? I guess it takes time to get comfortable with everything? Just sounds like you're erring on the side of caution which can't be a bad thing.

Hey Elias, Thanks so much! :) I think the op does seem to help a lot of people with confidence issues after reading some diaries on here. And i think the more you do the more you feel like you want to do. I have set myself a goal to learn how to drive now because i've never had the confidence to do that before. It will take a little time because everything leading up to it is out of my comfort zone. Getting my picture taken being the biggest issue haha

My appetite at the moment is pretty much none existent. I eat because i have to and try to make sure i get in the 3 meals a day because i was told if you don't there's a chance you wont lose as much weight as you could. When i eat i try to make low fat, high protein choices. I do feel like i'm getting used to the smaller portions and things now though... like it's the new normal. I have heard your appetite can come back after a while though so i'm trying to build up my willpower for when that happens.

9B5FA8AC-2169-4EA5-8FC6-A1A0AB603E74.jpeg

Lovely slimming world Chinese beef curry that I had for dinner last night! Was amazing and a really great low fat option for your favourite take away. I was missing Chinese a lot before I had this and now I know I don’t have to miss it at all. The plate is a small 7 inch plate I got from the hospital :)

*drools* mmm real food. Ha. I'm definitely swapping out all my plates for tea plates. Makes it look like a right feast.
Have you managed to get your provisional photos done? I only ever had a CBT for a motorbike but there's a definite freedom to having some wheels.

Aw no i'm sorry!! Milk will be over before you know it. it's soooo close now and when you're on solids i'll give you the recipe lol
I didn't get it yet. I have the form and i found my birth certificate but now i have to get an eye test and have my picture done. Those last two will be the hardest ones for me for sure but i gave myself a target to try and send it off before my birthday and my birthday is May 31st so i gotta get my arse in gear! Try and build up the courage.

Haha don't be sorry. I'm pretty used to the milk at this point, & like you said it's really close now! :D
That's a good time frame as it gives you the space for a couple false starts should they occur (which keeps the pressure off) but at the same time it's not so long you'll keep putting it off. Little wins always feel good and if you're anything like me I always imagine things will be worse than they end up being. And when I finally stop fretting and actually do whatever it is, I wonder why I ever wasted so much time being anxious about it in the first place.

View attachment 20573

Lovely slimming world Chinese beef curry that I had for dinner last night! Was amazing and a really great low fat option for your favourite take away. I was missing Chinese a lot before I had this and now I know I don’t have to miss it at all. The plate is a small 7 inch plate I got from the hospital :)
Recipe please...yum yum yum, which hospital did you get your plate from please xxx

It's super easy! you just choose the meat and veg you want, fry that all up in low fat spray oil and then mix together some Mayflower curry powder and add that to your fried meat and veg :D lots of people on slimming world make it with chicken but i always liked beef curry more from the Chinese takeaways.

I had to edit 'cause i forgot to answer the plate question... its from Heartlands Hospital in Birmingham. they offered them out at the end of the group meeting with my dietitian that i had 6 weeks after surgery

View attachment 20573

Wow! You’re doing so well with your food! I’ve not had beef or pasta yet. I wouldn’t be able to eat this even now at 17 weeks :(

It's super easy! you just choose the meat and veg you want, fry that all up in low fat spray oil and then mix together some Mayflower curry powder and add that to your fried meat and veg :D lots of people on slimming world make it with chicken but i always liked beef curry more from the Chinese takeaways.

I had to edit 'cause i forgot to answer the plate question... its from Heartlands Hospital in Birmingham. they offered them out at the end of the group meeting with my dietitian that i had 6 weeks after surgery
Thank you and are they eg noodles underneath xx

Wow! You’re doing so well with your food! I’ve not had beef or pasta yet. I wouldn’t be able to eat this even now at 17 weeks :(

Hey missy, yeah I’ve been really lucky so far I think. I know a lot of people that have really struggled with food and protein so I’m really thankful it seems to be going okay for me. I still get really full from eggs quickly though. No matter how I cook them I still haven’t been able to eat one whole egg lol
Makes me wanna make sure I don’t waste this opportunity I’ve had though because I’m so grateful for it so far. It’s keeping me on the straight and narrow for now

Yay another 3lb lost this week. I'm just ONE pound off losing 4 stone now since my surgery and i'm super happy with that.

Yay! That's fab that you are so close to the 4 stone mark. Congrats.

Thanks @slimkim ! Still a long way to go but i think it's great that i've somehow managed to lose almost 4 stone in 3 months when my mobility is really limited. It makes me excited for when i can do more and coming off as fast as it is that might not be too far away :D

Well done Victoria and in just 3 months. You’ve gots xxx

Back