• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My story so far... (finally got my date!!)

Lost another 2lb this week so i'm down 4 stone 9lb now since surgery. I'm starting to really notice a difference now which is making me feel a little more confident in myself and my efforts so far. When i had my first ever appointment with the weight loss team i was 32 stone 8lb so in total I'm down almost 10 stone! I can't quite get over that... Still have a long way to go but it's so comforting to feel like I'm actually getting somewhere.
Bad thing though, my hair has started doing the dreaded fall out :( big handfuls of it every time i brush it or shower. I'm lucky enough that i had really thick hair to start with so it doesn't actually look thin yet. But with how much is falling out i doubt it will be a long time before it does. How long does it usually fall out for generally before it starts growing back, does anyone know?
Fantastic achievement xxxx

That’s an incredibly loss, very well done xxx

Lost another 2lb this week so i'm down 4 stone 9lb now since surgery. I'm starting to really notice a difference now which is making me feel a little more confident in myself and my efforts so far. When i had my first ever appointment with the weight loss team i was 32 stone 8lb so in total I'm down almost 10 stone! I can't quite get over that... Still have a long way to go but it's so comforting to feel like I'm actually getting somewhere.
Bad thing though, my hair has started doing the dreaded fall out :( big handfuls of it every time i brush it or shower. I'm lucky enough that i had really thick hair to start with so it doesn't actually look thin yet. But with how much is falling out i doubt it will be a long time before it does. How long does it usually fall out for generally before it starts growing back, does anyone know?
wow you have lost a lot of weight well done to you sorry to hear about your hair hope you don't loose to much before regrowth I'm dreading that

Well done you after reading all ur stories im getting super excited carnt wait and victoria u are doing great i only read ur story otherday and u were like me waiting for a date now such weight loss fantastic ...you waited a while for ur date didnt u im so inpatient dying to ring them but its too soon funding was being granted in may were not even out of may yet if i not heard anything in few weeks ill ring them its a scary thing ringing them as its such a exciting thing also scary of the unknown my fear at times is ( nobody laugh ) losing too much ive always been 20 stone plus and im 5 ft 10 so id maybe look ill a size 8/10 wishfull thinking im a size 26 but that is one of my fears ..anyway well done on ur loss keep it up xx

Victoria wow that’s just wow fabulous babe. Oh I’m hoping your hair will recover very soon I have been trying to research that one. It seems unavoidable:-( I’m sure it won’t take long fingers crossed xx

Thanks so much everyone! It's definitely been a long road for me up to this point and it's mentally hard more than anything else. But now I'm seeing the results it all feels worth it :)

Well done you after reading all ur stories im getting super excited carnt wait and victoria u are doing great i only read ur story otherday and u were like me waiting for a date now such weight loss fantastic ...you waited a while for ur date didnt u im so inpatient dying to ring them but its too soon funding was being granted in may were not even out of may yet if i not heard anything in few weeks ill ring them its a scary thing ringing them as its such a exciting thing also scary of the unknown my fear at times is ( nobody laugh ) losing too much ive always been 20 stone plus and im 5 ft 10 so id maybe look ill a size 8/10 wishfull thinking im a size 26 but that is one of my fears ..anyway well done on ur loss keep it up xx

Hey Jackie! :) Yeah i did wait a long time for my date after being put on the waiting list. 9 months i waited for my date and then another 2 after that before i had my surgery. So 11 months from being put on the waiting list to actually getting it done. I was told it would be up to 6 months so i was thinking i was going to get it a lot sooner than i actually did. But the wait helps you in the end, i think. Gives you time to prepare for everything even if you do feel like you're going crazy the whole time. I think it's definitely helped me a lot with my journey.

I think lots of people have the same worries as you. I think most people start maintaining at the weight they should be, if they keep to a healthy diet... so you should be fine. I was convinced i wouldn't get any lighter than around 19 stone but i'm only 3 and a half stone away from that now so i'm starting to think i'll get to lighter than that which is definitely exciting!

Down another 4lb this week so that's 4st 13lb now since my surgery. Almost 5 stone in 4 months!! I'm so excited to think how much further along i will be in another 4 months...
It's crazy when i think about how my life has changed so much already just in 4 short months. I didn't really go outside of my house for weeks on end before and even when i did, i'd usually just get my mom to take me for a drive and not really get out of the car because i wouldn't think that i could manage but mostly because of how self conscious i was and the fact i didn't want to draw any attention to myself. But NOW!! I've been to the cinema twice, i went clothes shopping, i've been to supermarkets, Stratford Park (on a bank holiday!!), i've been swimming, viewed a gym and talked to the manager about joining and sent off for my provisional driving license! I've also gone from a size 34/36 to a size 26/28 and i know most people on here don't even start at that size so it doesn't seem like something to be excited about but i've gone from having a choice of maybe 18 different tops i can buy from yours clothing to almost 300 tops i can buy from yours clothing so for me it does feel really exciting. I'm really hoping that come Christmas i'll be able to choose a Christmas jumper from where ever i wanna get one!

Oh Victoria thats amazing in just 4 months you should be so proud Not just on your magnificent weight loss but your achievement in getting out there and doing stuff. I’m so happy for you and this is just the start babe

The world is your oyster now sweetheart you can take life in both hands now babe and shake it up and start living So happy for you xx:thankyouthankyou::winner::0clapper:

I'm really pleased for you @_Victoria_ You've done so well on your weight loss & increase in confidence. It's so much of a mental game & you are conquering it.x

Down another 4lb this week so that's 4st 13lb now since my surgery. Almost 5 stone in 4 months!! I'm so excited to think how much further along i will be in another 4 months...
It's crazy when i think about how my life has changed so much already just in 4 short months. I didn't really go outside of my house for weeks on end before and even when i did, i'd usually just get my mom to take me for a drive and not really get out of the car because i wouldn't think that i could manage but mostly because of how self conscious i was and the fact i didn't want to draw any attention to myself. But NOW!! I've been to the cinema twice, i went clothes shopping, i've been to supermarkets, Stratford Park (on a bank holiday!!), i've been swimming, viewed a gym and talked to the manager about joining and sent off for my provisional driving license! I've also gone from a size 34/36 to a size 26/28 and i know most people on here don't even start at that size so it doesn't seem like something to be excited about but i've gone from having a choice of maybe 18 different tops i can buy from yours clothing to almost 300 tops i can buy from yours clothing so for me it does feel really exciting. I'm really hoping that come Christmas i'll be able to choose a Christmas jumper from where ever i wanna get one!
Congratulations and how wonderful to feel your excitement and enthusiasm, it shines out from you. The world is opening up for you again and soon you will be able to go shopping anywhere and do anything you want to do, I know it and feel your determination. Sooo happy for you xxxx

It really is so heartwarming to read this, you’ve done extremely well and it’s great that your confidence is soaring, very well done on a fabulous achievement, onwards and downwards xxx

Well done Victoria I know we're both a couple anxious buggers so it's always good to hear successes! You're doing great and I love that you're enjoying more time out and about. There's nothing worse than being in a mental prison so anything that breaks the shackles is awesome :)

Hey everyone :) I know i haven't updated for a while but i had my first one to one appointment with my dietitian today since my surgery so thought i'd post here about it.

It went really really well! My Dietitian just kept looking at me and then back at her computer screen for a while before she stated "You've lost so much weight!" It turns out i've lost over 30kg since the last time i saw her at the group meeting in March and she couldn't quite believe it. She made a comments about wishing she had gold stars to give out and about making me her little project which kinda made me beam with pride.

I spoke to her about my hair loss because i was worried about it and so she went through what i was eating and what tablets i'm taking and all that and she was pleased with all of that too. She does want me to try and slow my weight loss down now though, Strangely enough. Which i was surprised at because i still have so much to lose. She's basically told me to forget everything she's told me before. To eat protein in sauces now so i can eat more, to have more carbs and to eat them before my vegetables. YAY for that! haha. And she also told me to have two handfuls of cashews a day and to try and have an extra protein snack if i can.

I also asked her about he 10g of fat and sugar i was told to have before.. because i wondered if it was just saturated fat or all fat generally. She told me i don't have to worry about that at all for a while and to just eat whatever i want in moderation. That most of the time she would tell people to be good 80% of the time and then to have a treat 20% of the time. But because my weight loss has been so fast, if i want something, to have it and that it wouldn't hurt to do that at least 2 times a week. She even made me promise to have popcorn the next time i go to the cinema!

She was saying that on average they expect bypass patients to lose 70% of their excess body weight after the normal BMI range in the two years after surgery. And then told me that i had hit almost 50% in the first 5 months. Which to me is just crazy. I never thought i would have to be told to eat more, but here i am. lol

So all in all a good visit. Looking forward to the rest of my journey and losing more weight. Honestly hoping it doesn't slow down too much even when following her eating advice. To me, the quicker i can lose weight the better. But i understand they want me to stay healthy too so i tend to do as i'm told. haha.

I also saw my GP last week and he told me that all my bloods are in the normal range now so that was encouraging. I have moved at least 30% away from being borderline diabetic too which he told me is a massive improvement. So far, so good!! :D

Wow that’s a massive 50% in 5 months you have done amazingly well. Nice to be told you can eat anything in moderation :). You look after yourself hun she’s quite right you need to be healthy xxx I still can’t get over that loss :)

Hey everyone :) I know i haven't updated for a while but i had my first one to one appointment with my dietitian today since my surgery so thought i'd post here about it.

It went really really well! My Dietitian just kept looking at me and then back at her computer screen for a while before she stated "You've lost so much weight!" It turns out i've lost over 30kg since the last time i saw her at the group meeting in March and she couldn't quite believe it. She made a comments about wishing she had gold stars to give out and about making me her little project which kinda made me beam with pride.

I spoke to her about my hair loss because i was worried about it and so she went through what i was eating and what tablets i'm taking and all that and she was pleased with all of that too. She does want me to try and slow my weight loss down now though, Strangely enough. Which i was surprised at because i still have so much to lose. She's basically told me to forget everything she's told me before. To eat protein in sauces now so i can eat more, to have more carbs and to eat them before my vegetables. YAY for that! haha. And she also told me to have two handfuls of cashews a day and to try and have an extra protein snack if i can.

I also asked her about he 10g of fat and sugar i was told to have before.. because i wondered if it was just saturated fat or all fat generally. She told me i don't have to worry about that at all for a while and to just eat whatever i want in moderation. That most of the time she would tell people to be good 80% of the time and then to have a treat 20% of the time. But because my weight loss has been so fast, if i want something, to have it and that it wouldn't hurt to do that at least 2 times a week. She even made me promise to have popcorn the next time i go to the cinema!

She was saying that on average they expect bypass patients to lose 70% of their excess body weight after the normal BMI range in the two years after surgery. And then told me that i had hit almost 50% in the first 5 months. Which to me is just crazy. I never thought i would have to be told to eat more, but here i am. lol

So all in all a good visit. Looking forward to the rest of my journey and losing more weight. Honestly hoping it doesn't slow down too much even when following her eating advice. To me, the quicker i can lose weight the better. But i understand they want me to stay healthy too so i tend to do as i'm told. haha.

I also saw my GP last week and he told me that all my bloods are in the normal range now so that was encouraging. I have moved at least 30% away from being borderline diabetic too which he told me is a massive improvement. So far, so good!! :D
Fantastic Victoria, amazing results for you, star pupil xxxx

Back