• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My story so far... (finally got my date!!)

Fantastic news.x

Hey everyone :) I know i haven't updated for a while but i had my first one to one appointment with my dietitian today since my surgery so thought i'd post here about it.

It went really really well! My Dietitian just kept looking at me and then back at her computer screen for a while before she stated "You've lost so much weight!" It turns out i've lost over 30kg since the last time i saw her at the group meeting in March and she couldn't quite believe it. She made a comments about wishing she had gold stars to give out and about making me her little project which kinda made me beam with pride.

I spoke to her about my hair loss because i was worried about it and so she went through what i was eating and what tablets i'm taking and all that and she was pleased with all of that too. She does want me to try and slow my weight loss down now though, Strangely enough. Which i was surprised at because i still have so much to lose. She's basically told me to forget everything she's told me before. To eat protein in sauces now so i can eat more, to have more carbs and to eat them before my vegetables. YAY for that! haha. And she also told me to have two handfuls of cashews a day and to try and have an extra protein snack if i can.

I also asked her about he 10g of fat and sugar i was told to have before.. because i wondered if it was just saturated fat or all fat generally. She told me i don't have to worry about that at all for a while and to just eat whatever i want in moderation. That most of the time she would tell people to be good 80% of the time and then to have a treat 20% of the time. But because my weight loss has been so fast, if i want something, to have it and that it wouldn't hurt to do that at least 2 times a week. She even made me promise to have popcorn the next time i go to the cinema!

She was saying that on average they expect bypass patients to lose 70% of their excess body weight after the normal BMI range in the two years after surgery. And then told me that i had hit almost 50% in the first 5 months. Which to me is just crazy. I never thought i would have to be told to eat more, but here i am. lol

So all in all a good visit. Looking forward to the rest of my journey and losing more weight. Honestly hoping it doesn't slow down too much even when following her eating advice. To me, the quicker i can lose weight the better. But i understand they want me to stay healthy too so i tend to do as i'm told. haha.

I also saw my GP last week and he told me that all my bloods are in the normal range now so that was encouraging. I have moved at least 30% away from being borderline diabetic too which he told me is a massive improvement. So far, so good!! :D
Wow, what an amazing outcome! 50% in only 5 months, you must be buzzing from that and the bonus is you can eat more, win win lol. Look forward to your next update, to see how much more you can lose, you are obviously smashing this. I live in hope this will be me one day, you're such an inspiration. Xx

Last edited:
Hey everyone :) I know i haven't updated for a while but i had my first one to one appointment with my dietitian today since my surgery so thought i'd post here about it.

It went really really well! My Dietitian just kept looking at me and then back at her computer screen for a while before she stated "You've lost so much weight!" It turns out i've lost over 30kg since the last time i saw her at the group meeting in March and she couldn't quite believe it. She made a comments about wishing she had gold stars to give out and about making me her little project which kinda made me beam with pride.

I spoke to her about my hair loss because i was worried about it and so she went through what i was eating and what tablets i'm taking and all that and she was pleased with all of that too. She does want me to try and slow my weight loss down now though, Strangely enough. Which i was surprised at because i still have so much to lose. She's basically told me to forget everything she's told me before. To eat protein in sauces now so i can eat more, to have more carbs and to eat them before my vegetables. YAY for that! haha. And she also told me to have two handfuls of cashews a day and to try and have an extra protein snack if i can.

I also asked her about he 10g of fat and sugar i was told to have before.. because i wondered if it was just saturated fat or all fat generally. She told me i don't have to worry about that at all for a while and to just eat whatever i want in moderation. That most of the time she would tell people to be good 80% of the time and then to have a treat 20% of the time. But because my weight loss has been so fast, if i want something, to have it and that it wouldn't hurt to do that at least 2 times a week. She even made me promise to have popcorn the next time i go to the cinema!

She was saying that on average they expect bypass patients to lose 70% of their excess body weight after the normal BMI range in the two years after surgery. And then told me that i had hit almost 50% in the first 5 months. Which to me is just crazy. I never thought i would have to be told to eat more, but here i am. lol

So all in all a good visit. Looking forward to the rest of my journey and losing more weight. Honestly hoping it doesn't slow down too much even when following her eating advice. To me, the quicker i can lose weight the better. But i understand they want me to stay healthy too so i tend to do as i'm told. haha.

I also saw my GP last week and he told me that all my bloods are in the normal range now so that was encouraging. I have moved at least 30% away from being borderline diabetic too which he told me is a massive improvement. So far, so good!! :D
Wow that’s amazing Victoria, very well done, please do listen to her advice as you know there is no rush, every pound lost is a pound nearer your goal and we want you to be healthy too xxxx

Hi @_Victoria_ , great news. I better watch what I eat otherwise you will be overtaking me.
I am currently 8st 3lbs less than my start of this journey and 4st 2lbs since surgery (my scales), next hospital visit 16th July, so will update my profile then.

Ian2big you are doing amazingly well xx

Hi @_Victoria_ , great news. I better watch what I eat otherwise you will be overtaking me.
I am currently 8st 3lbs less than my start of this journey and 4st 2lbs since surgery (my scales), next hospital visit 16th July, so will update my profile then.
Well done Ian, that's amazing x

Great work Ian, amazing loss, very well done x

Well done Ian great loss xx

I am back at Luton next week on 12 July so hope they are happy with me

Hey @Ian2Big you're doing amazingly well, it's really nice to hear from you :D

I've actually lost 11st 2lb since the start of my journey in November 2015 and 6st exactly since my surgery on January 29th. Seems crazy to think so much has gone already but i still have a long way to go.

I've actually lost 11st 2lb since the start of my journey in November 2015 and 6st exactly since my surgery on January 29th. Seems crazy to think so much has gone already but i still have a long way to go.

God you have done amazingly well hun proud of you xxx

Wow Victoria you've done amazing well in a short space of time. You may have a way to go still, but your gonna get there pretty fast at this rate x

Wow....that’s absolutely incredible Victoria, you should be very proud of yourself xxxx

Amazing Victoria. X

Back