• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My story so far... (finally got my date!!)

Such an amazing achievement xx

Things have been going pretty well for me still. I'm down to 21 stone exactly now so still losing at a steady pace. I haven't really been doing more exercise so i should up my game there. But generally i'm a lot more mobile than i used to be. I can move around the house easier and stand up for longer than i have been able to before.

It was my Moms birthday last Saturday (July 14th) and she wanted to go out for dinner. Usually i stay at home and haven't been out to eat at all for at least 5 years (i don't remember when exactly) but because it's what she wanted to do and i wanted it to be special for her i forced myself to go and it was actually really really nice. I had a chicken breast, bacon and cheese burger that came with chips. But THANKFULLY my sister had ordered just a small sandwich but didn't like the bread that came with it. So she ate most of my chips and my burger bun and i just ate some of the chicken, cheese and bacon and a few chips. It was a success :D

I had to get something new to wear to go to dinner because most of my clothes look silly now. I was picking up sizes 26-28 and they were all too big! I was shocked, i didn't think i'd be a smaller size than that yet. I got a size 24 and even had some room left in that so i don't think that will last long. I'm so happy because i feel so close to being able to shop in supermarkets! I love the clothes from ASDA and have never been able to shop there. i cant believe I'm in a size 24 when at Christmas i was a size 34-36. I haven't been the weight i am now since i was around 17. Blows my mind!

Sadly all my news isn't good. I was out most of the day with my Mom yesterday and when i got home my one sister told me that my other sister told her that she will be gutted when i get slimmer than her. I always suspected as much. It seems like since i had my surgery she has tried to compete with me more than support me which makes me sad because every time she's at slimming world i think I'm always supportive and encouraging. It makes me feel different about it since shes actually said it out loud though. Makes me sad to think she can't just be happy for me. I said to the sister that told me that when i do get slimmer than her I'm gonna be all like "wow i cant believe I'm thinner than you now!" just to rub it in her face. My mom says she doesn't think i should lower myself to that though, just keep doing well for my own sake and just ignore her. I suppose shes right so i won't do that... it's still upsetting though. I think some people like to surround themselves with people in a worse place than them so they feel better about themselves. It's when you're doing well for yourself that you find people that actually love you for who you are and only want you to succeed and be happy. Surgery helps you lose weight but it also gives you a lot of clarity when it comes to other things in your life too. Most of those things are good but where there's light there's also shadows.

Sorry for the super long post! I'm still trying to catch up because i haven't been online for a while but i hope you're all doing well :hugs:

Oh Vicky firstly congratulations on your journey so far you are amazing xx the Biggest hug for getting out for a meal proud of you xx
Now as for your sister just remember jealousy is a very ugly emotion and hunny your a beauty inside and out she can never have that no matter what xxxxx

Things have been going pretty well for me still. I'm down to 21 stone exactly now so still losing at a steady pace. I haven't really been doing more exercise so i should up my game there. But generally i'm a lot more mobile than i used to be. I can move around the house easier and stand up for longer than i have been able to before.

It was my Moms birthday last Saturday (July 14th) and she wanted to go out for dinner. Usually i stay at home and haven't been out to eat at all for at least 5 years (i don't remember when exactly) but because it's what she wanted to do and i wanted it to be special for her i forced myself to go and it was actually really really nice. I had a chicken breast, bacon and cheese burger that came with chips. But THANKFULLY my sister had ordered just a small sandwich but didn't like the bread that came with it. So she ate most of my chips and my burger bun and i just ate some of the chicken, cheese and bacon and a few chips. It was a success :D

I had to get something new to wear to go to dinner because most of my clothes look silly now. I was picking up sizes 26-28 and they were all too big! I was shocked, i didn't think i'd be a smaller size than that yet. I got a size 24 and even had some room left in that so i don't think that will last long. I'm so happy because i feel so close to being able to shop in supermarkets! I love the clothes from ASDA and have never been able to shop there. i cant believe I'm in a size 24 when at Christmas i was a size 34-36. I haven't been the weight i am now since i was around 17. Blows my mind!

Sadly all my news isn't good. I was out most of the day with my Mom yesterday and when i got home my one sister told me that my other sister told her that she will be gutted when i get slimmer than her. I always suspected as much. It seems like since i had my surgery she has tried to compete with me more than support me which makes me sad because every time she's at slimming world i think I'm always supportive and encouraging. It makes me feel different about it since shes actually said it out loud though. Makes me sad to think she can't just be happy for me. I said to the sister that told me that when i do get slimmer than her I'm gonna be all like "wow i cant believe I'm thinner than you now!" just to rub it in her face. My mom says she doesn't think i should lower myself to that though, just keep doing well for my own sake and just ignore her. I suppose shes right so i won't do that... it's still upsetting though. I think some people like to surround themselves with people in a worse place than them so they feel better about themselves. It's when you're doing well for yourself that you find people that actually love you for who you are and only want you to succeed and be happy. Surgery helps you lose weight but it also gives you a lot of clarity when it comes to other things in your life too. Most of those things are good but where there's light there's also shadows.

Sorry for the super long post! I'm still trying to catch up because i haven't been online for a while but i hope you're all doing well :hugs:
Firstly very well done on your continued weight loss, you've lost a lot in a short space of time and it's brilliant you are more mobile and being able to go out to dinner, it's only going to get even better as time goes by. Please don't let your sister put a dampener on it, jealously is an awful thing and I think your mum is right, don't rise to it, the best way to rub her face in it is to let her see how successful you are and how happy you are. I've had a similar experience with my sister, years ago when I first mentioned to her that I was going to the doctors to seek WLS, she, who have never mentioned any kind of WLS to anyone promptly went and paid for a gastric band, when she really wasn't even that big, she gloated about it afterwards, knowing the NHS declined me, saying that she could afford it, knowing damn well I couldn't, it felt like she stabbed me in the heart. She has always wanted me as the under dog, that is why I have chose not to tell her about what I'm doing now, she has no idea I'm on the pathway to WLS. I think if she did she'd probably panic lol. So you're not alone with family members who try to suck the joy out of you, just try to surround yourself with people who really care and support you and forget those that don't.
Your diary inspired me a lot. xx

Victoria you are doing so well so don’t let your jealous sister spoil anything for you. Just keep losing weight and let her keep her jealousy. Xxxx

From a 34/36 to a 24 is an amazing achievement in such a short period of time. I hope you are taking pictures. Even if you feel like you don't want to show anyone take the pictures for yourself so you can look at them whenever you get a low moment. It'll definitely show you how far you've come. I am really pleased for you. Also going out for dinner is a super accomplishment. I know that was a hard decision for you to make and you also made great choices for the meal.

As for your sister it is sad that she feels that way. I feel sorry for her. You should definitely not even give her any angry thoughts though. Just focus on yourself and the lovely changes that are going on in your life. Focusing on the positives will definitely keep you on the right path.xx

WELL DONE, you have been amazing and done amazingly well, I can only echo what others have said, jealousy is a nasty emotion, rise above it, seeing how well you have done and how happy you are will irritate her more and give you so much satisfaction xxx

Oh Vicky firstly congratulations on your journey so far you are amazing xx the Biggest hug for getting out for a meal proud of you xx
Now as for your sister just remember jealousy is a very ugly emotion and hunny your a beauty inside and out she can never have that no matter what xxxxx

Thanks so much Irene, You're always so lovely :hugs:

Firstly very well done on your continued weight loss, you've lost a lot in a short space of time and it's brilliant you are more mobile and being able to go out to dinner, it's only going to get even better as time goes by. Please don't let your sister put a dampener on it, jealously is an awful thing and I think your mum is right, don't rise to it, the best way to rub her face in it is to let her see how successful you are and how happy you are. I've had a similar experience with my sister, years ago when I first mentioned to her that I was going to the doctors to seek WLS, she, who have never mentioned any kind of WLS to anyone promptly went and paid for a gastric band, when she really wasn't even that big, she gloated about it afterwards, knowing the NHS declined me, saying that she could afford it, knowing damn well I couldn't, it felt like she stabbed me in the heart. She has always wanted me as the under dog, that is why I have chose not to tell her about what I'm doing now, she has no idea I'm on the pathway to WLS. I think if she did she'd probably panic lol. So you're not alone with family members who try to suck the joy out of you, just try to surround yourself with people who really care and support you and forget those that don't.
Your diary inspired me a lot. xx

Thank you, Sandra! That's usually the attitude i take in life generally. Revenge is your own happiness. I just suppose it was unexpected when it was my own sister.
I can't believe your sister would do that to you either. Some people can just be so cruel. It's horrible to think you can't confide in the people you love because you know they will use it against you. Not nice at all... especially from your own family.

Thank you, Sandra! That's usually the attitude i take in life generally. Revenge is your own happiness. I just suppose it was unexpected when it was my own sister.
I can't believe your sister would do that to you either. Some people can just be so cruel. It's horrible to think you can't confide in the people you love because you know they will use it against you. Not nice at all... especially from your own family.
Well as they say, you can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family. My friends support me much more than my own family. Thank God for friends! xx

From a 34/36 to a 24 is an amazing achievement in such a short period of time. I hope you are taking pictures. Even if you feel like you don't want to show anyone take the pictures for yourself so you can look at them whenever you get a low moment. It'll definitely show you how far you've come. I am really pleased for you. Also going out for dinner is a super accomplishment. I know that was a hard decision for you to make and you also made great choices for the meal.

As for your sister it is sad that she feels that way. I feel sorry for her. You should definitely not even give her any angry thoughts though. Just focus on yourself and the lovely changes that are going on in your life. Focusing on the positives will definitely keep you on the right path.xx

I didn't take pictures!! I always meant to but then kept putting it off because i hate pictures of me. I think my mom got a sneaky couple a few weeks after my surgery though. I will have to see if she still has them.
Thanks so much for the kind words :hugs:I'm definitely trying to stay positive! I just stopped sharing my weight with her now. That way we can't be in competition

WELL DONE, you have been amazing and done amazingly well, I can only echo what others have said, jealousy is a nasty emotion, rise above it, seeing how well you have done and how happy you are will irritate her more and give you so much satisfaction xxx

Thanks Bling!! :hugs:

I've had a bit of a mind blowing day today... I had my first ever driving lesson! I always wanted to drive and never had the confidence to try because i always feared i wouldn't fit behind the steering wheel. Today i did it :D didn't go faster than 20mph so basically just rolled the whole time. But i still did it!! Haha. I booked my second lesson for the same time next week :D

Back