• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My story so far... (finally got my date!!)

Good luck tomorrow Victoria, I’m sure you’ll make it to the losers bench this time, you certainly deserve it, look forward to your updates xxxx

Good luck for tomorrow! I hope everything goes well!

Aw thank you everyone! I’m so lucky to have found this forums ‘cause you’re all so nice. I’m just getting ready now. I don’t have to be there until 11am so I’ve been able to take my time. I’m really hoping everything goes well and that there’s nothing this time that will stop me getting the surgery. I really hope to be on the losers bench by tonight!! I’ll message on here as soon as I can.
Thanks again for all being so lovely. I literally would have gone crazy without you lovely ladies (and gents) Xx

Omg....a belated Good Luck! Look forwards to the updates.

A bit late but, thought I'd post anyhow...for when someone else reads your thread.
But, been on the monthly, won't stop the surgery going ahead, I came on the morning i was due for surgery! ( gutted).

I'm so pleased you've finally make it to the op table. Wishing you every success for your new beginning :)

Toni :rainbow:

Sending well wishes your way @_Victoria_ ! I hope they surgery went well and I can't wait for your update.

Aw thank you everyone! I’m so lucky to have found this forums ‘cause you’re all so nice. I’m just getting ready now. I don’t have to be there until 11am so I’ve been able to take my time. I’m really hoping everything goes well and that there’s nothing this time that will stop me getting the surgery. I really hope to be on the losers bench by tonight!! I’ll message on here as soon as I can.
Thanks again for all being so lovely. I literally would have gone crazy without you lovely ladies (and gents) Xx
Hope all has gone well and you are now on the losers’ bench xx

Hey everyone!! Thanks for all the well wishes. I’m happy to report that I’m FINALLY on the losers bench :woohoo:
I signed in at the hospital at just before 11 and was shown to my room about 5 minutes later. All the staff were really really lovely. I had to wait around for a while but it went quite fast because of people popping in and out asking questions, taking my blood pressure and bloods and stuff and then I was put to sleep for surgery at exactly 4:45pm.
I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to have the bypass or if they would have to do the sleeve so when I woke up in recovery and they told me I got the bypass like I wanted I was relieved! My surgeon told me everything went well and my liver was really good so he knew that I’d done really well on my pre op diet so that made me feel really proud of myself :D
He came to see me again on the night to check I was all okay and then again the morning after and was happy enough with everything that he said I could come home. So by 5pm yesterday I was sitting on my couch which seemed really odd!!
The journey home and the immediate aftermath was the most painful time for me so far. Is it normal for most of the pain to be in your left side after surgery? I haven’t ventured past water yet liquid wise. I tried to have 100ml of semi skimmed milk but had to take my pain killers around the same time which taste disgusting and make me feel sick so I gave up on the milk. I’m gonna try and get a little more in today and make sure I take my vitamins :)
I’m in a lot less pain than I thought I would be so I’m hoping it keeps going as smooth as it’s seemed to go so far.
I hope everyone else is okay. I’ll make sure I catch up with everyone’s diaries when I can sit back at my laptop ‘cause I find it hard to navigate this thing on my phone! Xx

Hey everyone!! Thanks for all the well wishes. I’m happy to report that I’m FINALLY on the losers bench :woohoo:
I signed in at the hospital at just before 11 and was shown to my room about 5 minutes later. All the staff were really really lovely. I had to wait around for a while but it went quite fast because of people popping in and out asking questions, taking my blood pressure and bloods and stuff and then I was put to sleep for surgery at exactly 4:45pm.
I wasn’t sure if I’d be able to have the bypass or if they would have to do the sleeve so when I woke up in recovery and they told me I got the bypass like I wanted I was relieved! My surgeon told me everything went well and my liver was really good so he knew that I’d done really well on my pre op diet so that made me feel really proud of myself :D
He came to see me again on the night to check I was all okay and then again the morning after and was happy enough with everything that he said I could come home. So by 5pm yesterday I was sitting on my couch which seemed really odd!!
The journey home and the immediate aftermath was the most painful time for me so far. Is it normal for most of the pain to be in your left side after surgery? I haven’t ventured past water yet liquid wise. I tried to have 100ml of semi skimmed milk but had to take my pain killers around the same time which taste disgusting and make me feel sick so I gave up on the milk. I’m gonna try and get a little more in today and make sure I take my vitamins :)
I’m in a lot less pain than I thought I would be so I’m hoping it keeps going as smooth as it’s seemed to go so far.
I hope everyone else is okay. I’ll make sure I catch up with everyone’s diaries when I can sit back at my laptop ‘cause I find it hard to navigate this thing on my phone! Xx
Woo hoo! Congratulations! Yes, most of my pain was the left side as it’s where the stomach is. I found Heinz Chicken soup (strained) my saving grace and it went down well. The first 2 days were the worst. It all gets easier after that. Welcome to being a loser! X

Congratulations on reaching the losers bench and a successful surgery, look forward to your updates, take care and rest up xxx

Fingers crossed I’m in the same position as you. My Bypass surgery is booked for next week!. Excited and nervous at the same time. So glad u have had it done and can now look forward to a new life xx

So very, very pleased for you! Hope you have a very speedy and uneventful recovery!

So happy for you. I had pain in my shoulder from the gas but only walking helped. Hope it settles down, people say peppermint tea helps. Xxxx

Congratulations hunny for being on looser bench hunny. Xxxx

Congraulations and glad you are feeling well got my bypass on the 8th march my family has started to get a bit worried about me but i think they know my mind is made up i love them to bits all the same ill look forward to your up dates and the start of your new lifexx

@_Victoria_ . Great that you finally got it done and are at home resting.
The hospital suggested water and clear soup / stock cube for the first 2 days, although was allowed tea or coffee. Small and often is the key. I started taking my meds with chocolate milk (crusha mix and milk) to disguise the taste. A week on I can take most of them whole. Still have chewable vitamins.

Good to hear that you are doing so well. I am really pleased it finally happened for you.
Looking forward to reading your updates x

Woo hoo! Congratulations! Yes, most of my pain was the left side as it’s where the stomach is. I found Heinz Chicken soup (strained) my saving grace and it went down well. The first 2 days were the worst. It all gets easier after that. Welcome to being a loser! X

Oh that's good! I'm glad its normal then. It didn't start happening until i got home so i obviously didn't ask the doctor about it. My mom and sisters wanted me to stay an extra night but i think if they're saying you can go home you must be fine to go home so there was no way i was staying there longer than i needed to lol
I tried some watered down vegetable soup yesterday that i strained too but stopped at like 8 baby teaspoons 'cause i didn't wanna risk eating too much.

Fingers crossed I’m in the same position as you. My Bypass surgery is booked for next week!. Excited and nervous at the same time. So glad u have had it done and can now look forward to a new life xx

Congrats on your surgery date! It will be awesome. Try not to be too nervous it's honestly not so bad. Or it hasn't been for me anyways.. I had mine late afternoon on the 29th and haven't needed any pain killers since last night! A whole new life is ahead of both of us :D x

Back