• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

My Weight loss Journey 2014 onwards

I'm am finding all your comments s inspirational and motivational. I am glad to have found this site

I started my diet today and have been doing low carb. Not actually thought about the cals

I need advise on the protein drinks?

What is the wifit?

Hoping for a date for the gastric band within two to three weeks (that's the timescale the surgeon gave me today)

I am really terrified about the op, the surgeon gave me an out today and I was tempted. He told me to go away to consider just giving a diet another go. But we all know even if we have a temp success we will end back in this place eventually. So decided to go ahead and get a date at the Nuffield Glasgow. Awaiting the date

Learning so much from your posts

I'm am finding all your comments s inspirational and motivational. I am glad to have found this site I started my diet today and have been doing low carb. Not actually thought about the cals I need advise on the protein drinks? What is the wifit? Hoping for a date for the gastric band within two to three weeks (that's the timescale the surgeon gave me today) I am really terrified about the op, the surgeon gave me an out today and I was tempted. He told me to go away to consider just giving a diet another go. But we all know even if we have a temp success we will end back in this place eventually. So decided to go ahead and get a date at the Nuffield Glasgow. Awaiting the date Learning so much from your posts

Hey love! Glad to be of any help, I am still early in my journey but found it to be easier (still hard) but lot easier with help from this site! I usually make my own but can recommend the UFIT and Upbeat if you want high protein and low cals...(were on offer for £1 at tesco, but think thats ending this week sometime) Im steering away from pasta, potatos, rice and bread, seems to be agreeing so far...I actually lost another 1lbs today so thats 17lbs in just over 3 weeks! What doctor are you under at Nuffield? I felt really good after my consultation, but its the docs job to give u all the facts, so take time...I just think that with anything there are risks and I done research on the docs so I trust them...wiifit...it's a computer game that work out at home xxx

Last edited:
whoop whoop hunni fantastic going :) i admire your strength and determination your in the zone and will succeed no problems x x x x have fab day

Just wanted to pop in and say you're doing really really well... Well done for sticking with the diet even before being given a pre-op diet. All the best for your surgery. You are working really hard and deserve it. X

Thanks for all the support ladies!! It definitely helps keep me going!!

I had couple people ask if lost weight, so I'm taking that as a compliment! :) I just say I'm on low cal diet, no junk! Xx

Looking forward to the pre op appt I think it will all feel more real after!

I still feel like the dreaded time of month maybe upon me..I'm hoping it's gone for surgery day and doesn't slow down my weight loss that much!! Xxx

Thanks for all the support ladies!! It definitely helps keep me going!! I had couple people ask if lost weight, so I'm taking that as a compliment! :) I just say I'm on low cal diet, no junk! Xx Looking forward to the pre op appt I think it will all feel more real after! I still feel like the dreaded time of month maybe upon me..I'm hoping it's gone for surgery day and doesn't slow down my weight loss that much!! Xxx

You deserve it Hun :)

Oh time of the month - I came on 2 days after my surgery having not had a period for about 6 months, I was less than impressed. However it didn't seem to affect weight loss. Xx

My periods are also ridiculously irregular (have been known to go 8 months without one before), but typically came on about a week before my op! Luckily it stopped the day before.
Then I came on again about 5 days after surgery!! It's Sod's law! Don't have a period for about 6 months... Then have 2 in one month! Typical ;)

Sucks being a woman sometimes! :p

Anyway, I've been lurking your diary for a while now and it has to be said, you've done so well! You stuck at it amazingly! Well done, girl :D

I had no period at all for almost 5 years, and now they're pretty regular again. They affect weight loss for a week, then the weight drops off with some more. Nothing to worry about, delaying weight loss but not actually affecting it. X

Oh, well that's something to keep in mind. At least if I have a stall or weight loss slows around "that time", I'll know not to get too worried about it! :D

You really are doing so well Hun big congrats with the loss you're well in the zone now :) x

Thanks Cupid!!!

It feels good the closer I get and definitely feel a little more good about myself even with the loss had so far!!

Hope your doing ok love!?

Today was good, still on 2 shakes a day and some salmon fillet for dinner with little veg!

Also had a few wee cherries as a treat!

Steps today 5325!! :)

Got my weekly fitbit report and walked almost. 33,000 steps in a week which I think is amazing when add it altogether xx

Back