• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Sleever from London

BFB, I am actually saving money in some aspects such as ready meals and veg lasting so long but on the other hand, I'm buying more expensive stuff such as protein shakes, yoghurt and now I'm paying for swimming membership. I think it was cheaper in the olden days!!! For example: 4 or 5 bar chocolate multipack £1. Protein yoghurt £2.50!! I know which one I like the taste of!!! Didn't have a lot if takeaways in my previous life but did go OUT for dinner a lot with friends and I really miss that!!! Apart from 2 friends, I haven't met up with any other friends so I can get my diet right!! Can't wait to be let loose again!!! Xx

Ah it won't be long till you're 'let loose' haha!! Totally worth going through the stages and all those times you'll be going out for a meal will taste even sweeter :) xx

Well done on your weight loss Rinata. I also lost 2 stones. My nurse said, "measure yourself, on those weeks you think you did not loose weight, you will notice you are loosing inches"
Please don't be disheartened . We have a year to get to our ideal weight and settle. I feel a slower weight loss will be better for my body. It is better us and our body slowly but surely adapt to our new eating habits.
I know you want to be in shape for holiday, but remember you are already 2 stones lighter!

Well done on your weight loss Rinata. I also lost 2 stones. My nurse said, "measure yourself, on those weeks you think you did not loose weight, you will notice you are loosing inches" Please don't be disheartened . We have a year to get to our ideal weight and settle. I feel a slower weight loss will be better for my body. It is better us and our body slowly but surely adapt to our new eating habits. I know you want to be in shape for holiday, but remember you are already 2 stones lighter!

You're so right Tules!! Although weight loss has slowed down, I have lost inches too since my Op. Thanks for getting me back on track with your pep talk!! It's taken years to pile on so I have no right to expect the loss overnight or a certain amount by my holiday because it suits me better!!!

Thanks!! Xx

Hi guys, lost my login details on my phone and couldn't check in!
Really sorry your disappointed with your weigh loss Rinata, try not to be too hard on yourself you've done really well. Like others have said you'll be loosing inches.
Keep doing what your doing and you'll look fab on your holiday :)
I've lost 2 lb this week but feel the way you do, about how slowly it's coming off, given the little portions I expected to loose much more.
Saw a lady who takes her daughter swimming where my girls go and she had a band fitted, she's lost 7 stone over 3 years, we're in this for the long hall!
Hope you have a good week and keep going with the exercise, you'll soon see the results. Xx

Hi guys, lost my login details on my phone and couldn't check in! Really sorry your disappointed with your weigh loss Rinata, try not to be too hard on yourself you've done really well. Like others have said you'll be loosing inches. Keep doing what your doing and you'll look fab on your holiday :) I've lost 2 lb this week but feel the way you do, about how slowly it's coming off, given the little portions I expected to loose much more. Saw a lady who takes her daughter swimming where my girls go and she had a band fitted, she's lost 7 stone over 3 years, we're in this for the long hall! Hope you have a good week and keep going with the exercise, you'll soon see the results. Xx

Glad you managed to check back in and very well done on your 2lb weight loss KatD!!! That is excellent.
Yes, isn't it strange that with portion sizes so small, it's natural to think that the weight will automatically drop off!! Still don't understand the whole science behind it... Maybe I should attend bariatric school??!!! Lol.

Wow, 7 stone with the band is an awesome result.... Yes, you're right we really are in it for the long haul and no turning back!!! I think I've mentioned before that it has taken years to pile it on so I can't have the right to drop it overnight!!!

Well done again on your loss and keep up the good work... Xx

Weekly weigh in:- 3lb LOSS!!!! Yippee!!!!

That was such a pleasant and very welcome surprise and really needed that! With my minimal weight loss in the last 3 weeks and my dentist visits along with the worst chronic constipation EVER, this 3lb loss is just the boost and motivation I needed!!!

Good luck to everyone else with your weigh ins. Have a lovely bank holiday and a great week ahead. Xx

Yay!! Well done rinata on your loss!!!

Sm

Xx

Weekly weigh in:- 3lb LOSS!!!! Yippee!!!!

That was such a pleasant and very welcome surprise and really needed that! With my minimal weight loss in the last 3 weeks and my dentist visits along with the worst chronic constipation EVER, this 3lb loss is just the boost and motivation I needed!!!

Good luck to everyone else with your weigh ins. Have a lovely bank holiday and a great week ahead. Xx

Yay congratulations Rinata, fantastic loss. Chuffed for you :) xx

Woohoo fab weight loss, well done you. Ive just got back from slimming world and I've now lost 2st 2lb since my op, which will be 8 weeks Saturday so very pleased. I've had a 2lb weight loss this week :)
When are you off on your hols? Have you been shopping for new clothes? Xx

How was your weigh in rinata?

Sm

Xx

Hello lovely people,

Hope all is well. Sorry I haven't been in touch over the last few days as we have builders come to sort out our conservatory and it's been extremely stressful to say the least!! The OLD me would've turned to food ESP chocolate for comfort under so much stress!!!!

Had my weigh in on Sunday and have lost 3lbs. Perhaps the dentist visit and going back to pureed has helped with that weight loss?!! I'm happy anyway!!! So that's now 2.6 stone since my Op 8 weeks ago. I am now the same weight as I was when I got married 11 years ago so I'm dead chuffed about that ( although I was still very big then too)!!!!

Went shopping for a swimming costume yesterday for my diving holiday and it's the first time I didn't have to go into Evans to get it. Managed to find my size in a sports shop and it was perfect to what I needed so that was an additional whammy. Went to buy a dress and thought I'd probably gone down 2 dress sizes... That was optimistic. Only managed to fit into ONE size smaller but I'm fine with that as I can still utilise my existing summer wardrobe and save my money for when I need much smaller sizes..... Exciting!!

KatD, congratulations on your weight loss last week. That's great!! We seem to be virtually neck and neck which is reassuring!

Tules, how are you getting on?

Have a lovely week everyone xx

Hey all,
Hope you are all fine. I was away for a week, hence the lack of communication from me.
Good to see you all steadily loosing the pounds. Me too. At this "honeymoon" stage, I think it is relatively easy. I still have not started getting my habits changed. I tried savoury biscuits, bread... can eat them all. Booo hoooo.
Good news...managed to fit into my size 16 jeans! A bit tight but you know that bit under belly button? I used to admire women who had that bit flat. The size 16's are tight admittedly... so I have it looking flat too!!! Although still have my muffin top he he

I was 98 kilos on the day of the operation, down to 83 now. I really don't feel this is my achievement, it is the operation. We need to get our heads to eating like this forever guys..let us do it!

Congrats on weight loss rinata. N congrats on size 16 jeans tules!!

Sm

Xx

Hi Rinata, with the work on conservatory, you must be loosing pounds and more pounds....
how are you getting on?
Sarah, amazing weight loss.Keep up the good work.

Hey all, Hope you are all fine. I was away for a week, hence the lack of communication from me. Good to see you all steadily loosing the pounds. Me too. At this "honeymoon" stage, I think it is relatively easy. I still have not started getting my habits changed. I tried savoury biscuits, bread... can eat them all. Booo hoooo. Good news...managed to fit into my size 16 jeans! A bit tight but you know that bit under belly button? I used to admire women who had that bit flat. The size 16's are tight admittedly... so I have it looking flat too!!! Although still have my muffin top he he I was 98 kilos on the day of the operation, down to 83 now. I really don't feel this is my achievement, it is the operation. We need to get our heads to eating like this forever guys..let us do it!

Hey Tules, good to hear from you. Have you been away somewhere nice? Glad to hear you can eat anything... But then again, you are a rebel!! Lol.

Well done on getting in size 16 jeans and getting to 83 kilos. Awesome!! Do you have a target in mind on what size you're going now? I'm sure those "tight" jeans will be dropping off you in a month!!!

Well done and great to hear from you xx

Hi Rinata,
I think the size 16's will be tight for a while yet! Weight loss is slowing down. I am not happy that I can eat everything.... was hoping to have reaction to bread, nuts.... you know they are my weaknesses.
Some days I seem to eat a lot (like today, clocked up over 1500 calories, but some days eat little.
How are you getting on sweetie?

Hi Rinata, I think the size 16's will be tight for a while yet! Weight loss is slowing down. I am not happy that I can eat everything.... was hoping to have reaction to bread, nuts.... you know they are my weaknesses. Some days I seem to eat a lot (like today, clocked up over 1500 calories, but some days eat little. How are you getting on sweetie?

Hey Tules,

I am losing the paper pounds a hellava lot quicker than the fat pounds with the conservatory. Shame I can't lose the fat pounds as fast!! I still haven't had any bread, pasta or rice.
Yes, I guess the fact that you can eat everything may be a bad thing. In which case maybe you can reduce the amount of bread or nuts you have??

Isn't 1500 calories normal? How are you in getting your protein in? (And I don't mean the nuts!!!)

My calorie intake is only about 400-500 very recently due to all my ongoing dental work. I've had to go back on pureed food so perhaps it's just as well?!!

Only TWO weeks left for my holiday!!! Woo hoo!!! I was hoping to have lost over 3 stone but I'm still happy with with 2.5 stone loss. The hardest part will be the All Inclusive food and drink which I will be very limited to. Hopefully I'll lose more weight on holiday as I'll be more active, eating less and hopefully sweating it all off!! Can't wait.

Keep up the good work and I reckon it'll be a very lose size 16 in about 3 weeks!!! Xx

Back