• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Sleever from London

Don't worry Kat, I might as well suck it up and follow my surgeon's advice. Let me know whether you liked that recipe or not!! Enjoy x

Thanks Tules.... How are you getting on?? It was your 3 week anniversary today, wasn't it???

It's 3 weeks for me tomorrow and I have a horrible feeling that I haven't lost any weight when I weigh myself tomorrow but I'm not going to get hung up about it... Even a stone spread over 3 weeks is an achievement for me!! Maybe it will help my weight loss once I'm on puréed.

All the best and keep us informed!! Xx

Hi Rinata,
Yes 3 weeks out... still early days I guess.
I weighed myself at boots today, was 98kilo to start with, down to 92 so one stone down. I think we are doing well with the loss. I am still seeing this as my recovery period and hope to loose weight after eating normal food.
Am missing eating nuts...my weakness. I did eat a pack the other night, chewed well but I must stop eating in front of tv habit...I must

And happy anniversary tomorrow, we came a long way.

Well done on your great weight loss Tules. That is an awesome result!! Not bad for 3 weeks work, is it??

Can't believe you've let the side down by chomping on a pack of nuts!!! What are you like hey???!!
Just be VERY careful with nuts (even well chewed ones) as your stomach is still very fragile and you don't want to choke or do any damage to your new, tender stomach right now.

Can't wait to hear what your weight loss is for next week!!

Good luck and keep off the nuts!! :) xx

Hi ladies! I'm also a sleever from London but a little further on than you guys. It'll be 19 weeks on Wednesday and have lost nearly 4 and a half stone. Had a slightly wobbly recovery but now am feeling fantastic, eating pretty much everything including a few treats, just in very small amounts. I'm averaging about 1100 calories a day, focusing on protein and fluid! Have been out for meals too! I hope you get to love your sleeves as much as I love mine and are getting the psychological support you need to make this journey easier.

Hi Kat,

I've lost another 2lbs on week 3 so that's 1.2stone. The good news is that I finally got to "pig out" with 3 puréed meals yesterday and really enjoyed it!! I've never enjoyed Weetabix so much in my life!!!

How are you getting on??

Hi Purplepippa,

That is an amazing achievement. You must post your photos for me... I'd love to see your transformation. How are you getting on now? Are you still very motivated or are you hitting any obstacles? Congratulations on your brilliant weight loss.. What is your target? Unfortunately, as a new member, I can't have access to other members' profiles!! My long term target is losing 7 stone!!!

Good luck to you both and you must keep me posted on your regular updates. Xx

Hi Rinata,
Glad to hear you are enjoying the puree stage. And great weight loss. Well done.

Purplepippa, you are an inspiration to us. Yes photos please.

Thanks ladies! I'm still a bit camera shy but I will try to post some before and after photos. I have to say that so far I have found this journey relatively easy and my losses have been fairly consistent. I have stuck close to the rules though have indulged in a few little treats when the mood takes me. I have had fantastic support from friends and family though and I think that has helped and I am still absolutely motivated - logging into my fitness pal every day, exercising at least 3 times a week, walking as much as possible etc. the weight loss is the motivation for me though and I worry that when that stops I will find it hard to maintain. But for now I'm loving it. Keep shopping and going down the sizes. Started at a size 22 and today I squeezed myself into a size 12 jeans in m&s! They looked bloody awful but I got the zip done up! I'm now, at 82kg a comfortable size 14 I think and still losing (started the preop diet at 110kg) but would probably be happy if it stopped now. My original target was 73kg as that's the weight I was the first time I went on a diet!

Where did everyone have their surgery? I was at the Whittington under Mr Sufi

Wow Purplepippa. That is so awesome for 19 weeks. I'm pleased that it's still really working for you.

You've inspired me even more now because my starting weight and size was exactly the same as yours when you started... If I can be a size 14 in that same time, I would be well made up!!! Don't worry, I'm not going to put that kind of pressure. I'm going on holiday end of May so if I can lose 2 stone by then, then that'll be a great start!

So how do you maintain the weight once you've reached your target? That must be hard especially when you've been used to losing weight!

I think you need to stop being camera shy and send the photos!!! You should be showing off with that kind of achievement!! :)

My Op was done at Kings College Hospital with Prof Patel ( sounds a bit like a game of Cleudo)

Well done xx

Well done Rinata, that's fab :) it's funny we are all a similar size, I'm a 22 and would love to get to a size 14! I also going on holiday at end of May and my aim is 2 stone before I go... Freaky!!

I've had a really stressful weekend, my 4 year old twins have Scarlett fever and one of my relatives passed away...what a week! All I have been craving is carbs carbs and carbs, I've really struggled with the head hunger :( I sucked a crisp and then payback was an upset tummy, I'll leave the details out!

I can so imagine how happy you were to have. 3 proper meals, I cannot wait for wheetabix too, oh and cheesy mash....nom nom nom.

Quick question can anyone see my details, like starting wright, consultant etc ? I answered the questions but like you I have limited access due to my limited number of posts.

Xx

Hi purplepippa, it's so lovely to hear from someone who has been there and done it. You have lost a fantastic amount of weight, it's great to hear that you can have a little treat and still have meals out. It's so encouraging when I'm in the early stages, there is light at the end of the tunnel :)

Xx

Hi All,

I am having a little break at work and am writing this.

KatD, truthfully, I found going back to work tough going. I am a tough cookie and usually get on with things but this operation did knocked me sideways. I was planning to go back within a week but luckily did change it to two weeks. I read somewhere that it takes 3 months to get better. I really can't wait to get to all fine stage. Picked up a flu from daughter too, feel bad to take another time off so close to the op so am dragging myself to work - slowly. I think also I am not really eating that well. That is the important part I think.
Having said that I am probably older than you so, probably normal to feel this way!

Rinata, I had broccoli cheese bake for lunch today. Scrambled eggs for breakfast. Will have fish in white sauce (all M&S) for dinner. I really do not have any energy to cook.

Upwards and onwards.... my jeans are falling off my ass! how good is that?

Hey Tules,

sorry to hear that you've had a set back going to work and that you're not well. It must be really tough having to juggle everything together. However, just keep thinking what you've achieved DESPITE everything that you've had to deal with so far.
With everything that you're going through right now, it's a good job that you've found food from M&S that you can have. You can't be expected to cook with the flu as well. You must eat properly as that will help you fight your flu as well.
How was the scrambled egg? I'm nervous about trying that so soon as runny scrambled eggs have always made me retch.
I've had mashed potato, cottage cheese and beans. I can't believe how much I enjoyed that even if I didn't have to chew it. The tastes still remain the same!!

That's incredible that your jeans are falling off already do soon!! Well done!! Keep going!! Xx

You were very brave to go back to work so soon. I've decided to take a much longer break as the tube station I get on in the mornings is already wedged in the rush hour and can't risk people crushing into my wounds. I also had very long days at work and would sometimes even used to forget to eat or even drink water so I thought I really need to be off work so I can sort out my surgery and recovery properly and give it my full focus!!

Hey KatD,

Sorry to hear that you've had a hectic week and your twins aren't well. It's even harder to deal with when you're on liquids and need to find the strength and stamina to deal with everything.

that really is freaky about our size and weight being the same!! AND you're going on holiday at the same time!! It'll be even more spooky if we were going to the same place!!! I'm off to Mexico.. Where are you going??

Hope you weren't violently ill when you sucked a crisp.... It really isn't worth putting yourself and your body through that so soon after surgery. Hope that I'll feeling didn't last long. Stick it out with the liquid stage... It'll make you appreciate the puréed stage a lot better!! I've never enjoyed Weetabix or cottage cheese as I do now!!!

We'll definitely have to be weekly diet buddy's as we're both heading for the same goals in the same time frame for our holidays. You'll have to give me a weekly update on your progress. Unfortunately being so new, I can't get access to people's profiles so I have no idea what your stats are!!

Tules and KatD, hope you both feel better soon xx

Hi Rinata,
Thank you. I am sure I will be fine next week, just moaning.

You are right to take more time off work. Having such low calorie food does make one tired. I did the Lighter Life diet (500 calories a day) and felt fantastic with it. I guess this is different since there is also the recovery from surgery going on.

I am going to leave work a bit early today and hit the bed.

Oh, eggs. I love them, luckily. Can get them in canteen, freshly cooked. Today I tried it with some beans - mashed them up a bit. I have to admit they are not puree. however I chew well. 5 grams of protein in each egg, so that's my excuse....
x

Thanks Tules, honesty is the best...hope your feeling better and that going to work gets easier. I start on Monday and feel pretty good, I only work 10 minutes from home and drive so hopefully that will be fine. I then sit in a office all day and shuffle paper according to my husband so I'm hoping I do ok!

Rinata,

Yeah, Let's do the weekly weigh ins, my second weigh in is on Saturday and it will be 2 weeks after surgery so keep you fingers crossed for a good one ;)

I'm off to my usual slimming world class tonight so it will be interesting to see what their scales say.

If only I was off to Mexico you lucky thing, we are off to ibizia..all inclusive.... Booked before I decided on the sleeve!
The kids had sausage casserole for tea last night and I've blitzed up a little portion for me for next week. How you finding mushy food?
Xx

Hi Tules,

How are you feeling now? Hope you're on the mend xx

Hey KatD,

I think your husband is right... Sounds like you have a really cushy job, shuffling paper all day!! It's great that you only commute for 10 mins and by car. I'm well jealous!!

We can start the weekly weigh ins this weekend. I'm sure you've done brilliantly when you find out on Saturday. Mine's on Sunday.

I've been tempted to start SW again after so long but I personally was worried about being a cheat but joining this forum, it seems like many people are still going or joining. Finger's crossed about tonight's weigh in.... Let me know how you get on. I'll keep everything crossed... Even my stitches!! Ha ha ha.

I'm really enjoying my puréed stage. I thought it would be disgusting pureeing everything esp baked beans, cottage cheese etc but luckily, because it still tastes like it's supposed to, I don't mind at all!! Plus being on liquids for THREE whole weeks certainly makes you appreciate proper food... Even if it is puréed!!

Don't knock Ibiza... I'm sure you'll have an amazing time and the kids will love it. I'm off to Mexico to hopefully go swimming with Whale sharks. Hence why I want to lose weight.... I certainly don't want to be mistaken for a whale shark myself!!!! Lol.

Good luck for tonight xx

Back