• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Newbie Sleever from London

Hi Rinata,
Well Mexico sounds very good. You will have a family gastric time.

KatD, Ibiza sounds lovely too. Enjoy the sunshine and the sea.
Sorry if I put you off going back to work. I just felt awful.yesterday but, today I am much...much better. Think I was not simply eating enough.
So you will be fine.

Wow swimming with whale sharks sounds fab, very adventurous!
Well I went to sliming world last night, 2 week weigh in as I missed last week and I am 12 1/2 lbs lighter woohoo! Hopefully by Saturday I can get my stone :)
I also confessed all to my leader as I felt a fraud. She said I am fine to come to group just can't take part in slimmer of the week/month which is fair enough.
I've also started on mush a couple of days early!! I've been feeling really good on liquids so thought I'd try some readybrek for tea . It was so lovely to be eating again. I only had a tiny portion but it went down well and no problems so far. How hard is it not to drink for 30 minutes after eating....that is going to take some getting used too.
Xx

Hey KatD,
great to read about your weight loss. Go girl.

with regards to eating bit solids, I am sure it is fine. Like you said, ensure the quantity is small. I have had food with bits in it whilst at puree stage.

In terms of 30 minute rule, my eyes are always on the clock to see when I can drink after eating.
I am going to be free of these horrid socks tomorrow - my poor legs will be happy to get some air in...

x

Hi KatD,

That is awesome news on your weight loss and that you can still go SW. Probably just as well you aren't allowed to participate with slimmer of the week/ month etc as I was thinking that you'd get the prize every week!!! Lol.
I reckon you should be able to to reach your 1 stone milestone over the weekend.... Keep u updated after your weigh in tomorrow!!

Yes, you do need to keep to the drinking rule. Like Tules, I'm also keeping an eye on the time now. I've now changed my times to 45 minutes both before and after meals after other people's feedback as it's more beneficial when we get to the real food stage.

My puréed food has really being puréed without any bits and so far it's been going well. My only meal that I didn't like was puréed fish pie. I love fish but as a "paste" was disgusting for me as I didn't like the texture. It was like eating wallpaper paste( not that I've ever eaten wallpaper paste!!!!).

Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow and have a lovely weekend. Xx

Ugh fish paste! Even the name lol

Yep SM, I suggest you try and steer clear of it.. Especially how you've been feeling!!! I hope that hasn't out me off fish forever!!! I'll be devastated if I can never have fish & chips ever again due to my fish paste episode!!! Lol xx
Hope you're feeling much better.

Have a lovely weekend and hope you've started your journal?! Xx

Oh fish purée sounds awful :( I've never been a fan of fish and I'm not going to start now!! How you doing on portion size.... I'm terrified of over eating and stretching my pouch. I looked on utube last night for some examples and it didn't really help much.
I'm also only having 2 puréed meals a day so I can gradually build up, think I'm going to struggle getting the required liquid down.
Well the goods news is I've lost 1 stone since the date of my op - happy lady :)
Good look tomorrow, let me know how you get on.
Have a lovely weekend. X

Yes KatD, puréed fish was awful. As you don't like fish anyway, stay well away then!! But I think it's like that with the other ready meals I've done. I've tried the Quorn cottage pie, which I've loved pre-op but now it just feels slimey!!!
I'm managing my portion size much better now thanks to some ideas from some of our senior members. I was told to stick to 100-150 grams per portion.... The size of a small yoghurt pot, ramekin etc. I've been using a danio pot to measure it. It's working out much better than guesstimating the portion size. Why are you only having only 2 meals? What are you having as your 3rd meal? My diet sheet from the hospital says you should stick to 3 meals even if you don't feel hungry!!
Don't worry about your pouch stretching if you stick to the potion sizes. Your stomach will tell you. I start to have air bubbles and gurgling to tell me I'm done!

Congratulations and well done on your weight loss. Great result on your weigh in. I'll let you tomorrow when I've done mine!!

Enjoy your weekend and hope you can manage your 3rd meal. Xx

Yuck, all this talk of pureed fish paste is making me feel quite queasy ;) :)

You're doing well ladies, brilliant to read. Keep it up! I've got my bypass in 2 weeks. I'll definitely be avoiding pureed fish...... :)

Sorry BFB!! I guess I won't be an ambassador for the Fish Council now!!

That's great you have your bypass coming up. How are you feeling and where are you having it done? Good luck with it and keep us posted!!

Ps... What does BFB stand for?? I reckon it's BIG, FRIENDLY & BEAUTIFUL!!! Xx

Sorry BFB!! I guess I won't be an ambassador for the Fish Council now!!

That's great you have your bypass coming up. How are you feeling and where are you having it done? Good luck with it and keep us posted!!

Ps... What does BFB stand for?? I reckon it's BIG, FRIENDLY & BEAUTIFUL!!! Xx

Haha don't CARP on about fish anymore, for COD's HAKE. Lol. ;D :)

Yep, I can't wait now. I feel great on the LSD and I'm excited about the op (scared too) and my future. I'm having it done in Shrewsbury. I've started a diary but it's more of a ramble! Haha.

Ah you're so sweet. :) You got the first word right........it's Big Fat Bird. But in a year or two it might mean Beautiful Foxy Babe!!! Snort!!!!! :D xx

Hi BFB, good luck with the op. It's such a weird time pre- op, I was excited and totally terrified at the same time!

Rinata, I managed 3 meals yesterday and I'm on track for 3 today too! Thanks for the yoghurt pot tip it's a really useful way to check the portion size.

Good luck on your weigh in :) xx

Hi BFB,

Enough of the fishy jokes, looks like you put so much effort and SOLE into your reply.... But Know your PLAICE woman!!! Ha ha ha.
Glad you've started a diary or a rant book... It'll be interesting to see how many rants you have post op!!!! Perhaps you should have a swear box too... That could fund your new wardrobe when you turn into Beautiful, Foxy Babe!!! lol

Hey KatD,

Well done on managing your 3 meals yesterday and glad you're on track for today!!

I'm running out of ideas for my purées now.... Any suggestions??

On the positive side I've lost 1.5 stones 3 weeks post op!!!! Seems like I'm losing it from my bust!! NO!!!!! Otherwise I'm going to look like a bloke with a beer belly and long hair if this carries on!!!!

Anyway, have a great week ahead y'all xxx

Pmsl at your fish jokes :)
Well done on your loss that's fab, think your holiday target needs to be increased, your going to breeze 2 stone by the end of May!!

As to purée meals.....I'm not the best cook in the world and I'm quite limited in my tastes but so far I've done sausage casserole, roast chicken dinner and cottage pie. Just had mashed up jacket potato for lunch with cheese which was yummy. I was thinking of blending up lasagne but not sure about the pasta. Have you tried spag Bol blended up? I going to dig out one of my baby books that has recipes for purée meals that might have some good recipes.
Have a good week :) xx

Well KatD, I think we may have NETTED all the fish jokes!! I'll try and not make any more!!

Well if you come up with any purée recipes from your baby book, that'll be great!
I blitzed a Quorn cottage pie and although I ate it for my protein intake, I didn't enjoy it - just like the fish pie, I don't think Ready meals were designed to be puréed. I don't eat red meat so spag Bol etc is off limits. I've seen that Iceland has started stocking SW frozen dishes so I'll try the chicken dishes.
I'll try and stay off the pasta dishes as that's more carbs than protein. ( I was told to stay off pasta for the 1st few weeks anyway).

I've just had a really lovely Apple pie and custard!!! Yum!!! ..... Ok, I'll let you into a secret... It's home made stewed Apple & cinnamon with a little sweetener and low fat custard... But I pretended it was Apple pie!!

Have a good week xx

Hi BFB, good luck with the op. It's such a weird time pre- op, I was excited and totally terrified at the same time!

Rinata, I managed 3 meals yesterday and I'm on track for 3 today too! Thanks for the yoghurt pot tip it's a really useful way to check the portion size.

Good luck on your weigh in :) xx

Thanks Kat. Definitely a weird feeling, excited and terrified. Looking forward to the op being out of the way. Hope you're getting on ok :)

Hi BFB,

Enough of the fishy jokes, looks like you put so much effort and SOLE into your reply.... But Know your PLAICE woman!!! Ha ha ha.
Glad you've started a diary or a rant book... It'll be interesting to see how many rants you have post op!!!! Perhaps you should have a swear box too... That could fund your new wardrobe when you turn into Beautiful, Foxy Babe!!! lol

Hey KatD,

Well done on managing your 3 meals yesterday and glad you're on track for today!!

I'm running out of ideas for my purées now.... Any suggestions??

On the positive side I've lost 1.5 stones 3 weeks post op!!!! Seems like I'm losing it from my bust!! NO!!!!! Otherwise I'm going to look like a bloke with a beer belly and long hair if this carries on!!!!

Anyway, have a great week ahead y'all xxx

Ok, ok, no more fishy jokes. I'm SKATE-ing on thin ice! Last one!!! Haha I'd fill a swear box in hours, I'd have to P(R)AWN some stuff to get some money. Ok, I'll get me coat......... :) :)

Well BFB, you really have been TRAWLING for more fish jokes!!! Didn't think it was possible but you managed it. Well done!! ( and I bet you've gone all KOI now??? On a SCALE of 1 to 10, you get a 10!!!! Ha ha ha.

How are you getting on apart from the fishy jokes??

Have a good week xxx

Well BFB, you really have been TRAWLING for more fish jokes!!! Didn't think it was possible but you managed it. Well done!! ( and I bet you've gone all KOI now??? On a SCALE of 1 to 10, you get a 10!!!! Ha ha ha.

How are you getting on apart from the fishy jokes??

Have a good week xxx

Haha brilliant. All these fish jokes have taken my mind off pureed fish!!

I'm on day 9 of my LSD and it's all going well so far. I lost 11lbs when I weighed in on Saturday so on track. Got my pre-op tomorrow so fingers crossed I've done enough! My op is 2 weeks today :)

How are you getting on?

Have a good week too :) xxx

Very true BFB! Laughing at so many fishy jokes has made me forget now horrible my meal was so "TANKS" so much!!! (sorry, couldn't resist that)!!

Well done on your LSD diet. That's a great result. This is only the beginning of your great weight loss. Your 2 weeks will go by so quickly. Mine was a blur now. Try and get everything done beforehand. I didn't have a proper diet sheet before my Op, so I only stocked up on cuppa soup. It's only when I got home that I realised I needed so much more such as juices, protein shakes, multivitamins etc etc.

I wasn't given a pre op diet but your 11lbs is a fantastic result!!! I've lost 1 and a half stone in 3 weeks so I'm grateful for that!

Keep up the good work and keep us posted!!! Don't worry about the surgery. It will be over before you know it!!!

Xxx

Back