• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NEWLY POST OP - LETS SEE WHAT YOUR MANAGING.....

Omg I just made a fish pie. Sooo amazing to have real flavours and a little bit of texture!! Obviously made it really sloppy, but still. I have been looking forward to that all day and I did it justice!!! Was scared of the fish so only had about a desert spoon worth in the end, but the rest felt relatively safe. Definitely feeling properly satisfied this evening! ☺️

I bought some turkey chunks ? Not minced but diced , dunno what to call it really lol !
Anyhoooo .. I mixed it all up with a colmans sweet chilli powder pack and packed it tight into a loaf tin and roasted it ..
It was so good ! Full of flavour and more moist than I thought it was going to be .. Turkey can be so dry ..
Lovely cold with some salad items . Tonight I had some on ryevita spread with houmous .. Yum !

EEEEP, purees can start tommorrow! Will work up to them and still use shakes to start with but will prob try the following over the next few days; some runny ready brek porridge with protein powder; yoghurt; got my pureed chilli, mash and veg all frozen in separate ice cube trays ready to go; will prob mash a banana at some point; looking forward to whizzing up some beans and will even try whipping up an egg; I have more veg and potato frozen than chilli, so will have those veg and potato portions with the beans or egg to balance protein, veg and starch.
My mouth is literally watering at potential real food.
I made a chickpea, chorizo and tomato soup this eve, such a shame to strain it. Might puree that tommorrow :) :eatdrink051::eat::eatdrink023:

Omg I just made a fish pie. Sooo amazing to have real flavours and a little bit of texture!! Obviously made it really sloppy, but still. I have been looking forward to that all day and I did it justice!!! Was scared of the fish so only had about a desert spoon worth in the end, but the rest felt relatively safe. Definitely feeling properly satisfied this evening! ☺️

Me too!! What's funny is I hated fish before but it was yummy :)

Whoop puree day! I still had a shake and my soup (more a drink than meal) so had an ovaltine too but also did three mini meals ...
1/2 banana, bit of oj to hopefully stop it browning - it still went Brown... and 2 teaspoon protein powder, slid down easily - about 15 flat teaspoons, didn't feel full but that's ok, still aiming to eat every couple of hours.
Next I had egg, veg and potato - about 8 tsp egg, 6 tsp puree veg and 4 tsp puree potato. Funny cos though ice cube trays for veg and potato is the same size, just the texture differs once microwaved.
This evening the long awaited Mince and bean v mild chilli (4tsp), veg (6tsp) and potato (4tsp).
Not a bad start... working up to meals of about 5-6 tablespoons/100g??...
So three teaspoons to a tablespoon means I got about 4 tablespoons each of my 2 meals. Not a bad start.

Attachments

• 20160929_193053.jpg
    20160929_193053.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 18
Oh and been told to have three separate elements of meals about same size and eat protein first, then veg, then starch... looks cute but a lot of washing up for a tiny meal haha :)

Looks, erm....yummy?

Well done on managing what you did. My stage two info says aim for teo to three tablespoons, I think I'm there with the two :D

Didn't have a good day today though. I think I'm very sensitive to sugar (fruit) now. Egg for breakfast - all good but then I had an Inncoent easy greens smoothie while I was out and I felt very warm and a bit dizzy whilst drinking it. The ingredients were:

Apple (79%), Cucumber (10%), Celery (5%), Spinach (5%), Ginger, Lime and a Dash of Antioxidant: Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C)

The same thing happened later while I was doing some housework and sipping on a Ufit protein shake, which contains 10 grams of carbs/sugars but from the milk and fruit? I had to have a lie down after rushing to the toilet ....... :sick0019:

This is going to sound like a strange question, but is there anything wrong with eating baby food? It's pureed, no added salt, and small portions.

I made a very soft banana 'loaf' with about ten over ripe bananas, egg and flour and a little sugar - mainly to use up the bananas. I'm clearly not yet adjusting my shopping habits to my new eating habit but I hate waste.

I tentatively took a v small slice of banana loaf for lunch and it was just gorgeous and easy to eat as it was very soft and spongey.

Didn't take much to fill me up but the energy from the bananas was good and I felt fine so a small success even if it's a bit earlier than I thought for 'solid' food.

@Stuebydoo - I asked about baby food prior to surgery and was told not to. Something about nothing to give you energy in baby food and then a commentary on how expensive it was compared to doing your own so that may have been a personal opinion rather than medical. She had me at 'expensive ' .

I was told a similar reason for avoiding baby food too @Rose2016 and I had wondered if baby food might work for the same reasons you mention @Stuebydoo :) I was a bit disappointed because when I was weaning my children I loved sunshine banana breakfast pudding :) there was also a baby food diet doing the rounds a few years ago but basically a 9month old baby doesn't have the same nutritional or energy requirements as a grown adult plus this isn't a diet it's a lifestyle so I guess the sooner we adapt to it the better :)

How many eggs and how much flour and sugar did you use @Rose2016 ? I'm wondering if I can try something similar with gluten free flour and a bit of stevia. I'm always looking for easily transportable food to take with me and I lot of protein bars seem very sugary.

This is going to sound like a strange question, but is there anything wrong with eating baby food? It's pureed, no added salt, and small portions.
I queried this with my dietician and she said it doesn't have enough protein in it. I had found the little organic pouches which I thought would be ideal, but they are mostly veg. Protein has to be the main part of the meal

Anyone got ideas to flavour porridge with please that are not sugary (or salt)? I have tried cinnamon which was ok, but it is getting boring now...

I've not tried them but I think stevia liquid sweetener drops work for a lot of people. They are calorie free apparently but a bit on the expensive side. People use them to flavour shakes so I don't see why say a strawberry one wouldn't work in porridge. I do have mine plain though or occasionally with cinnamon as it's meant to be good for keeping your blood sugar levels stable.
I guess a little fresh pureed fruit might be nice?

@FeeBee - made up recipe but was ten bananas (going brown rapidly), six eggs (protein!), 400 g self raising flour, 250g low cal sugar, cinnamon. This made two really big loaves, six large muffins and twelve small muffins. Still going strong.

Tonight I'm going to make those mini quiches with spinach and snips of bacon.

A good side benefit is how much money we are saving on shopping

I bought a one egg pan and make omelette with it. It's sooooo cute and once I've added onion/pepper mushrooms etc I'm stuffed! Love my little pan, it's fab!

I'm very impressed with all the food ideas above.

I've been eating a lot of mushy peas, but mushing them a bit more myself. I've always liked them, but with a nice chicken pie and chips and not a couple of spoonfuls of mash. But, those peas and mash are hitting the spot.

Back