• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NHS Tummy Tuck Diary (Pics Included)

I don't think so - what's a keel repair?

sometimes the stomach muscles separate down the middle, mine had so i had them stitched together too, that was the worst thing about my tummy tuck, made it unconfortable lol

oh right - no i didn't have that just had the spare skin chopped off

Hi lisaloo1, just read that you had a keel repair, I too am having one of these. I did not know that it was called this, the surgeon just said that he was going to stitch me right up the middle to give me a 6 pack effect. I can't wait as my op is on Saturday. i am having my boobs put back too. Why was the keel the ubcomfortable part? Tell me more thanks.

I didn't know it was called keel repair either. I had this procedure done too during my tuck and after it was done one of my PS surgeon's referred to it as rectoplication or something like that. I googled it but couldn't find much about it.

I have to agree about the discomfort. My upper ab area was a lot more tender and more sore than the tuck wound itself.

OMG just looked at your album, what a difference it looks fantastic. The incision mark is slightly different to what I thought it would be... but you look fab..

Love

OMG just looked at your album, what a difference it looks fantastic. The incision mark is slightly different to what I thought it would be... but you look fab..

Love

Ahhh thanks hun! Yes I seem to be the only one around here with a w shaped incision (my son calls it an anchor)! :D

I don't know whether different surgeons have different preferences based on their experiences or if this method was decided upon because of how much skin I had and how it hung.

It's going to change in a few months time though when he does the side bits for me.

Stay tuned!
xx

would love to look at your photos please poppy as I am sure to need a TT when I have lost my weight

just had a look poppy. apart from the scar, you would never know that you had lost all that weight.

Congratulations on your amazing success.

just had a look poppy. apart from the scar, you would never know that you had lost all that weight.

Congratulations on your amazing success.

Thanks so much hun! I can't believe it myself at times when I look in the mirror. Even when I'm hanging out at home in my passion-killing jogging bottoms that my belly used to always find a way of dropping over the top. But especially when I've made an effort and I'm all dressed up to go out. I love figure-hugging pencil skirts and since my op I've bought 5!!! It's changed my life it really has.

:D

xx

Hi Poppy, wd really like to see your photos. I would love to have a tt when I have lost my weight.

Thanks Mandy x

Everyone is getting me a little worried now about this discomfort thing with the keel repair thingy. I have a physical and demanding job and I have 3 weeks off thats it I hope it is long enough!! as that is all I can have.

Everyone is getting me a little worried now about this discomfort thing with the keel repair thingy. I have a physical and demanding job and I have 3 weeks off thats it I hope it is long enough!! as that is all I can have.

Nikki don't worry hun. If you read back through the thread to when I first came out of hospital, you will see that my experience of the recovery process wasn't as bad as I'd expected. I was feeling great after 3 weeks.

What I mean about the ab repair is that if I hadn't had it done, the recovery would've been even easier than it was. I suffered discomfort but not excruciating pain. It was nowhere near on the same scale as my two c-sections.

It just feels uncomfortable when getting into the right position in bed for a few days. It soon passes.

You'll be fine! Honest! :)
xx

Tina and Mandy - no probs. Just adding you now. Tina - you will need to have made 50 posts to be able to view though. Just the forum rules.
xx

Thanx poppypoo I needed the reasurrance. One more question should I be expecting this skirt of fat to weigh a stone ( I wish) or a couple of pounds?

H Poppy, hope you are well, I have been put on the waiting list today so am only weeks away from my op. Reading your story describes my own feelings about my big baggy belly but nearly there after 8st lost. It has taken me two years to get here but now the pct will pay--yippee!! will try and look for your pictures. julie

Hi Poppy. Can't view your pics as I'm too new :( But congrats on loosing the weight and getting the op!
I'm hoping to get a breast reduction on the NHS, but would LOVE a tummy tuck too. I had my daughter 14 months ago, and even at 15 stone and a size 18/20 on the bottom half, I have overhang. I'm really self concious about it. But I know it's not bad enough to warrent anything on NHS. Maybe I can save up for it if the NHS will allow my breast reduction!
Keep up the good work :D

Stacey

Back