• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

No funding for me :(

Sorry Caren , I misread your post. Ok then GP needs to work out a way of getting you an appeal process going. I will keep everything crossed for you love xx

Sorry Caren , I misread your post. Ok then GP needs to work out a way of getting you an appeal process going. I will keep everything crossed for you love xx
thank you xxx

Big hug Caren, I wish i had magic wand as know how much you want this and have waited so long, dont give up, just see what he says xxxxx

im so sorry caren hugs hope you can get it sorted xxx

Thanks everyone, i'm not going to hold my breath xxx

Even with your doc putting them straight, fact is (I'm guessing) if you don't meet criteria then it's a no go. It will destroy you more getting your hopes built up to be dashed again so great that you're thinking wisely. are you far off getting your bmi up high enough to not need the co morbidities? such a shame when you're here day in day out sharing everyone else's journeys....almost like a slap in the face :( xx

Even with your doc putting them straight, fact is (I'm guessing) if you don't meet criteria then it's a no go. It will destroy you more getting your hopes built up to be dashed again so great that you're thinking wisely. are you far off getting your bmi up high enough to not need the co morbidities? such a shame when you're here day in day out sharing everyone else's journeys....almost like a slap in the face :( xx
Thanks Jo, you're right, its a no go, and there isnt a criteria with no co morbs xxx

Just ((((((((HUGS)))))))) sweetie, i totally get how you feel, as you know as i am in the same boat, sigh:sigh::sigh: xx
dont it suck? not sure i can take much more of all this emotion

So sorry to see you have been turned down again Caren, I know how much you long for this operation. It must be heartbreaking seeing all of these other people getting the go ahead and you are always here to support all of us. I hope you don't have to give up and will get there eventually. XXXX

Gosh Caren, so sorry to hear the bad news. Appeal if you can, or as you say, see if your GP can write a letter to support your application. They may be strict with their criteria, but you can be persistant!!!
Good Luck with your journey....

(Can I ask, is there a BMI threshold with your PCT, or is this irrelevant as co-mobs must be diagnosed?)
SN

Caren said:
hello everyone, I managed to get hold of the pct today and she said that my funding has been declined as my doctor has not stated that my sleep apnoea is severe, and he hasnt said that ive done 6 months weight management. Well i'm going to see my doc to see what we can do, but my sleep apnoea is mild :cry:

That's so bad sorry to hear love. Don't give up...c ur doc ASAP. X

dont it suck? not sure i can take much more of all this emotion

Yes, it totally sucks. I saw you mention in another thread about how emotional it is, and whether you should give up on the idea all together. I am feeling like this too. I know i talk about going abroad for surgery, but in reality, i REALLY cant afford it. I am scared stiff of getting myself in a mess financially (single mum of 2, huge mortgage, one child to go to uni in 2 years time etc etc), and question whether i am being silly by even considering surgery abroad. I so wish i could stick to an ordinary diet:cry::cry::sigh::sigh::sigh: xxx

Yes, it totally sucks. I saw you mention in another thread about how emotional it is, and whether you should give up on the idea all together. I am feeling like this too. I know i talk about going abroad for surgery, but in reality, i REALLY cant afford it. I am scared stiff of getting myself in a mess financially (single mum of 2, huge mortgage, one child to go to uni in 2 years time etc etc), and question whether i am being silly by even considering surgery abroad. I so wish i could stick to an ordinary diet:cry::cry::sigh::sigh::sigh: xxx
yeah ive thought of the abroad route, i dunno, maybe i'll just eat myself to death lol :17729:

Oh Caren hunni , I'm devastated for you , bloody pct playing the game they want , makes me angry xx

For goodness sake, whats wrong with these people, keep the faith and fight fight fight. You will get there in the end, cry, shout, stamp and never ever give in. Baby steps to your goal. Good luck and keep going

Back