• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Now at 7.5ml in a 10ml band

mummykcb

Wishing the time away to get to next stage

I feel i'm wishing weeks away at a time so i can have some normality back in my life. I'm sick of being sick and not getting back to normal. I'm 9 days post op and having to exist on juices, smoothies and the odd slimfast or soups as i cant have these to often as i'm milk intolerant. I've been on liquids for 23 days and feel constantly hungry,tired and miserable. Only 5 more days til i can eat scrambled eggs mmmmmm.

Hi there I know what you are going through I felt like I was on liquid forever three weeks befor my op and two after, but just hang in there it really is worth it xxx

Oh i know its worth it, mainly to be able to respect myself again, help my health issues and hopefully not need Rubie(my mobility scooter) anymore.

I feel i'm wishing weeks away at a time so i can have some normality back in my life. I'm sick of being sick and not getting back to normal. I'm 9 days post op and having to exist on juices, smoothies and the odd slimfast or soups as i cant have these to often as i'm milk intolerant. I've been on liquids for 23 days and feel constantly hungry,tired and miserable. Only 5 more days til i can eat scrambled eggs mmmmmm.

look at you 3 weeks and nearly 2 stone down well done

it does seem a long time while you're waiting. . . .I was the same .. .altho saying that, even tho Im now on the food stage, I find that I actually have more liquid/yoghurt thing even by choice.

No choice from tomorrow cos I get my first fill and its back to liquids for 3 days, then mash for 3 days lol

it does seem a long time while you're waiting. . . .I was the same .. .altho saying that, even tho Im now on the food stage, I find that I actually have more liquid/yoghurt thing even by choice.

No choice from tomorrow cos I get my first fill and its back to liquids for 3 days, then mash for 3 days lol

I thought it was a day for each, is it different for each provider as my friend went through Spire and hers is a day of each. And someone recently posted that her dietitian from THG had changed it to 1 of each.

My Journey to thinness

Well its now been just over 3 weeks since i had my surgery and what a journey its been. Suspected blood clot in the lungs, confirmed collapsed lung, and flu. But on the plus side almost all my Palindromic Rheumatism/ Fibromyalgia symptoms seem to have subsided which could mean i'm finally having a remission :bliss: I'm finding it difficult to find mush food that i like which is hard. only 4 days til back on solids and i cant wait. No wonder babies spit out mush food, i dont blame them.

well done KCB it can only be all weight loss down hill for you xxx

So glad your feeling better and even better that your arthritis and FM has eased off - hope I get the same results x hoping you have a much easier journey from now on mummykcb x

misselvis said:
hello kcb
hope you will feel better soon
keep us posted on how your are

kay xx

Kay have you started your pre op? How's it going?

Paula x

less than a week until i have my band fill. Getting nervous about it but know i need it as i feel hungry all the time atm. Even drinking loads isnt helping. Its driving me crazy.

on holiday and finding it hard.

I'm in Cornwall and finding it really difficult to eat the right thing arm. Any ideas for early stages as neat replace.ent would be gratefully received.

Are you in a hotel, b & b, with family, camping, caravanning?

Maybe find a local supermarket. Packets of ham/cooked chicken. Hummus. Melba toast. Yoghurts. Milk - lots of it!

Good luck & keep away from the yummy clotted cream :eek:

Skinny latte, protein bars from chemists - very filling and quite nice (thanks fluttery tried the dark orange and god I love it - I get my chocolate hit without needing any more)

I was self catering, but finding it hard to live without meat as due to having milk intolerance i find it hard to eliminate another food group as well as dairy. Have been back on plan today and due to having too much milk i have had stomach cramps and diarrhea too. I'm struggling but dietitian no help whatsoever.

mummykcb said:
I was self catering, but finding it hard to live without meat as due to having milk intolerance i find it hard to eliminate another food group as well as dairy. Have been back on plan today and due to having too much milk i have had stomach cramps and diarrhea too. I'm struggling but dietitian no help whatsoever.

Blimey poor you, hope you get sorted soon x

If you can tolerate soya products, then the local health food store will have a wide selection of non-dairy ready-to-drink shakes, shake powder, yoghourts, cheese etc as well as yummy low carb, no sugar, high protein meal bars.

I hope you find something suitable and yummy x

Am feeling really good as i now am wearing size 22 jeans and around an 18 top. I'm also getting close to having a towel fit around me so feeling a little better about myself.

Back