• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Now at 7.5ml in a 10ml band

Hope you are feeling better now :)

I'm on holiday as well now and am on liquids! Thank heavens for the little local shops that sell milk.

Hope you're feeling better mummykcb, it's rough being away when you're not well.

mummykcb said:
Am feeling really good as i now am wearing size 22 jeans and around an 18 top. I'm also getting close to having a towel fit around me so feeling a little better about myself.

Well done mummykcb x

Almost 3 months in and DISASTER

I'm struggling so much to lose any weight atm. Its hard as i'm still not feeling any restriction even with 7ml in my band. So frustrating and havent lost weight for almost 6 weeks. Really stuck with what to eat.:cry:

I was the same. Now have 8.5 in my band and starting to work! Get a other fill and weight will start to move

They told me not to book another appointment and that i should be at my sweet spot now, but i'm soooo not. I only had my op just under 11 weeks ago and i have my last dietitian appointment next week and by the sonds of it that it. What a wonderful 2 years aftercare that is.

Really sorry to hear of your difficulties. You seem to have hit a mini 'brick wall' - why not ask to speak to someone higher-up than the one who told you not to make another appointment? That's what I'd do. I would also email or ring (both, probably) the Hospital or Clinic Manager, and nicely but firmly explain my situation and how unhappy I was with the aftercare I'd received so far.

Good luck, and keep posting to let us know how you get on x

They dont seem to answer phone calls or emails as far as its seemed so far. I ended up with a collapsed lung after the surgery and they said it was 'just one of those things' but when i told them at the hospital i was struggling to breathe straight after the surgery that it was perfectly normal. I didnt get treatment for it until 4 days after as i was told it was normal but my close friend spoke to her bariatric nurse who told her to tell me to get seen ASAP as it wasnt normal. I wouldnt recommend my provider for the experience i've had with them.

Oh, dear Lord, how awful. I don't know who your provider is but you have been treated disgracefully.

I advise complaining to the Hospital or Clinic Manager, personally, by name. The switchboard operator should tell you. If not it should come up when you google that particular hospital. Talk to the PALS team as a matter of urgency. Call and/or email the Care Quality Commission:

Care Quality Commission | Homepage

They have clout and they may be able to intervene on your behalf to get things moving - quickly - to your benefit. Don't hold back when you list your problems - be honest about all that you have been through, and about how this poor treatment has made you feel.

You could also telephone your local Health Authority and ask for their help. All the best, and keep posting x

It was a private provider and the hospital part was ok, but aftercare has been crap to be honest. Have gone through the hospital manager who told the surgeon to see me but his associate said it wasnt necessary for him to see me face to face as theres nothing he can do to change what happened so recommended a telephone call but that was 9 days ago. I've learnt to not hold my breath when it comes to having appointments cancelled, waiting for phone calls etc.

Surgeons, doctors, etc are held accountable for their treatment of patients; such treatment is overseen and regulated by Ethics Committees, which require surgeons to fulfil their legal and ethical duties and responsibilities to all patients - NHS or private.

You need to find-out the contact details of your local Ethics Committee, and take it from there. Leave no stone unturned! Poor aftercare is all too common - patients deserve better x

and still not feeling any kind of restriction. WTH. Surely i should be feeling some sort of restriction or feeling of fullness by now but nothing, nada. Really shocked but annoyed too.

When did you have your last fill mummykeb

2 days ago. back on solids and ate the same amount as previous fill and still didnt feel any fullness or even stopping hunger.

Everyone is different, you might need another fill.

Also, its difficult to advise without knowing what you are eating.

Give it a little longer ... Sometimes restriction varies during the month, so a couple of days is maybe too early to be 100% sure. Do you fill out a food diary to share? X

This evening i had 2 veggie sausages 2 eggs and 2 slices of bacon (all fat trimmed) and 2 tbsp baked beans. Still felt hungry afterwards.

Also, did you realise you started a new diary with this thread?

Do you want me to merge this with your diary or move it to the main banders section? x

i purposely started a new thread as my diary isnt as good as i hoped.

Back