• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Now at 7.5ml in a 10ml band

How about trying to have half of your plate veg / salad. Takes longer to crunch and eat and I find this helps to fill me more.

The meals where I don't do this I definitely eat more x

hiya hun,each bander is different,some have their bands near enough filled right up to feel restriction,some dont..personally i want test ur band with crunch foods such as salad etc xx

would test*

I'm going to test it with crunchier foods tonight as i really fancy crackerbread with vegemite

i find a real difference if I really focus on drier and crunchier foods and make conscious decisions with every meal to see how I can make it crunchier, with eggs make it as an omelette maybe with chicken or ham in for protein, but it takes more and longer to go down,hence more filling for longer than poached or boiled, fried or even scrambled.

Also try to take out foods in sauce, the sauce on the baked beans make them a slider food.

Stir fries are great, servings of crunchy veg - great with chicken or prawns for protein too. It is the protein foods that keep us feeling fuller for longer, and it helps to speed metabolism too.

I also am finding that after a fill it kicks starts my hunger levels. I had one last Friday and this week my hunger has gone thro the roof again, but trying to get on drier and crunchier foods I do find is key.

John west tuna light lunches can be a crunchy snack/ lunch especially the one with water chestnuts, ryvita, or even a tin of tuna with some chilli sauce or light mayo can be good (just little bit tho, the drier the better) good protein source, low cal, but can be good at lunchtime.

Avoid soups, gravies or sauces, things such as casseroles as they slide again, but anothe thing I find is that green veg, such as green beans, broccoli and asparagus (if you can manage that as its quite fibrous) also help keep the hunger off for longer.

Do you drink near to eating either side? As that can make a difference too . . .

and still not feeling any kind of restriction. WTH. Surely i should be feeling some sort of restriction or feeling of fullness by now but nothing, nada. Really shocked but annoyed too.

Hi,,mummykcb I'm totally with you on this one,,,I've got 6 .05 in 10 mil band. 3 half. Months in......lost 2 ang half stone up to now,,,,had a 1/2 mil fil on Friday? I've stuck since Christmas. And my hunger is back with a vengeance,,,,,,,,,not shure what to do with myself. . Anybody any ideas ?.....thanks girls rubyred15

Ruby what types of food are you eating? how much are you eating, are you drinking/eating/exercising enough? Is it head hunger or real hunger? What does your dietician say? It's difficult for anyone to give you specific guidance without more information x

Thank you flutterby,,I've gone back to basics,,,,,,Musli. Breakfast. Cuppa soup lunch Any fish for tea. Horlicks bedtime....fruit in between for snack? I've started moving again? I must admit I still feel hungry,,,,,,my next fill 2nd feb,,,,,so hope that will help me further ? Thank you for your help x

Hi Ruby . . .good to hear that its moving again, sometimes going back to basics is good, the crunchier and drier food the better. If you feel hungry, bake some plain chicken breasts (I use asda cheap frozen ones) but cut them up, low cals, low fat, great source of protein and great for a snack along with fruit too.

Another thing I have as lunch is a John West Tuna Light lunch, crunchy, filling and good protein. Soups etc will go down easily and as such, you may find they don't stop you feeling hungry for very long. Something such as ryvita with soft cheese (I use quark as its fat free) or melba toasts with ham or tuna are crunchier and may help to keep you fuller for longer too :)

plus lots of water . . .I find if the hunger is with me (which it is big time right now after my fill 2 weeks ago) that I always hit 500-1000mls of water, it fills me up too and enables me to work out whether Im genuinely hungry or in fact thirsty . . .

Keep it up :)

Thanks top Kat,,yes I've jotted all that down? Didn't you get my message the otherday? Your photoes are great,,,,,,what a difference! You look fantastic! Keep up the good work! Well get there !!!!!!!!thanks again

Like top kat I also rely quite heavily on the asda frozen chicken breasts. They are individual, cook from frozen and are really moist. Perfect protein source and can be flavoured in lots of ways with herbs/spices/sauces ... Yum

I have a fill tomorrow as i'm still not feeling any restriction and very hungry all the time. I have also recently become vegetarian for ethical reasons, but finding it difficult to find enough protein. Any ideas.

I have also recently become vegetarian for ethical reasons, but finding it difficult to find enough protein. Any ideas.

I'm not a vegetarian, so haven't had the issue of protein intake longer term - all I can say is in the first few weeks post op I was v.worried that I wasn't going to get enough protein in me, especially during the recovery stage, so took a "protein shot" each day for the first 24 days (e.g. MET-Rx Super Whey Protein Shots).

On average these give you (as you prob know already) 26 / 27 grams of protein a day in less than 90ml of liquid. Down side is they are not cheap.

Others make up whey protein drinks, which works out cheaper than these shots.

I've also heard of people getting some supplement protein powder that they sprinkle on their food.

All not great options on the food front, but would prob help boost what good food protein choices you already make.

Mummy, what are you cutting out of your diet? Just meat / fish? Can you still eat dairy? Eggs/cheese etc?

Still eat dairy and eggs, just no animal flesh.

Will try to look out a fab cheese and lentil loaf recipe from weightwatchers to send you. Low calorie and very filling ... X

Also what about veg stir fry with noodles and tofu or Quorn ... Tasty :)

Hi im not vegetarian but i love roasted mixed veg, i use aubergines, peppers, mushrooms, red onion and garlic, wee bit olive oil and some herbs. but you could use whatever you have. i then add feta cheese when cool. sometimes to bulk it out i add some giant couscous from asda. well lovely. Enjoy. Xx

Last edited:
I dont eat meat but I do eat fish. For 'meat' alternatives you can't beat quorn products - reasonably priced, low fat and high protein.

I do like tofu but its and acquired taste if you haven't had it before, its best to cook it with something with lots of flavour too.

How did your fill go? x

Back