• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

NT1977's Journey to a new life - my stall explained!

Great tip - thanks Top Kat. I will get some of them at lunchtime x

Sounds really positive, I might have to get some of those Tuna Light lunches.

What was your favourite food for the mushy stage?

Cod in Parsley Sauce with Mash Potato or Chicen in White sauce with Mash Potato. I put swede and carrot in my mash too and used the tinned chicken in sauce from M&S, it done 2/3 meals so was worth the expense - if I cannot have quantity I will have quality!LOL

So today may be a challange too far. my trousers have been getting too big and baggy so did not look very smart. I searched out a couple of pairs that were smaller (and brand new) last night for work today and i am today wearing a size 18 top and trousers. Great I hear you say (was 22/24 bottoms for sure) but I feel awful, I feel exposed and uncomfortable. My best friend, eldest daughter and Mum said I look really nice but my head is saying I don't and it's driving me nuts.

Maybe a step too far and I need to go back to my old comfy clothes

Thats amazing, but definitely do what feels comfy and givees you confidence. Sometimes it takes time for our heads to catch up with our bodies. There is nothing wrong with a pair of baggy trousers for a couple of weeks, you might find another 3 or 4 pounds down you are completely ready for the size 18's mentally and physically.

Thanks for the tips with the cod and chicken in sauces, I am going to go and buy some ready for the mushies.

PMA kicks arse!!!! :massmoon:

Weekend was brilliant, Friday we took the girls to Chesington for the day and I even went on a few rides with my youngest - didn't give a hoot if anyone saw me squished in with her, she loved it that her and Mummy were having fun together. I went prepared for the day with my water and john west tuna lunch (lovely by the way, thank you top kat for the recommendation :wavey:)

Saturday myself and my eldest were at the bootsale for 5am ready to get selling and made £280 sitting in the sunshine selling the girls old clothes. Only got rid of half of it so going to do it again this weekend.

Sunday we went and spent the money we made ;) at Lakeside on holiday clothes for my eldest, she got some lovely bits and I was a very positive Mum to her too, trying to get her to embrace her body and have a good body image. she has the normal teen hang ups and unfortunatly she has been blessed with large boobs which at 15 she hates (I am sure this will change by her 20's!) I even tried a few bits on and brought a lovely maxi for £8 in primark - size 18 wohooo for smaller sizes and smaller price tags.

I also got a new toy at the weekend - a Fitbit Flexi and it is my new obsession. it counts your steps, distances, calories burnt, sleep pattern and you can also log your food. so motivational for making me move more. I smashed my targets yesterday and hopeing to do the same today, off for a walk in the sunshine at lunchtime.

My journal i am writing for therapy is helping with my sometimes irrational thoughts, I write it all out and then read it back then go back to it later in the day and re-asses how I actually FEEL as appose to how I think I will feel. Interesting stuff and self anlysis going on here.

Moved onto real food again as fill is next week and have tried bread which was ok but felt wierd, potato skin which got stuck and lamb which was fine. Just need to chew chew chew!!

Bring it on I say, let's do this and love our bodies :D

Oh wow, I will have to google the fitbit flexi, sounds excellent.

I also like your last sentence, (love our bodies). I think it is sooo important and really hit home.

Keep up the positivity it sounds like things are going really well.

Fit bit is great, there is no miracle cure obviously but anything that encourages us to move more has got to be a bonus x

Glad the tuna light lunch was a success - they are just great to have to hand, both for picnics, work or when out and about. :)

Sounds like you had a great weekend too.

I have put a couple in the cupboard Kat, I tried the spicy bean one and it was really nice. Didn't bother me that the others were eating their rolls, although I didn't allow cakes and only took fruit to go with it! lol

Real food has been going well. I have had a small amount of restriction but I could not tell you if that is physical or mental! eating from a smaller plate, planning what I am having and questioning my hunger/thirst must be having an effect too.

Bread is a no no - I can have a small amount then it gets stuck. To be honest I am ok with this, my daily diet is varied enough and I don't actually need to eat it. Rivita's are my current favourites with dairylee light or peanut butter.

Exercise wise I am back on it and planning to go back to zumba this week to shake my bits into shape :p

First fill this morning and it went fantastically well, the lady who performed it put me totally at ease and explained what she was going to do. She located my port easily by getting me to raise my feet up with my legs straight then defilled what was in there so she could measure accuratly then added some more. there was 1.5ml in and she added the same again so now at 3ml.

She explained the 4ml I had put in at operation point was including what had filled the tubing as well which they do not pull back out to measure.

went out to reception and had a cold and hot drink, all was well so I am now back at my desk and working like normal

i am settting myself weekly challanges so this weeks I will:

Use a mirror every day to check my outfit for the day and do my make up/hair in a mirror. A big ask of me but i need to start looking at myself and seeing who I am not hiding away. this morning I managed the bathroom mirror which is better than my normal tiny make up mirror :D

Well the last week has been interesting! I have found out that I cannot eat bread at all, it gets stuck and comes back up. And yesterday i discovered Peach is also a no no which is a shame as I love peaches.

I have been ok, but have found some of my old demons coming back which I have had to fight. Things that I associate with eating and I need to change, like taking a long car journey or it being saturday night and therefore I 'deserve' a treat. I worked through it and didn't not deviate from my plan, I just wonder if for me it is ever going to be second nature not to associate back to food? I definitly have more restriction but I think I have been relaxng a bit and not just eating when hungry, more when I want to eat which is not good. need to listen to my body more.

I have also been feeling really thirsty and very very tired. I know this heat has an effect on us all but I am drinking at least 4 litres of water a day but nothing is quenching my thirst - does that make sense? and no matter how much sleep I have I am still tired. I was borderline diabetic before my operation but agreed with my doctor to re-test at three months - wondering if I should just go back and get tested :confused:

Next fill booked for the 5th August, have a christening the day before and I would love to have got into an 18 comfortably for that, last time I saw the people there I was a 22/24, I am about 7lbs off from that I think.

Thats my mini target!

Mini targets are great and it may well be worth going back to the docs to get re-tested even if just to put your mind at rest. My thirst levels are higher than normal - only to be expected with the heat, finding something that quenches the thirst isn't always easy.

it takes a while to start working through the food issues that we have had, even now, there are things that will happen when I would have turned to food and while I make an effort not to, there are times I've had "just the one" and thankfully it is just the one rather than the one packet it could have been. Unfortunately, the band doesn't work on the issues that we have, and it may well be worth looking into something such as CBT if you feel that you need help with these issues moving forward :)

Hmm, maybe I will wait and see then Kat once the weather has cooled down a bit. saying that my Dad is diabetic and I am sure he can finger prick me to test me like I did when I was pregnant, that might give me an indication.

I am undergoing CBT, which is why I have made it this far. I knew my eating wasn't all about portion control and it was a lot about emotions so I pushed for CBT and my doctor was really supportive. I am doing 1:1 at the moment and start group after my holiday in 6 weeks time. It is really helping me but I do wonder if it will ever be second nature to be "normal" if that makes sense?

I must admit I do believe that there is such a thing as a food addict, as much as there are alcholics and drug addicts. its a shame it is not widely recognised

Oh I totally agree, I think that addiction to food is very real for many people! I'm glad that you're undergoing the CBT and its nice that your doc took you seriously too - I don't know if there ever is such a thing as "normal" as far as eating and food is concerned. I know for me it will always be an issue, and that even with my band, I know its quite easy for me to sink 2-3000 cals in a day if I chose to . . .the band deals with some things, but not the emotional or mental side behind it and yet these can be the hardest things in the world!

This is what annoys me so much about people thinking surgery is the easy way out, it is not easy at all, it is about a complete change of attitude and lifestyle. The band is a tool, it does not work for everyone and will only work with you if you are willing to make it work.

My doctor is truly fantastic, after some of the stories I have read on here I am so glad to have him there with me 100%

I would definitely go and get checked for diabetes asap, 4 litres is a lot and that plus the tiredness etc, I'd make an appointment sooner rather than later.

Have you tried coconut water? Since fizz is out of the question, and I don't like quashes, I get bored with flavoured water too at times, so I bought some of that (the one with nothing added, especially not sugar!), it's an acquired taste, but ice cold, it really is a great thirst quencher.

Food addiction is definitely a true thing, of course it is, like smoking, drinking, drugs, it gives you a temporary fix, it makes you feel better for a while. The problem is that unlike the other addictions, you can't go cold turkey and quit eating altogether, and therein likes the issue, as we can't just say "no", we have to say "well, just a little bit" and that's a lot harder. Any smoker knows that cutting bit by bit practically always end up with being back to the 40 a day, any drinker knows that it's impossible to just have one and stop, and drugs, well, there is no happy medium for an heroin addict, is there... so it's quit altogether and be done.

But we MUST have food, and that makes it the hardest thing, because it becomes about controlling not what we put in our body but how much, and that's where the brain has to control things.

So, in the meantime, do what addicts do, the 1st step of the 12: One day at a time. If you succomb, forgive yourself and start again. You are in control of your destiny.

Hugs.

Thanks Bookie x

Will add Coconut water to the shopping list, worth a try!

Doctors booked for next monday too so I can discuss the diabetes possibility

Back