• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Obese - a year to CHANGE my life !

So one week in ! Day 8 or should that be day 7!?

Anyway I'm felling almost back to normal today - a full rest day yesterday really helped...

Today I've had:
2 cups tea
2 cup a soups
Jmeal cookie dough made with 200 ml milk
Small pot ambrosia low fat Devon custard
Milky bar yoghurt

Total cals 1110

Other half has had fish n chips again, chocolate cake and is now on a bag of chocolate peanuts grrrrrrr xxx

Have hope. Fish and chips doesn't have to stay stay off the menu forever :cry: I eat battered or breaded (usually more calories than battered :eek:) fish portions which are between 230 and 300 calories each plus lots of lovely aldente veg and of course tomato ketchup. You can still get your fix ... But you never know once you get back on grown up food again its amazing how your taste buds may actually change. Carry on the great work xxx

Thanks flutterby I'm so pleased with this week I know it's early days but am really proud that I'm coping with the liquids xx

So my day 9 & 10 update ...

Took my dressings off yesterday - I had the single incision surgery so my belly button has more stitches than a pair of jeans ! I don't think my piercing will get back in there lol!

Food yesterday was:

2 Jmeals @ 222 cals each
400 mls semi skimmed milk @ 196 cals
Ainsley Harriett broccoli and Stilton soup @ 89 cals
Chicken cup a soup @99 cals
Ambrosia low fat Devon custard @ 111 cals

And today - Monday 26th May

Cadburys hot choc @ 60 cals
Jmeal @ 222 cals
200 mls semi skimmed milk @ 98 cals
2 chicken cup a soups @ 99 cals each
Cranberry & raspberry juice @ 94 cals
Milky bar dessert @ 162 cals
Jmeal @ 222 cals
200 mls semi skimmed milk @ 98 cals
1 low fat Devon custard @ 111 cals

I've had more cals today than any other day - looking forward to mushys as getting sick of shakes and for the 320 cals when made with milk I will be able to get some weetabix etc down for less calories.

Back to work tomorrow - feeling pretty much back to normal.

Hope everyone's ok xx

Day 11

Back to work so no blender ! Feeling fine today !

I've had 6 cups tea 180 cals
3 cups Bovril 39 cals
One ready made protien shake from Boots 230 cals
One activia yoghurt 118 cals
One low fat Devon custard 111 cals
Can weight watchers chicken soup

Total intake 762 but just can't face a protein shake at this time!

Got weighed and not lost any weight this week either :-(

Feeling sorry for myself lol

Night all xx

Your doing fab nikola! I'm 3 weeks post op tomorrow and I have only lost 3lb!! I have eaten so little usually 600-800 kcals!! It's a little disheartening but I'm sure it will get better!! X

Thanks Mandy I suppose I just expected to lose loads of weight whilst not eating,

Today I'm feeling good - stitches still in belly button but other than than pretty much back to normal. I've had:
5 cups tea @ 150 cals
Activia creamy vanilla yoghurt @ 118 cals
Jmeal @ 222 cals
Ww tomato soup @ 76 cals
Ambrosia low fat Devon custard @ 111
Cadburys hot choc instant drink @ 60 cals
Few mouthfuls of really chewed up mash @ 104 cals - can't believe I ate mash - it was left on my daughters plate.

Looking forward to Saturday for mushy!

Night all xx

So I'm now on mushy !! And I've been weighed and I'm 1 st 0.5 lb lighter since my op !

I'm eating mini weetabix (8) with milk
Cottage cheese with 2 crisp bread (the 20 cal ones)
Mash at night

Have been feeling hungry today so going to try adding a couple of snacks tomorrow.

What does everyone else eat on mushy days xx

So my 3 week update ... 2 lbs off this week so I've lost 16.5 pounds since my op

First fill is 2 weeks today and one more week left on mushys !

How's everyone else doing? Xx

Nicola, you are doing fabulously, you are filling me full of hope, thank you!

My band is being fitted in 19 days and 13 hours, i cant wait, i did a Lamb Dinner today and said the next dinner i cook will probably be Christmas Day, how mad does that sound? Did you have a blow out before the op? I have said i want a Lamb Dinner and a Chinese Take Away, but that is all i am craving. Already worrying about putting weight on.

Stick with what you are doing its obviously working!
Denise XxX

Hi Denise

My BMI was on the low side (lol only in the WLS world!) and they told me at my consultation not to lose any weight before the op ... I actually put 5.5 lbs on having lots of last suppers !

Enjoy your Chinese and roast ... It's amazing how something has switched in my head and my life is no longer revolving around food. We've ate out twice this weekend - I had a jacket spud on Friday (and smuggled cottage cheese into the restaurant!) and had some lasagna today - I don't feel like I'm missing out at all now I can see the results.

Looking forward to joining you on your journey chick xx

Nikola you are doing really well!! You will be at target in no time! I have my first fill on Thursday!! Should be interesting! Xx

Hi Nikola, i am so looking forward to having the food switch turned off, i am fed up of constantly thinking about food, its ridiculous, and since i booked my procedure i cant stop eating, that must be psychological i reckon. The saddest thing is i am just wishing my life away till procedure day, only 17 more days.
How are you feeling? I am having my band on the Saturday and we are off to our first ever festival on the following Friday, it was booked before the band, do you think i will be up for the festival weekend, in a tent on an air bed? At least it will be a cheap weekend as i cant eat or drink??? I do sort of wish we hadn't booked it, the festival not the band!
Are you back at work yet?
Denise
XxX

Hi Denise

You should be fine after a week , I went back to work properly after 10 days and was fine :)

I have spent the last 2 days trying on loads of clothes that were tight and are now really comfy!

Start on real food on Saturday - the last 4 weeks have flown by ... Wish I'd done this years ago xxx

Your doing grand gal :) well done hunni enjoy your first proper meal and really enjoy the clothes getting bigger and bigger and bigger LOL x x x x

Morning. I bet we all wish we had done it Nikola, but in reality we all let stuff get in the way of ourselves I think. I was starting to dread the festival but you have put my mind at rest so I can start looking forward to it, I won't be looking forward to it as much as I am looking forward to my procedure though, that's feeling bigger than Christmas!!!
Good to hear you are doing so well, and I can't think of anything that feels better than trying clothes on that you can tell a difference in, that feels much more real than weight loss.
Enjoy the sunshine.
Denise
XxX

Hi Nikola. How's it going with you? How are those baggy clothes coming along? What are your plans clothes wise? I am going to try really hard to not buy clothes till I have lost a fair but of weight, keep thinking nothing will get much wear as I hopefully drop those pounds so not worth buying anything nice!
Can't wait till my 'thin' clothes are feeling loose!
Denise
XxX

Hi Denise

I keep pulling my size 18s up lol and some 16s are fitting too I've got tons of size 16 clothes so I'm not planning on buying anything till I hit a 14 !! Eek a 14 it's been about 15 years !!

I was in the Trafford Centre today and bought some house stuff from Next as I didn't know what to buy !!!

15 days for you now ? Exciting xxx

Nikola xxx

Hi Nikola. Not sure I am looking forward to shopping for house things, to be fair I can't see me buying much till I have paid the procedure off!!!
I am off wedding dress shopping with my daughter tomorrow, I bet we all start regretting all those kind of things, if only I has done it sooner?!? We can't change what is passed, it's about changing our future! I don't think that losing weight will change much, we will just be looking good what ever we are doing!
Another week over for me, which means a week nearer to going to Birmingham.
XxX

So I can eat food !!!!

We went to the Lake District overnight and I had 4 vodka and orange juice drinks and was drunk!

I had small jacket with tin of tuna at lunch and 1/3 portion of fish and chips in the restaurant.

Today I've had scrambled eggs on half slice granary toast
1 pack dairy lea cheese and ham crackers as mil was making sandwiches at lunchtime
Snack a 95 cal bag of cookie crisp cereal (dry)
Tea was a chicken chargrilled and 2 potato waffles.

Tomorrow I'm in work so will eat more healthily - looking forward to my fill next Sunday as I'm feeling hungry now I'm eating !

Love to you all xx

Back