• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Officially a bandit!

Am exactly the same just feels like massive burp about to escape then nothing :( must try to get hands on windeze ... Hope feel better too at this rate am gonna shake the house when finally release this gas!! X

and me girls!!!! Spent most of the day in bed cos I'm more comfortable in foetal position, I know I should be walking around but just feel knackered. Like Emma I can eat and drink but just don't want to.......just trying a slimfast. The one thing I am enjoying is orange juice ice lollies, had 1 last night and one earlier today - great for my throat, which is now feeling much better!!!!

Well done both - good to hear about your day at Dolan. I am there on Friday - eek! Will post after my op. Good luck now you are on the losers bench!!! Tracey xxx

Tracey you will be fine on Friday and gas pain is not unbearable like a muscle thing really.... They are really good at THG and I was scared witless am a coward .. Hardest part is Pre op diet I think xx

My wind pain has got progressively worse over the day and is now unbearable :( I havnt released any yet since surgery just don't know what to do with myself ! :( xxx

Same here Emma, had bought some widease tabs last week thinking they were chewable but they're not, however just looked at them and they are tiny capsules so I had 2 of those at 8 pm as i was so desperate - they went down fine but don't appear to have helped at all!!! At least we both feeling the same so I assume it must be normal????? Diets going well though,, hardly had a thing all day!! x

caroline4013 said:
Same here Emma, had bought some widease tabs last week thinking they were chewable but they're not, however just looked at them and they are tiny capsules so I had 2 of those at 8 pm as i was so desperate - they went down fine but don't appear to have helped at all!!! At least we both feeling the same so I assume it must be normal????? Diets going well though,, hardly had a thing all day!! x

I just don't know what to do with myself :( at least your feeling the same so like you say it makes you think it's normal, Suzy rang THG group today to see what I could take for the wind and the nurse told her I can have windeeze chewable tablets but I have to suck it till its completely gone, and I can also have gripe water which is VILE! Lol but the windeeze n gripe water havnt helped at all , I feel so sorry for myself! Although like you I have hardly anything all day xx

I had a similar thing after I had my gall bladder out. Not a lot of consolation but it will get easier over the next few days as the gas is expelled. Not looking forward to having that feeling again next week! Hugs to you both!

Blackcraig said:
I had a similar thing after I had my gall bladder out. Not a lot of consolation but it will get easier over the next few days as the gas is expelled. Not looking forward to having that feeling again next week! Hugs to you both!

Thanks Craig ! It feels at the minute as if it's never goin to go ! So are you in next week ? Xx

Yep St Mary's in London on Wednesday! On Low carb pre-op diet at the moment, not sure how it works as I haven't eaten so much food in years!!

CONGRATULATIONS LADIES :)

It will get easier promise. However I did not experience wind pain. I think most ladies (and gents) who get it are ones who have had fills at time of surgery. I had a 14ml band fitted with no fill and did not experience any wind pain at all. But I know Mimi had a 4ml fill in her band at surgery and had terrible wind pain too. Me never experienced it once. So I am not too sure if it is a good thing or bad thing to have a fill right away. I know not having one my recovery was much easier than I had anticipated but I will not recieve any fill till the middle of August. So its 6 of one and half a dozen of the other.
Hopefully every passing day it will get easier (fingers crossed) :)

Last night tried deflatene and peppermint cordial for wind pain, combination of which resulted in vomitting three times and two calls to THG emergency helpline. At minute can only just keep water down and breathing through the sickness. They suggested I go to A and E for anti sickness drug or possibly go into Dolan park to have some fluid takenout. Frankly I don't want anyone messing with me so am liking neither option... The wind pain is horrible... Feels much worse than any thing.... Actually surgery incisions are fine... Hope you windy ladies feel better... So glad this passes hopefully small price to pay for big losses later :) xxxxx

queenofbelfastcity said:
Last night tried deflatene and peppermint cordial for wind pain, combination of which resulted in vomitting three times and two calls to THG emergency helpline. At minute can only just keep water down and breathing through the sickness. They suggested I go to A and E for anti sickness drug or possibly go into Dolan park to have some fluid takenout. Frankly I don't want anyone messing with me so am liking neither option... The wind pain is horrible... Feels much worse than any thing.... Actually surgery incisions are fine... Hope you windy ladies feel better... So glad this passes hopefully small price to pay for big losses later :) xxxxx

I feel so sick this mornin ! I didn't feel sick yesterday but defiantly feel it this mornin , and the wind pain is still there but I havnt actually been sick ... I just don't know what to do with my self to make me feel better... Like you say I'm hoping this passes quickly and it be worth it xxxx

Wow you poor thing! I'm feeling much better this morning, I am taking Windsetlers (tiny capsules) every 2 hours and have started taking dissolvable panadol every 4 hours which both seem to help! Have either of you managed to go to the loo yet?
Hope you both begin to feel better real soon........just think how lovely and slim we are going to be!!!!! Xxx

caroline4013 said:
Wow you poor thing! I'm feeling much better this morning, I am taking Windsetlers (tiny capsules) every 2 hours and have started taking dissolvable panadol every 4 hours which both seem to help! Have either of you managed to go to the loo yet?
Hope you both begin to feel better real soon........just think how lovely and slim we are going to be!!!!! Xxx

Yes I have , not much tho lol! Felt really suck this mornin but since takin my paracetamol I'm feeling better, the wind pain has eased off a bit but still there niggiling in my shoulders and ribs. I'm hopin tomorrow I feel better n it just keeps getting better each day, I'm back at work Wednesday thurs fri and Saturday so I better be feelin better ! Xxx

Yes I have , not much tho lol! Felt really suck this mornin but since takin my paracetamol I'm feeling better, the wind pain has eased off a bit but still there niggiling in my shoulders and ribs. I'm hopin tomorrow I feel better n it just keeps getting better each day, I'm back at work Wednesday thurs fri and Saturday so I better be feelin better ! Xxx

I have had the bad wind pain, but it is getting better each day. I cant get a lot of fluids down without the horrid chest pain. Do you know how much we are meant to drink per day??
I am taking about an hour to drink about 200ml.
I know it will get better, its just the post op stuff.

No pain no gain as they say, this is short term discomfort which will soon be gone then the exciting times can start for you :)

Caroline and Emma... How you both doing?? Caroline I can't seem to stay away from the loo absolutely NO problem liquid in liquid out!! Since they took out fluid I have felt so much better.. Been able to walk and everything... Am managing about a litre a day now... Emma previously I had that awful chest pain then it all came back up. If you are keeping it down, sounds like you are ahead of the game as your fill is working.

Dealing better with wind and now burping... Everytime I sip anything I need massive burp

I agree about no pain, no gain however I did draw the line at losing consciousness due to dehydration that was a step of pain too far and surgeon at Dolan Park agreed lol... It would be me that it happens to mind you... Dissolving panadol sounds like good idea no sure I can take much more pseudo calpol!! Xx

Back