• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG I can't believe it !!!

My manager expects me to be off for a minimum of 6 weeks. But my job can be quite physical and heavy, so I'm really not sure. I think if you were doing a desk job two weeks wouldn't really be enough, do you ?

No I don't think 2 weeks is long enough for any full time job. It's not a heavy ward I work on but we do have to push pts on trolleys and have people collapsing quite regularly. There is also often only 2 nurses on duty so it's not as if you can excuse yourself from heavy duties.

No haven't heard from clinical trials yet but they said they would be in touch after I'd got my date and see me at pre op and also do a home visit.

I wonder if they'll suggest it to me at pre op? I'm going to do the milk diet anyway. It suits me better with work than the low cal/low carb one.

I'd be tempted to do the milk diet too if I don't get randomised into the lighter life group. They said I could opt out of the trial at any time. The thought of that low carb diet fills me with dread! X

Me too, that's why I'm going to do the milk diet. Lighter life is mixed with milk I think isn't it? So it's moe or less the same thing :)

Yes think I'll have to have at least 6 weeks off. I do 12.5 hour shifts so don't want to rush back!
Yes Paula I think the lighter life shakes contain milk powder and is mixed with water. You get to choose the ones you want which is good because some of the lighter life soups are vile!!

Long Wait

Well the hospital phoned me Friday and guess what..........they too have given me a final date after about 18 months !!!

Sunday 14th October.....wow...omg...what now?? and yes 2012!!!!

Same hospital and same surgeon.

Hope all goes well for you.

josie90 said:
Well I got my call today 21st October....the first day of the rest of my life !!

Fantastic news Josie !! You'll be starting your pre op diet soon then? It all goes so quickly, you'll be on the losers bench before you know it xx

We have ended up being very close together for our ops haven't we! I'm very excited and also very nervous. X

josie90 said:
Yes I am having my op at Derby and my surgeon is Mr. Leeder. My first appointment was in April 2011 and I was officially listed for surgery last December. Hope the pre-op diet is going well Sarah and all the very best for the big day.
I don't know how I am going to concentrate on work for the next 3 weeks, I am very excited and nervous all at the same time.
Best wishes,
Jo

He was my surgeon Josie. He is a lovely man :)

Are you on the clinical trial Jo? The pre op diet is going well. Just felt quite tired at work today and aching limbs. My consultant was mr Ahmed but I've been swapped over to mr Awan now, never met him and not heard much about him though x

Back