• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

OMG

Ruthiep

OMG! I just hit 9st 3/129lbs/58kg!!!

Unexpected, un-worked for. It just happened.

And whilst I am thrilled, I seriously don't want to lose much more. I never expected to see this weight. Another four pounds would get me below 9st and I definitely don't want to be below 9st.

Not sure what I can do about it, as I am not trying to lose!

FuturePerfect

Finally in love with life
Hello Ruthie. Well done on your weight loss. How about replacing low fat snacks with higher-fat snacks - eg nuts, dried fruit? As you are a sleever I presume these wouldn't trouble you?

shelleymarie

Well done. If you don't want to lose any more maybe you can increase calorie intake or eat more calorie dense healthy foods - like peanut butter/almond butter, olive oil, sweet potatoes, Hummus, avocado etc. Best of luck x

Samsara

Can I ask what you are eating on a typical day? I am just interested in terms of being that far down the line and at more than goal! Thanks :) x x Oh and well done ;)

Miss Tickle

Wish i'd get a surprise like that! Today for some unknown reason 4lbs have appeared on my scale, even though I have been really good !!
I think these fluctuations must be normal for us 'healthy' weight folks. Perhaps you could not make any changes but track your intake on MY fitness Pal for a week or so to check your nnutrition. Then start to add maybe 100 cals a day until you get to the magic 'maintainance' number.
I was going to maintain but have decided to go for another 10lbs-ish. It's very hard once your BMI hits the healthy range though I think.
What dress size are you in now? Pretty tiny I should think
xx

Ruthiep

Yes, dress size 10, 12 if the make comes up small. Knitwear: size small.

I do already eat dried fruit, nuts AND chocolate every day, just not that much of it! Even the odd choc digestive biscuit. Basically I eat whatever I want, just small quantities.

Average day's food: Breakfast: Two Ryvitas with low fat sliced cheese on, grilled till bubbling :) NB at the moment have a tooth problem so am finding crunchy food difficult to eat, so tend not to eat much of the Ryvita, just the cheese!

Lunch: my staple: spaghetti squash with grated low fat cheese and a tomato sauce (usually ketchup *blush*). Salad. Followed by a row of chocolate squares, some dried fruit.

Snack: some nuts and raisins.

Supper: Protein and veg. Either chicken/turkey/duck/fish with salad and veggies. Sometimes a home made soup first but I don't often have room for both soup and main course.

More snack food later.

Drinks throughout the day: Gallons of tea with fresh lemon and fresh ginger. Water and diet grapefruit squash.

Last edited:

Samsara

Do you know the size of bougie used? And are you ever hungry? x x

Oh and I had to google spaghetti squash! What is that like?

Last edited:

Ruthiep

Do you know the size of bougie used? And are you ever hungry? x x

Oh and I had to google spaghetti squash! What is that like?

32 bougie. His standard size.

I've never been one of those who have stopped feeling hungry. I feel hungry, I eat a little, and am very quickly satiated. I *never* forget to eat!

I was introduced to spaghetti squash by my American online friends. They all love it over there. Unfortunately it isn't easy to get over here. Waitrose was the only supermarket that stocked it and even they, only for a short time. However I have found a Cambridgeshire farm that sell it by the 10kg box online. I don't know if I'm allowed to link to it but you can always PM me for the website. However the season is pretty much over until August. I think they may have a few squash left. I have stocked up bigtime as I love it so much.

What's it like? It looks like a yellow oval squash. Unremarkable to look at. I bake it in the oven for about 45 mns having first pricked it in a few places for the steam to escape (otherwise it might explode!). Once cool enough to handle, I cut it open lengthwise, scrape out and discard the seeds, then with a fork, scrape the flesh lengthwise and it turns into strands, not unlike spaghetti. I keep a bowlful of these strands in my fridge, and it freezes beautifully too.

Does it taste like pasta? No...it tastes like squash but it has a lovely texture and is a real low carb low calorie healthy comfort food. (22 calories a cup cooked squash compared to 121 calories for cooked spaghetti).

Miss Tickle

I love the sound of the BNS but can't find any. Maybe you need to swap that for pasta every other day to maintain?
I think your calorie count is pretty light-even with a few cubes of chocolate and a few nuts.
Size 10 ! I bet you had a great time in the sales with the small sizes. Karen Millen seems to come up small and has some great items on line at the moment if you like her designs? wallis petite always have lots of fabulous styles which annoys me as I'm 5ft 10 and even their standard range is too short.
xx

Last edited:

Ruthiep

I love the sound of the BNS but can't find any. Maybe you need to swap that for pasta every other day to maintain?
I think your calorie count is pretty light-even with a few cubes of chocolate and a few nuts.
Size 10 ! I bet you had a great time in the sales with the small sizes. Karen Millen seems to come up small and has some great items on line at the moment if you like her designs? wallis petite always have lots of fabulous styles which annoys me as I'm 5ft 10 and even therir standard range is too short.
xx
What's BNS? Spaghetti squash? As I said, I can let you know the farm I buy it from if you PM me. I really can't take real pasta. Anything that swells inside me makes me really uncomfortable.

Yes being short has its advantages but most things are far too long in sleeve and length. However as I don't wear mini, a shorter length for a taller person is perfect for me!

Miss Tickle

Oh yes- spaghetti squash not Butternut. Will pm you.
I can't eat pasta or bread. I can do porridge though- that might be a good morning option for you whilst your mouth heals ( if you like it of course.) Also Crackerbread would probably soften up with the melted cheese on.
I used to love cheese on toast but can't have it now. Am going to try you ryvita version for tea so thanks for that xx

angiemason

hi ruthie I don't think you're eating enough calories either :( it doesn't seem enough protein but I don't know what amount you're supposed to have xxx porridge seems a good idea especially if you're having tooth trouble :) I have shreddies with warm milk most mornings but have a bit of bacon blackpudding and an egg at weekend x I rarely eat any veg and never salad by the time I've got my protein in I haven't room :) take care and I hope you manage to get sorted xx

Ruthiep

I have cheese for protein for two out of 3 meals. And some kind of poultry or fish for the third meal. Nuts have protein, and sometimes I have a protein bar as a snack too. I think my cheese breakfast probably has more protein than if I had oatmeal with a bit of milk. Sometimes if I snack late at night I'll have a turkey sausage rather than some kind of rubbish.

Got dentist appointment tomorrow morning after my workout :)

FuturePerfect

Finally in love with life
Try switching the low-fat cheese for full-fat, if not for all meals, just those you melt the cheese. You'll appreciate the texture more, and there are a lot more varieties available at the creamy end of the scale.