• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pandora's path to slim

Glad things went well at the appointment Pandora -- now it's just waiting for that date (oh and all the pre-op tests as well).

Best wishes !!!

There was no mention of tests , just see anesthetist x

There was no mention of tests , just see anesthetist x

Well maybe they do things diff in Bournemouth?

At the Whittington I've had loads of pre-op tests:

(1) general lung function appointment followed by
(2) sleep apnoea test (done on all patients with a BMI over 50 or neck wider than 15")
(3) endoscopy / gastroscopy
(4) ECG in January to check heart health

But for me no appointment with any anaesthetist prior to the op -- perhaps your appointment with the anaesthetist is for that person to assess your surgery risk rather than doing lots of individual tests.

I already know I have sleep apnoea & ecg was done at my pre op assessment , along with bloods , MRSA swabs & general health check . The nurse did mention my pulse being a bit high , but that's usual for me .

It's just dawned on me why all the thoughts .... its cos I'm taking control of something for once in my life .
I always feel I have little control over things , which o guess is silly cos I'm a single mum & run the house alone .
Also as a mum everything is about everyone else before me , so its weird to do something just for me ... well in fact its not cos I'm doing this for my kids too .

Now the reality is kicking in my head has been all over the place today
Is this really happening to me ?
Am I doing the right thing ?
How am I going to cope after ?
All the changes I have to make
You know the thing .... I know I have to do it , that I want a healthier life but its still whirling about in my head .
I hope it will pass as reality sinks in

DITTO....
I am tryin to train my thought process to simply this, I will never ever ever have the same relationship with food again, its over..... The tool that I/we are investing in to regain control will be with us for life, the downside is that food will only ever be fuel now, it wont be a source of reward or comfort! The positive reality is that your 'diet' wont be a diet it will be a way of life & you wont ever have to feel like we/you/I do now facing the uphill battle of having to start a new diet again and again and again

GOOD LUCK xx

It's just dawned on me why all the thoughts .... its cos I'm taking control of something for once in my life .
I always feel I have little control over things , which o guess is silly cos I'm a single mum & run the house alone .
Also as a mum everything is about everyone else before me , so its weird to do something just for me ... well in fact its not cos I'm doing this for my kids too .

I think our thought process is currently at exactly the same stage.... Its like I am reading what I think about... I too am a single mum, full time worker, home owner and I come bottom of the pecking order but in reality I want and need to find the real me again, thats buried not just under the additional layers but also in my heart !

I truly wish you every success :)

Thanks hunni , I currently have no self worth , everyone is more important than me , clothes are just a necessity due to law & need for warmth , I have no interest in buying clothes .
I want to find the me that enjoys shopping , that looks after myself & basically lives rather than exists .
Good luck to you too xx

My daughter has just updated my mii for me so I can keep a check on my weight & do a few gentle exercises !!

Thanks hunni , I currently have no self worth , everyone is more important than me , clothes are just a necessity due to law & need for warmth , I have no interest in buying clothes .
I want to find the me that enjoys shopping , that looks after myself & basically lives rather than exists .
Good luck to you too xx

ABSO-BLOODY-LUTELY - there's more to life than just getting by, I dont want a list of what I should have done or could have done! I want to do it - I'd like to think that maybe....shsssshhh I could even go on a date or two :) ..... Keep the faith huni xx

well i think it was just a little wobble the other day because now i am again sure i am doing the right thing , no doubts or niggles.
have been discussing gym etc with a work collegue this afternoon & think i will get a swim membership after xmas , thing is do i go to the nearest to me , the nearest to school ( so i go after drop offs ) or nearest to work , to go before or after work ... hmmm decissions decissions .
tried to phone Mr Byrom's sec today to get an idea of waiting list times , but i think i was too late & she had gone home , will try again tomorrow

well i think it was just a little wobble the other day because now i am again sure i am doing the right thing , no doubts or niggles.
have been discussing gym etc with a work collegue this afternoon & think i will get a swim membership after xmas , thing is do i go to the nearest to me , the nearest to school ( so i go after drop offs ) or nearest to work , to go before or after work ... hmmm decissions decissions .
tried to phone Mr Byrom's sec today to get an idea of waiting list times , but i think i was too late & she had gone home , will try again tomorrow

Hiya P
Only natural to question your decision, its life-changing stuff your going through and your head needs to catch up every now and then :)
Just go through your list of all the positives vs the negatives, the positive list will be much longer than the negative, :) xx

It's days like today I wonder why I say I am doing this for my kids ! Selfish self centred lazy good for nothing .
Come home from z hectic day at work ( health doesn't let up for Xmas ) & the place is a mess , youngest still in bed & eldest lazzing on sofa grrrr
rant over
Off for a nice soak now , anywhere but watching bloody simpsons

I'm really pleased for you Cheryl, hopefully it won't be long before you have the op. I had mine 3rd Nov and I can tell you there is absolutely nothing to worry about, the worst thing really is the trapped wind but you should be up and about the same day of the op and then it will ease itself out :)
Enjoy your liquid stage :)

Meant to post that I rang the secretary again the other day , am looking at march / April time , but also said I would take a cancellation

Feeling a bit low today , doing all the last min bits .
I don't mind being single , but this time of year all you see is happy couples enjoying Xmas together & I have to admit to being jealous . Nearly cried in the car thinking how lonely I felt :(

You can have John hun he is driving me nuts!!! has his Victor head on and its going to dissappear up his butt very soon !!!!!!
If you fancy a supper over here you are very welcome hun :)

Aw sweetie thanks , I will take you up on that offer but it will have to be in the new year as I dont have an evening where I'm not either working or doing something before then .
Hope John cheers up , humbug lol
Merry Xmas to you both xx

Thanks to all my wls friends on Fb who supported my status when it could have got a little out of hand .
Although the other friend said it was in jest , she is outspoken & also primarily my sisters friend , who you know doesn't support me
So again thanks xx

Last edited:
Back