• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pandora's path to slim

Feeling a bit low today , doing all the last min bits .
I don't mind being single , but this time of year all you see is happy couples enjoying Xmas together & I have to admit to being jealous . Nearly cried in the car thinking how lonely I felt :(

Bless ya....
I KNOW how u feel luv....doing everything for everyone and your always at bottom of list one way or another!
Just focus on this time next year - our weight will be one less issue xx

So Christmas is gone for another year & I put on 3.5lbs , which I am ok with .
Today is my daughters 16th birthday & we are going out for an Indian meal tonight with all the family & tomorrow she is having a party ..... quite why I agreed to it I'm not sure lol .
Today I am house tidings in preparation , slowly tho as i get such back ache :(

I just keep thinking "this time next year "

So the party is over & done with & now the tidying needs to be done ... slightly difficult with assorted sleeping bodies about lol . I know one group were still awake at 4ish
I did tell daughter everyone had to be gone by 1pm , not sure that will be achieved though .
All that stress , wasn't necessary really but least if there is another one ill know I can cope , just this was the first one ..... oh & apparently I am a legend lol !!!

How can 2 people from the same gene pool be so different ?
My sister is so judgmental & uptight , things are awkward with her & my niece cos she doesn't like ny nieces friends , but cos I am more relaxed & open minded my niece is comfortable here , but that's wrong too .
It's so hard to bite my tongue but I can see it getting out of hand .
We didn't talk for 5 months in 2010 cos I said she was. a bit ocd & she didn't like it ( although its true lol )

Hun you are going to have to be selfish now and put her thoughts on a back burner, this is going to be the start of YOUR new life YOU are going to have a new start and by this time next year will be running rings around her!
It says it all that her daughter is happier with you!
Don't let one person cause you so much grief your to nice a person for that xxxxx

Thanks Dawn .
I have quite a relaxed attitude with the kids & she has said to me before that I am their mum not their friend n... actually I'm both , although youngest keeps a lot inside , eldest is very open with me & some of her friends would rather tall to me than their mums ... apparently I am a legend lol !!!

Hun you are going to have to be selfish now and put her thoughts on a back burner, this is going to be the start of YOUR new life YOU are going to have a new start and by this time next year will be running rings around her!
It says it all that her daughter is happier with you!
Don't let one person cause you so much grief your to nice a person for that xxxxx

Dawns ab-so-bloody-lutely right on this on hun! Right now, for once this is you you you you you! Not forever and not for long but until you have your surgery and are on a relaxed path you are the priority! You and your family will reap the rewards in the long-term so short-term selfishness is totally acceptable xx

Thanks yoyo , I appreciate what you are saying , its hard when I usually put everyone before me .

Thanks yoyo , I appreciate what you are saying , its hard when I usually put everyone before me .

Of course it is but think what advice you would give.... SOMETIMES, you have to take the advice that you give :)

I am not a selfish person at all BUT my weight issues affect a HUGE part of my life, personal/professional/relationships/family - and like you I am at the bottom of the pecking order BUT I know deep down that making this life changing decision & seeing it through and changing my life PERMANENTLY will HELP make me a better mum/manager/friend etc etc - prob the same as you hun

xxxxxxxxxxxx

You know im the same im always at the bottom of the pile even the dogs come before me !!!!
Kids know who to trust and who can help them and your there trusted adult, what an honour !

Absolutely on all levels , I can't think of a single negative aspect of getting this op , it can only make me happier & healthier .
I remember when I lost a lot of weight a few yrs back how much healthier I felt , unfortunately I wasn't in a good place & didn't appreciate it , now I look back at pics & can see it .
Everyone suffers as I am at the moment
The kids cos I never want to do anything & I'm too tired to do a proper shop & cook well
The dog cos I can't walk him properly
Work cos everything is done slower or I end up in pain & short of breath .
Bring it on

Absolutely on all levels , I can't think of a single negative aspect of getting this op , it can only make me happier & healthier .
I remember when I lost a lot of weight a few yrs back how much healthier I felt , unfortunately I wasn't in a good place & didn't appreciate it , now I look back at pics & can see it .
Everyone suffers as I am at the moment
The kids cos I never want to do anything & I'm too tired to do a proper shop & cook well
The dog cos I can't walk him properly
Work cos everything is done slower or I end up in pain & short of breath .
Bring it on

Totally love - WE WILL DO IT !!!! yay

Well its new years day & I am supposed to be getting ready to have the family around , although I suspect it will just be mum & dad . Really havn got my heart in it :(
I can't see my sister & her lot coming , she's not happy with me , again . I love my niece but my sister thinks I side with her , I don't , I can see both sides , but apparently I should agree with my sister .
As my mum said , I can see us falling out big time & permanently & before anyone says talk to her , she is so set in her beliefs she doesn't listen to alternative views .
Happy bloody new year !!!!

Hun its her problem not yours yes she is your sister BUT its not her place to make you unhappy ((((((hugs))))))).

Well here we are , Jan 2nd 2012 , the fridge has the left overs of yesterday buffet in but today eating healthy starts .
I have about 10 days of orlistat so I'm going to use them to kick start some weight loss .
Weighed in this am at 20st 12.8lbs
Just had 2 slices wholemeal toast & jam with my first tab
Lunch will be homemade soup & dinner a jacket potato & beans .
Must go get dressed , take a load of rubbish to the tip , drop cheese to dad & go to work at 2pm !

Good on you... I have a bag of mini scotch eggs staring at me and cocktail sausage rolls.....the dog will be having them I think! :)

Lol Jo , don't think I stood a look in anyway , eldest was scoffing away as I left for work , chances are there will be none left by time I get home .

just how do you know what your BMI is ???
i have just put in the same statistics in 3 different BMI calculators & got 3 different answers
so surgery wise we are at the mercy of what the team tell us , but as we monitor it ourselves , its anyones guess lol!

You know what , I have wiped my hands of the whole sister thing , I no longer have one. I will NOT be accused of being a liar or a bad mum just cos she is trying to justify her own inadequacies !
End of ..

Back