• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

pants

no pants - wasn't hugely happy cause it was bloody draughty walking down to theatre!

I was warned I wouldn't be allowed pants though - they catheterised me and the other lady who had the same op as me.

xxx

Mind u with my overhang knickers or not u wouldn't have seen a lot ;) x

This thread has really made me chuckle. I'm having a TT next week and the thought of going commando down to theatre is a little un-nerving. Hubbie will never let me forget it! Loving the comment "went down in pants and came back without them"! Sounds like a good night out to me :)

I left my own boxers on & when back from surgery they were still in place,soiled but in place!!!!

They didn't fit!

I was told I could wear my own 100% cotton pants with the hospital group at dolan park - which I did and i'm glad! At the time of the operation I was a size 26. I couldn't get the pants I was given halfway up my legs.

Maybe it's a ploy on purpose to realise why I am having the op - so I can fit into horrible hospital paper knickers! :eek:

I got rather dainty white paper knickers that preserved my undercarriages dignity. Was mortified when I took them off, thought I'd had an accident when I saw the horrible streaky brown iodine stains :D

I was only allowed my gown and a smile .. I was just so pleased I had made to surgery I didn't care :D

I had my sugary at york on the nhs an as long as my pants were 100% cotton I could wear my own as the paper ones they gave wouldn't pass my ankles. When I woke they wasn't on anyway as I had a catheter in.

Emma louise... My god...how funny...I just spat my tea out laughing! X

lol all things u need to know tho

I wore my own, they didn't even ask if they were 100% cotton (which they were), they just said to keep your pants on.

Folk I had my bypass on 21 august and was given lovely paper ones and was most upset to discover I was knickerless back on the ward. when I was taken back to theatre 2 days later with a suspected leak knickers were not on my list of things I was worried about and when I was readmitted and had my burst appendix removed I did not have care about anything.
We all have the same bits and pieces once you have seen one you have seen them all.
The hospital staff are much more interested in your wound site than anything else.

Awesome! Well done. What a transformation. I am hoping I will be able to do this as well. :)

well all i can say is when you had kids modesty is last on the list if i need to be knickerless when my time comes so be it hehehe

Back