• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Preprations

Thanks Scotsman I will pay them a visit at the weekend, I suffer with a dry mouth because of some medication i take and it's been increased which has caused me to have sleepiness nights because my mouth is so dry but I want to be prepared when I have my op :)

yes boots hunni, my hubby went local chemist and ordered me one but when it came it was £15 flavored synthetic saliva it wasn't too nice and didn't use it anyway lol

Thanks everyone for you advice, this is what makes this site so good there's always someone to hand with the answer :)

I know I'm not going anywhere until October but I've started the count down and I'm getting organised because I always leave thing to the very last and then forget thing. So I've bought my dry mouth spray , thanks for the advice given as to which one, I bought the Boots on offer at the moment three for two. I've got new kitchen scales so I can weigh my food for the pre op diet so there will be no cheating. I've got a nice new big bag that will take lots of clothes and other stuff for my stay in hospital. Bought my chewable vitamins, and I've sorted out what thing I'm going to do while I'm off, I now feel like I'm on the ball. I've got two weeks left in work before I have annual leave for two weeks, then when my holidays are over I will start the diet for four weeks in between that a visit for pre op then two weeks later I should be the proud owner of a new inside with a start of a new life.

Hi mouse, I notice from your profile your from birmingham too. Is your surgeon Mr Richardson? he did my bypass on 21.5.14 if its him your in good hands. Where you having your op done?
ps: sounds like your really organised more organised than I was!!

Hi mouse, its exciting isnt it. Mines in two weeks so i have stocked up on some protein shakes and water for the first week when i get home.

im planning on sorting my goodies for my hospital bag as well! im not having my WLS till sept(fingers x nothing goes wrong) but ive looked at other threads about what to take best advise and will start getting bits and pieces together ,I like been sorted out nice and early and leave nothing to chance

Hi trish418 and Kar8858 I was meant to be under mr Richardson but when I went to the hospital I met a different guy forgotten his name n something Singh. I have looked up his credentials and he has written a lot of books and had a few awards so he might be ok lol. I'm going to heartlands Im lucky Its only about 10 mins away from where I live. Good luck kar8858 what are you having done and where are you going for it

Los in it September will be hear before you know it and you'll soon be on hear telling us about your journey and how your doing. Good luck

Hi trish418 and Kar8858 I was meant to be under mr Richardson but when I went to the hospital I met a different guy forgotten his name n something Singh. I have looked up his credentials and he has written a lot of books and had a few awards so he might be ok lol. I'm going to heartlands Im lucky Its only about 10 mins away from where I live. Good luck kar8858 what are you having done and where are you going for it

You will be fine Heartlands is a great hospital. You must be near to me then as im only 10 mins from Heartlands too Im in B33

Im having a sleeve in yorkshire, i will be spending bank holiday monday packing and pacing around

Hi Sharon 30 in each bottle, there was an offer I found from super drug but there isn't one near me so I just went to Asda

Trysh418 did you come home with injections to do yourself, some people do and others don't. I was just wondering ad you do

Trysh418 did you come home with injections to do yourself, some people do and others don't. I was just wondering ad you do

Hi mouse, yeah I cam home with a 7 day supply of clexaine injections. It was one injection a day for a week. How you feeling about your forthcoming surgery? are you nervous? all I can say is I wish Id done it years ago.

Back