• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Preprations

Hi I'm having a very nice time thank you. I enjoyed my Nando's, my hubby brought me a bacon butty, breakfast in bed. I then spent the day cleaning all the bedrooms I came down stairs around 5:30 my eldest grandson has come for a sleep over because we are having a Bar barque tomorrow I came down to a Sunday dinner roast chicken but I could not eat all of it ( which is a good thing) and now were all watching a film. I won't eat that much tomorrow because I don't eat beef burgers just some bits and pieces and then I will go back to my normal food. I must say I have porrage every morning and although the bacon was very nice I did miss my usual , funny how your taste changes 8 months ago I wouldn't eat breakfast now I never go without. But so far I'm enjoying my little bit of naughtiness lol,:)

Good you are enjoying your weekend ;)

a bit more food will not do too much harm as long as you go straight back to healthy/better eating after this long weekend.

I had a sweaty sunday morning at the gym! I know.. So exciting! :) but i was not sure how much energy i will have left later on on the pre op diet.. So made sure i went today :)

Hope you will have a nice monday tomorrow :)

Naughty weekend up date: porridge for breakfast today followed by two small rolls with thing slice of beef with fried onions, a thin slice of cheese pizza one blueberry muffin a few cups of tea one bag of walkers Racoon crisps . A supermarket large packet of fresh blueberries. Not to bad really nothing over the top. I did thing I would have been more indulgent but I never felt the need. Back to the good healthy eating tomorrow in preparation for the real deal on 10 th September. I feel pleased with myself that I didn't eat every thing in site just because I could, I think all the training to get me this far has really worked. :)

Naughty weekend up date: porridge for breakfast today followed by two small rolls with thing slice of beef with fried onions, a thin slice of cheese pizza one blueberry muffin a few cups of tea one bag of walkers Racoon crisps . A supermarket large packet of fresh blueberries. Not to bad really nothing over the top. I did thing I would have been more indulgent but I never felt the need. Back to the good healthy eating tomorrow in preparation for the real deal on 10 th September. I feel pleased with myself that I didn't eat every thing in site just because I could, I think all the training to get me this far has really worked. :)

I am glad to hear you are pleased eith yourself ;) sounds like you did have a nice weekend! :) 10th of september is just round the corner!!

Haven't started the mad diet yet but I'm preparing my cupboards with some bits and pieces. I bought a coffee slim fast to try before I buy in bulk. It's been years since I've tried the stuff, I found the bottle chilled very moorish but after about two hours I started to get a bad head, I felt a bit sick and off. Has anyone else had that or was I just being wearied. :)

Mouse. Unfortunately I bought two dozen bottles because they were half price....before I tasted them. They make me feel nauseous. They are too sweet. Not experienced a bad head though. I have gone for the Ufit protein shakes from Tesco in the chilled counter. Much lower in sugars and carbs and sit better on my tummy

morning all, I still have 23 bottles of them in my fridge the only one I didn't like was the banana one it tasted so fake and made me feel ill.
I hope I can use them after my WLS as I imagine I wont always want to eat and they could be ok for days like that lets wait and see

I agree with kirstywursty I find slim fast sweet however i can tolerate strawberry. I don't like the chocolate, banana coffee. Tesco wants taste less sweet but more difficult to mix than slimfast. Asda do a cheap brand also .a friend of mine is going to get me a large tub of protein shake its from America it contains all the vits etc we need.

Hi Los in it I'm going to buy them so I will have something that's easy if I'm out and about or as you said just don't feel like eating because they will fill the gap. It might just have been me after all I wasn't using it as a diet aid all day because I know people don't drink enough water when using it as a diet so they get bad heads. I liked the coffee as I said the strawberry will be just like any other product and I bought a banana one last night to try. I am going to really try proper food most of the time because that for me is reality, I just thought they would be a good standby and I could if having a mad day at work swap food for the shakes when on the diet. I have the choice of five diets and I can do a different one every day as long as you stick to that for the day and then swap the next day. I'm going to do the low calorie food count. :)

Hi Mouse, I had the same thing but only with the cafe latte ones, I hated them! My favourite were the banana flavour and the chocolate ones.

I did the 2 weeks on slimfast diet and have only managed 2 slimfast shakes since! They are very handy for when you're out and about but in my first few weeks post op after the LSD I couldn't face them - I had the aitkins shakes and weetabix shakes in my bag then when I was on purees I had aitkins protein bars, yoghurts and mini babybel and now I'm on solids I have a little container of almonds!

Also found that Pret and Eat do a basic soup option each day which is pretty smooth so that made life a little easier - if I was going to a city centre I knew I'd be able to find something "normal" for lunch.

The first few weeks post op packing to go out is seriously like having a baby in tow - all of the different potions and little containers. I got a small chiller bag which fits inside my handbag and packed all my bits and bobs in that to keep me going :)

Last edited:
I love the strawberry, they are sweet but i like sweet so that explains that. I have been on them the last few days since my op and i managed 200ml yesterday throughout the day, think today ive managed 100ml so far. It does feel heavy compared to water.

I know this will now just be a random part of the thread but Pound land are selling slim fast there don't have a great variety but it's a better price than some places Asda £1 but no doubt that will go,up

There is nothing like a new pair of pjs! I took far too many to the hospital but at least I had a choice, ha!

Don't forget your slippers and dressing gown! X

Got my stuff all sorted just need to get my case out , I'm so sorted if they called and said we have a slot come in now I'm good to go now!

Hi all

I was far more organised for my hospital stay than I ever am for holidays - good luck everyone.

Chrisy

Just bought new PJ's for my hospital stay, got my slippers and bag :)
Hi C any idea where to get large night wear from?? and do you reccomend pjs as thought these may cut into stomach.what do you think?? I tried on a dressing gown to day from Asda extra large too tight!! Hope your well Its October nearly your turn!! xx

try simply be or yours for large pj`s
I got mine from yours ,better than a nightie has when the doctors in the hospital come round its easier to pull down a pj bottoms than to keep pulling up a nightie
for me it didn't really rub on my wounds at all

Back