• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Preprations

Chrisa - we are very similar. I can have small amounts of naughty things and naturally 'fizzy' things like beer and cider but have to take it really slowly, and Diet Coke in very limited quantities and after it's been standing for a bit. I don't make a habit of fizzy things as I really don't want to stretch myself - my tool is too precious! And I dump on two Weetabix also. And that is a staple of my very strict provider. x

I cannot drink fizzy - it hurts! I can drink sweet drinks but choose not to. I can drink spirits with no ill effects but choose not to. Wine sends me immediately squiffy and I dislike it. I cannot gulp a drink but have never had an issue taking pills. You can in the early days crush the pill and take it with a spoonful of yogurt.

As for restriction it varies massively from person to person and even day to day! I have good restriction but what feels like a big pouch. Works for me :)

Can I just ask another question, have I got the right thought about dumping . People suffer with the shakes, sweats fell in well but does it make you go to the loo ? Could you plead explain thank you

I get the two types ..early onset and late onset. The early one, usually because I have had something too sugary or because I have simply eaten far too quickly, makes me feel like I am very drunk, sicky, confused, palaptations, the sweats and a huge uncontrollable desire to go to sleep & I can't avoid it I must sleep. However for the most part it does not always come with a giddy tum unlike the late onset type where I have eaten something too fatty. This is a more of a gradual feeling of the above but not as intense as the early dump but it will have me confined to the loo for an hour or so but it lacks the strong urge to sleep... Hope this helps ;) x

Femfrankie again thank you, I need to get everything straight in my head and I feel I need to get family educated so they know if the need to do anything in the way of helping me. Also because of my job I need to be avoiding this kind of thing. But I will no doubt have a few episodes before I know how it feels. I'm editing this piaster because I should have said that info suffer with a thing called salts diarrhoea, I had my gallbladder out many years ago and I had these funny bouts but never knew what they were caused by until recently, it happens if I eat fatty food or to much sugar, usually at night it's like my body has to get rid from the whole day. There is no warning just happens and that is why I wondered if it was the crude wording of taking a dump ( not words I would usually use) I will have to be extra careful and that's why I want to be prepared :)

Last edited:
I should also have said that not everyone dumps. I just seem to be particularly sensitive but for me that's a good thing as it acts as a deterrent from the naughty stuff ;) x

Yes, Frankie is right about the tiredness! It is mega at times, I agree. However, I am 'lucky' that I don't dump too badly. But that is not ideal as it does act as a deterrent from eating naughty things. I defo get the water-rush tho, when the gurgling can be heard in the next street and my guts take on a life of their own and twitch like I have a dozen frogs jumping about inside. Man!

Yes, Frankie is right about the tiredness! It is mega at times, I agree. However, I am 'lucky' that I don't dump too badly. But that is not ideal as it does act as a deterrent from eating naughty things. I defo get the water-rush tho, when the gurgling can be heard in the next street and my guts take on a life of their own and twitch like I have a dozen frogs jumping about inside. Man!

Hahaha...you got to love those gurgles :eek:

Naughty weekend

Im having a naughty weekend in not going to worry about if I should or shouldn't eat something. I'm going to enjoy every mouthful I eat and not get upset about it. Tonight I'm having home made Nandos with chips one of my favourite meals and I haven't had it for over 6 months. Anyone else letting their hair down the long weekend :)

Im having a naughty weekend in not going to worry about if I should or shouldn't eat something. I'm going to enjoy every mouthful I eat and not get upset about it. Tonight I'm having home made Nandos with chips one of my favourite meals and I haven't had it for over 6 months. Anyone else letting their hair down the long weekend :)
If I hadn't had my op - I would be doing the same - the key thing is doing it mindfully - enjoy, don't feel guilty and above all don't worry xx

I am on my pre op diet!! :) so i will enjoy every mouthful of salad, green veg and more salad i eat :) :)

Enjoy your relaxed weekend!!!

My pre op starts on 10September so I haven't got long to go before I have to go back to being good. Years ago a naughty weekend meant something completely different I must have grown up lol :)

Go have the other sort of naughty weekend :) Doesn't hurt to get into good habits now :)

Im day 12 of the diet, feeling pretty hungry but nothing much else, no more treats for me..have a nice weekend, im off tomorrow so looking forward to a lie in.

Back