• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sandra's Pre Op Diary

Congrats on getting a date.

Hi,
The only vitamins I have had to get is a multi vitamin. When I left hospital they gave me vitamin D and calcium tables, iron tablets and a b12 shot before leaving, as well as laxatives, codiene and soluble paracetamol along with solubile Lansoprazole.
These will then be prescibed by GP from now on.
My pre-op was 2 appointments, a 1 to 1 with a nurse and then a group one with loads of information, diet, pre-operation drugs etc.

Hi,
The only vitamins I have had to get is a multi vitamin. When I left hospital they gave me vitamin D and calcium tables, iron tablets and a b12 shot before leaving, as well as laxatives, codiene and soluble paracetamol along with solubile Lansoprazole.
These will then be prescibed by GP from now on.
My pre-op was 2 appointments, a 1 to 1 with a nurse and then a group one with loads of information, diet, pre-operation drugs etc.
Thankyou ian on the day of my op i have to be there 7.am in the morning so perhaps ill have morning opx

I am not very happy just had a phone call from luton and dunstable to say that they have made a mistake by offering me surgery because they forgot to make me an appointment with the multi discipline team i wasnt very pleased i said but i was put on the waiting list in september and shouldnt of been left this long so now i have an appointment on the 12th of February she said i dont have to see surgeon again so i hope i dont have to wait another 18 weeks im disgusted x

I am not very happy just had a phone call from luton and dunstable to say that they have made a mistake by offering me surgery because they forgot to make me an appointment with the multi discipline team i wasnt very pleased i said but i was put on the waiting list in september and shouldnt of been left this long so now i have an appointment on the 12th of February she said i dont have to see surgeon again so i hope i dont have to wait another 18 weeks im disgusted x

I'm so sorry Sandra. That really does stink. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for a new date. :(

So sorry to hear this xx

Aw Sandra that sucks, I’m so sorry for you, things seem different at L and D now, I didn’t see my surgeon until after my MDT and he put me on the list, so MDT was 1st August and surgeon was 9th November. I’m so sorry for you xxx

Aw Sandra that sucks, I’m so sorry for you, things seem different at L and D now, I didn’t see my surgeon until after my MDT and he put me on the list, so MDT was 1st August and surgeon was 9th November. I’m so sorry for you xxx

thankyou bling when they rang me I was in shock so now I have to have mdt 12th feb if they make me wait another 18 weeks I will complain to pals they should of told me how the hell I saw consultant I don't know then tell me 18 weeks later

thankyou bling when they rang me I was in shock so now I have to have mdt 12th feb if they make me wait another 18 weeks I will complain to pals they should of told me how the hell I saw consultant I don't know then tell me 18 weeks later
I would definitely go to PALS especially if you have it in writing that they offered you the surgery date x

I would definitely go to PALS especially if you have it in writing that they offered you the surgery date x
This morning i feel really upset im confused how can this happen leave me 18 weeks on the list then telling me that i should of seen mdt i have the letter with the date for operation i will complain i am 61 years old with diabetes sleep apnea c.o.p.d so when i see these people what happens next do they put me on the list for another 18 weeks you do evrything they say and then this happens i was looking forward to.my new life now its not happening well i have to now its like starting all over again

This morning i feel really upset im confused how can this happen leave me 18 weeks on the list then telling me that i should of seen mdt i have the letter with the date for operation i will complain i am 61 years old with diabetes sleep apnea c.o.p.d so when i see these people what happens next do they put me on the list for another 18 weeks you do evrything they say and then this happens i was looking forward to.my new life now its not happening well i have to now its like starting all over again
I would feel exactly the same. They are messing with your life. I am 62 and have been very fortunate at Luton. I wish you every success xx

Aw Sandra I wish I could help you feel better, I know it’s so easy to say but try to focus on the bigger picture, for the time being try to pick yourself up, dust yourself down and focus on life after the surgery, negative thoughts are useless energy. I do hope they don’t make you weight too long, hugs to you Hun xxxx

Sandra I didn’t mean that to sound harsh, I just read it back and worried xxx

Back