• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2016 Surgeries

Oh Lordy I've been puking all day. Prime suspect is a crab pate with ryvita thins. Can't move too far from my trusty bucket. Yuk.

Was supposed to have my first follow up appointment and band fill tomorrow but been told today tht my consultant has left the hospital so they have to source a new consultant and get back to me. It's going to be another 2 weeks at least before I see anyone. Haven't lost any weight for 2.5 weeks, so was really looking forward to getting my band filled..getting pissed off not losing any

Is anyone else waking up hungry during the night? This was one of the things I was dreading post op, and expected it very soon after op, but it has now hit me at week 7 and happening most nights. I am eating more now and am doing two tea plates a day, lots of protein plus breakfast.

Can't decide whether it is me or the Black Dog that is hungry, but it isn't helping our sleep, or our tempers. :badmood::eatdrink023:

No I have no experience of that, pre or post surgery. Do you think your mood is low at the moment anyway? It sounds like it's in danger of becoming a bit of a vicious circle with the disrupted sleep and short tempers :(

i am def. feeling hungry again, esp last thing at night def not waking up in the night. i think this must be a mind over matter thing. distract yourself and make sure you have a warm skimmed milk at bedtime and a hot bath/ hot sex?

i have got into a nasty habit of weighing myself last thing at night though... happy with the pounds coming off which does make me more determined. but, does make me constantly think about weight loss so am wary that i'm getting boring. when i get to a weight that is within striking distance of goal i'm hoping i'll stop being so obsessive. but for now i'm still heavier than most and the weight i'm celebrating now (3 stone lost) is mid 20 stone, which is still heavier than most people start at. i look at some starting weights with envy.. and feel bad about that as it's still someone's burden to them.

i am def. feeling hungry again, esp last thing at night def not waking up in the night. i think this must be a mind over matter thing. distract yourself and make sure you have a warm skimmed milk at bedtime and a hot bath/ hot sex?

i have got into a nasty habit of weighing myself last thing at night though... happy with the pounds coming off which does make me more determined. but, does make me constantly think about weight loss so am wary that i'm getting boring. when i get to a weight that is within striking distance of goal i'm hoping i'll stop being so obsessive. but for now i'm still heavier than most and the weight i'm celebrating now (3 stone lost) is mid 20 stone, which is still heavier than most people start at. i look at some starting weights with envy.. and feel bad about that as it's still someone's burden to them.
Don't have a bath, only a shower, and no man either :( I have been more physically active this week so that may be why. I will only allow myself a once a week weigh in as i know it fluctuates each day, and don't want anything else to be depressed at!

Hot shower and relaxing movie?? No man needed for either of those :)

Promised (in hope) my hubby that when I lost weight my boobs would probably be safe..he's a boob man...as I had good boobs when I was slimmer. Put a proper bra in for the first time today (been wearing crop top/sports bra type things since the surgery for comfort) and I could fit an extra boob in there!!!! Sorry if tmi!! Just made me lol!!

Attachments

• IMG_2914.JPG
    IMG_2914.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
I am definitely feeling hunger @SAM55 and I have been since week one. I must admit, I didn't expect to :(
Sorry to hear that Mazza. I fortunately didn't to start with after op, and I had to remind myself to eat or I could easily forget, so it did give me an indication (probably for the first time) what it was like not to feel hungry, and I was able to use that as a bench mark of how much i had eaten to measure times when I did feel hungry, and whether it was head hunger or I hadn't eaten enough. I have been able to identify whether it was tiredness, stress, loneliness, boredom, and this weekend, the need to eat more and often when I am suffering with a cold.

Do you still feel hungry immediately after you have eaten the quantity you should have, and still have room for more?

I feel hungry when I should, i.e before meals but what I'm able to eat isn't sufficient to keep me full........

I do still get hungry but not to the extent that I did before where it was almost a panic about needing to eat.

Please can someone remind me why we should leave 30 minutes between eating and drinking? Because i am so thirsty with my cold I have been slack in doing this and haven't noticed any ill effects. Should I or will they feature further down the line? I am 8 weeks post op. Thanks

Please can someone remind me why we should leave 30 minutes between eating and drinking? Because i am so thirsty with my cold I have been slack in doing this and haven't noticed any ill effects. Should I or will they feature further down the line? I am 8 weeks post op. Thanks
I was told it was because it would wash food through my stomach more quickly and that would make me feel hungry again more quickly.

Back