• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2016 Surgeries

I can't believe this but I go in on Monday. I have been on LRD for 11 days. I haven't said before as worried about jinxing it but I am packing my bag.

The only thing is I feel quite ashamed. I've lost quite a bit in 11 days. So why can't I do this all the time:(

Good luck fellow September losers
i am going on Monday too, and I know exactly what you mean. I have been on the LRD for 6 weeks now, and you can see the weight dropping off me. Weigh day tomorrow so I don't know what I weigh, but I am wearing a pair of jeans that I couldn't get done up a week or two ago and they are starting to get loose on me now. Why can't I lose weight myself? I suppose the answer isn't so much to do with losing the weight, but keeping it off.

i am going on Monday too, and I know exactly what you mean. I have been on the LRD for 6 weeks now, and you can see the weight dropping off me. Weigh day tomorrow so I don't know what I weigh, but I am wearing a pair of jeans that I couldn't get done up a week or two ago and they are starting to get loose on me now. Why can't I lose weight myself? I suppose the answer isn't so much to do with losing the weight, but keeping it off.

I know what you saying clothes less snug now for me too. It's the keeping off that frustrating for me to. I could lose a stone then put on 1.5 stone.

I am a bit scared but think that's probably normal:)

I know what you saying clothes less snug now for me too. It's the keeping off that frustrating for me to. I could lose a stone then put on 1.5 stone.

I am a bit scared but think that's probably normal:)
I am terrified! I haven't been in hospital since my mother died (dementia/old age) I hate being ill and am dreading the feeling post-op. Convinced I will be one that has all the problems and I know I'm thinking nonsense! I think its just part of getting ready for a big operation and completely normal. Good luck, I bet you will sail through it :)

I can't believe this but I go in on Monday. I have been on LRD for 11 days. I haven't said before as worried about jinxing it but I am packing my bag.

The only thing is I feel quite ashamed. I've lost quite a bit in 11 days. So why can't I do this all the time:(

Good luck fellow September losers
Thanks MMM. I too have packed my bag today. I weighed myself this morning and have been surprised at how much I have lost on LRD over 14 days, most of it last week so a lot of that loss was water, (and also could I have done this before) but I don't think this 800 calorie milk diet is sustainable long term without the surgery as a motivation. Don't feel ashamed, there is nothing to be ashamed of. x

Good luck with your op. Hope all goes smoothly xx

Thanks MMM. I too have packed my bag today. I weighed myself this morning and have been surprised at how much I have lost on LRD over 14 days, most of it last week so a lot of that loss was water, (and also could I have done this before) but I don't think this 800 calorie milk diet is sustainable long term without the surgery as a motivation. Don't feel ashamed, there is nothing to be ashamed of. x

So that's 3 of us on Monday! Good luck to you too :)

Huge good luck to you too x

I'll be thinking of you all :)

Hi everybody, new here my bypass is 13th September Claremont Hospital Sheffield, started the milk diet on day 3 now

Welcome, good luck with your diet!

The only thing is I feel quite ashamed. I've lost quite a bit in 11 days. So why can't I do this all the time

Like the others before me, I feel like that too. But there's nothing to be ashamed of. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow.

Back