• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

September 2016 Surgeries

erscrack

Thanks you I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow,, but saw a consultant friend today and has suggested I could have low sugar levels,but will get it checked out

JakkiD

See I was really different from above. I felt great after husband was there and home next day to the little one.

Sore but not as painful as expected
This is what im hoping for @milliemollymandi1234 but obviously noone can tell, im hoping ill be so ecstatic at just waking up that ill be ok :rolleyes: ive spoken to my 12 year old and asked her would it bother her more seeing me really sleepy or waiting til the next day and she said she would rather see me no matter what so depending on where I am in the list ill go with her lead I think, thank you for the positive reply x

JakkiD

Anyone any tips on what may make things better dietwise today, im obviously still on the LRD, but have read fluids only 24 hours before (milk/shakes) can make things easier? Im certainly not thinking like a nurse today, im definately a patient!!

Want2b3

Anyone any tips on what may make things better dietwise today, im obviously still on the LRD, but have read fluids only 24 hours before (milk/shakes) can make things easier? Im certainly not thinking like a nurse today, im definately a patient!!
Well I had soup and sandwiches for tea evening before as no LRd in hospital for me and had not eaten all day due to traveling and worried I would not get there in time despite being 3 hrs early lol! I wish I hadn't eaten to give my stomach the Chance to be as small as possible being pulled out as surgeon said it was huge eek! Died of embarrassment but the pain of that wound may have been less if smaller. Only other thing is less risk of sickness maybe after surgery? One thing I am glad of is that I was not sick the retching would hurt like hell I imagine.

JakkiD

How many mls were people managing the first day or 2? I know its ridiculously early but I figure you lovely people are better fonts of knowledge! They turned my IV fluids off around 9am this morning and I reckon Ive managed about 500mls, but everythings caught up with me now im so tired x

LittleMissNom

I didn't know what was going in really I just constantly tried. It was very slow. Just sip all the time. It wasn't much but goes up quickly. Hope you feeling OK:)

Last edited:

LittleMissNom

It's nice that's it's all gone to plan!! Take the success and keep going :) good luck with the liquids, I can still taste the hospital meat broth and peppermint tea... yummy.... lol :)

Want2b3

Did anyone try jelly and runny reddiebrek in the liquid stage? How did it go? I am a bit confused when it says clear liquids but then can have yogurts jelly weetabix etc. I am 10 days post op and scared mainly due to the effects of what I found is milk causing severe stomach cramps. So have not got passed water tea clear soup only as options and Horlicks off the menu. I should be moving on to purée in a few days. How difficult is it for the stomach the thicker foods going in? I don't want anymore of those stomach cramps.

MrsN

My dietician and surgeon were very clear that it's clear liquid only - even soup can only be a broth.

Want2b3

That's what I thought @MrsN but the diet sheet I was given said weetabix, porridge, yogurts, jelly, custard. I am going to wait till 2 weeks clear before trying this stuff. How long did they say clear liquids to you?

MrsN

That's what I thought @MrsN but the diet sheet I was given said weetabix, porridge, yogurts, jelly, custard. I am going to wait till 2 weeks clear before trying this stuff. How long did they say clear liquids to you?

2 weeks. I'll be bored by then.

SAM55

Mine was clear and nutritious liquids Want2B3. The nutritious ones all include milk or yoghurt, even the smooth thin soup. It is very important you get the protein in so if you have stopped milk all together and not found a substitute then i would suggest you speak to your dietitian asap as it is a vital ingredient of healing. I did eat NAS jelly without too much trouble but it only added slightly to my fluid content, and a change of taste, due to the amount, but added no nutrition whatsover.

SAM55

Or, it could make you bring whats in there back up. Either way, not what you want.

Hope you feel better soon @SAM55 x
Asked surgeon on Thursday and he said before could fill me up and not allow enough room for protein and after could make what food i ate swell before it was digested.

Want2b3

Mine was clear and nutritious liquids Want2B3. The nutritious ones all include milk or yoghurt, even the smooth thin soup. It is very important you get the protein in so if you have stopped milk all together and not found a substitute then i would suggest you speak to your dietitian asap as it is a vital ingredient of healing. I did eat NAS jelly without too much trouble but it only added slightly to my fluid content, and a change of taste, due to the amount, but added no nutrition whatsover.
Thanks SAM55 I will contact dietician tomorrow re protein. However I should be starting purée on Wednesday I can blitz chicken then.

Mazza

Administrator
Staff member
Pah. Just typed a really long post then it went.

So I had a blood test last week then went through the results with the bariatric nurse. All good at the high end of the range, particularly iron?

Anyway vitamin d was slightly under at 43, they would like me to be 50. But most people will the same as me as it's winter.

Back on x 2 vitamin D with calcium (the double d's - snigger) and I do feel better for it!

In other news after a two week stall I'm down another kilo which I'm really pleased with. Hoping to still get to 100kg or below before xmas. So watch this space.

Finally I have sustained a kettlebell injury. My PT was not sympathetic at all and said "oh well, at least its not both arms" :rolleyes:

Attachments

• 20161128_110424.jpg
    20161128_110424.jpg
    801.9 KB · Views: 6