• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slimpip's Sleeve Jan'14

Good Luck to you both!! xx :D

Ermmm…weird I think would be the word. I have felt very 'off' today. Bought some Senna tablets today and it says to take them before bed, so I will. I have never felt so 'backed up' in my life! It's made me feel very sluggish, heavy and tummy achey if that's such a thing. The day itself has been ok, busy at work and just counting down the days now. It's a week on Tuesday arghhhh. How was yours hun? X

Try as much as poss to drink extra water...this will also help....xxx

Thanks Clare, today is operation water!!! I'm going to be 1/2 fish by the end of this hehe. So I've been going to bed pretty early since being on this diet, my energy levels are pretty poor. I've been lying in bed, in that in between awake and asleep phase just day dreaming suppose you'd call in about what I will look like when I'm slimmer. I look at those before and after pictures and think to myself that they coud be a different person. Will I look like a differnt person? Have you tried to picture yourself as a size you've never been? (well not in good memory)…it's really weird, but kind of exciting too. I have been thinking about what style of clothes i'll like to wear, what will suit me and what I might do with my hair haha, call me vain but it's a major motivation for me.

Something else you should know about me, if we are going to journey together…another of the major motivations for having the sleeve is my wanting to have a baby, hopefully next year or the year after. I have miscarried being at this weight, and can't bear to think that it might be because of being fat meaning I can't keep hold of a baby. My surgeon has told me I should be able to start trying after 1yr post surgery!! Very exciting!!! X

Glug Glug Glug :)

I've been doin that as well.... re summer & New improved me... which is now us! I've been a hermit for 18months....life's just passed by & with the passing of my Dad last summer I need to 'take control back' forever & start living!

Ps baby plan is a fantastic motivator!!!! Nothing comes close except puppies :)

Hugs Pip xxx

Urghhhhh the whole 'backing up' situation is not improving. I have had 3 lots of Senna now and nothing has happened. I feel really groce, like everything I eat and drink is just sat there with nowhere to go. It's uncomfortable and making me feel very sluggish and therefore I am ringing first thing in the morning to a friend of a friend who does Colonic Hydrotherapy and booking myself in asap. I was reading up about it and they reckon you can have between 1-10kg of old poo knocking around in your colon at any one time…ewwww! Anybody else had it done? Things like this don't get me nervous, just want my system to get bloody moving haha! X

Urghhhhh the whole 'backing up' situation is not improving. I have had 3 lots of Senna now and nothing has happened. I feel really groce, like everything I eat and drink is just sat there with nowhere to go. It's uncomfortable and making me feel very sluggish and therefore I am ringing first thing in the morning to a friend of a friend who does Colonic Hydrotherapy and booking myself in asap. I was reading up about it and they reckon you can have between 1-10kg of old poo knocking around in your colon at any one time...ewwww! Anybody else had it done? Things like this don't get me nervous, just want my system to get bloody moving haha! X

That's not good! I haven't had a colonic done before but I have heard about to old poo hanging around. If you get it done let me know how it goes! Good thoughts!

Lol..... duclolax will shift it 1st thing if you take 2 before bedtime..BUT...make sure you're close to the loo & not got to be anywhere for couple of hours!!!

Use Dulcolax - take 2 at bed time. I don't think a colonic is a good idea, it flushes your entire system of good bacteria. Try an enema which only works the lower end of your tract and will get things moving easily. Also, glycerin suppositories work very well.

Thanks for the advice Neisie but I've gone ahead and booked it, my colleague is a nurse and she absolutely raves about them :), it's a week today, the day before the op…what a fun filled week I shall be having haha.

Having a bit of a stressy time at work at the moment, there are hints of redundancies etc which have got me quaking in my boots with my upcoming sick leave. Oh well, can't worry about that now, but it aint helping that's for sure.

In other news….I 'went' this morning. It was by no means normal but it was something and I'm dead pleased haha. Have lose 7 pounds in 1 week and 10 pounds overall since Jan 1st. I will never again see the number 22 in terms of stones weighed. Whoop x

Hey to whomever is reading :) Urgh today has been a tough day, felt really hungry all day and craved food, I just wanted to chomp dow on a KFC or something. I am sick to death of this milk diet now…would very much like to hibernate until the weekend is through. But hey ho, that's the way it goes and I won't waver, I promise hehe.

5 more days to go and on the 6th day I will be off to the hospital, eeeeek! X

Hey to whomever is reading :) Urgh today has been a tough day, felt really hungry all day and craved food, I just wanted to chomp dow on a KFC or something. I am sick to death of this milk diet now...would very much like to hibernate until the weekend is through. But hey ho, that's the way it goes and I won't waver, I promise hehe. 5 more days to go and on the 6th day I will be off to the hospital, eeeeek! X

I remember feeling really hungry on my pre-op diet and I wasn't on the milk diet, I was on low cal, low carb, low fat ect, so all I ate over Christmas was salad and muller yoghuts!!! But since my op (19 days post sleeve) I haven't once felt hungry!!!!! It feels really odd to try and explain to people - but I usually feel like I have just had a nice dinner - feeling full but not uncomfortable :). Although I do miss 'chewing' what I would do to chew a lovely piece of meat!!!!!

Your op day will be here before you know it, and it will all be worth it at the end of the day!!! Well done you, keep strong!!!! Xxxx

Thanks Salliebeth!! Yeah I know it's a very short amount of time but when you're in it, it feels like forever! Haha. I must stop moaning!

On a happier note, I haven't seen much of my mum since doing the milk diet and I saw her today and she said she could notice I'd lost some weight. Down 12lbs as of this morning :) x

hi slimpip sorry not been on for little while been poorley wow they moved your op forward !!! bet you just want it over with now I no how you feel my ops still on for 13th feb , I go for my pre op on 29th can you tell me what I can expect and how long does it take thanks , I been doing the Cambridge diet for 4 weeks now lost a stone I do 3 shakes and 200 cal meal to stop the constipation I been taking 2 teaspoons fibre works a treat only had constipation once dr given me some movical if I need it I would recommend seeing gp for some as not eating a lot you will suffer with constipation on and of , I am not looking forward to dropping to 4 shakes , your doing really well hunny and I wish you luck x

Thanks Salliebeth!! Yeah I know it's a very short amount of time but when you're in it, it feels like forever! Haha. I must stop moaning!

On a happier note, I haven't seen much of my mum since doing the milk diet and I saw her today and she said she could notice I'd lost some weight. Down 12lbs as of this morning :) x

Good luck :)

Thanks ladies...officially lost a stone pre-op!!! Whoooooop x

Thanks hun!! Today has been amazing…me and the other half decided that this weekend I should eat. rather than do the milk diet (I'm allowed to switch between the plans as long as it's not midway through the day) so that's what we did!! I've had salmon, broccoli and cabbage for lunch and fillet steak and oven roasted veg for tea! GLORIOUS. It's actually given me such a boost as time is really dragging before the op now and I'm just waiting!

The reason why it's such a good thing is that I've really concentrated on GOOD food today, I've had beautiful salmon from the fish counter and fillet steak, cooked beautifully rare and such a small portion too! But it was incredible and I am happily full and satisfied, with no carbs and no scoffing. It's sort of like a vision for the future, protein heavy, low carb, good quality food over huge quantity. Ramble over, apologies.

In other news, just updated my ticker and realised that having lost 1stone exactly, it's taen me under 300lbs. Yey, first landmark of weight loss! X

Thanks hun!! Today has been amazing...me and the other half decided that this weekend I should eat. rather than do the milk diet (I'm allowed to switch between the plans as long as it's not midway through the day) so that's what we did!! I've had salmon, broccoli and cabbage for lunch and fillet steak and oven roasted veg for tea! GLORIOUS. It's actually given me such a boost as time is really dragging before the op now and I'm just waiting! The reason why it's such a good thing is that I've really concentrated on GOOD food today, I've had beautiful salmon from the fish counter and fillet steak, cooked beautifully rare and such a small portion too! But it was incredible and I am happily full and satisfied, with no carbs and no scoffing. It's sort of like a vision for the future, protein heavy, low carb, good quality food over huge quantity. Ramble over, apologies. In other news, just updated my ticker and realised that having lost 1stone exactly, it's taen me under 300lbs. Yey, first landmark of weight loss! X

Sounds great!!! Well done on the weight loss so far!!! The filet steak you described has had my mouth watering - I love steak and haven't had it for ages, and I'm still on liquid diet post op!!! I would kill to chew a lovely piece of meat!!!! Xxxx

Back