• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Slimpip's Sleeve Jan'14

Thanks hun!! Today has been amazing...me and the other half decided that this weekend I should eat. rather than do the milk diet (I'm allowed to switch between the plans as long as it's not midway through the day) so that's what we did!! I've had salmon, broccoli and cabbage for lunch and fillet steak and oven roasted veg for tea! GLORIOUS. It's actually given me such a boost as time is really dragging before the op now and I'm just waiting!

The reason why it's such a good thing is that I've really concentrated on GOOD food today, I've had beautiful salmon from the fish counter and fillet steak, cooked beautifully rare and such a small portion too! But it was incredible and I am happily full and satisfied, with no carbs and no scoffing. It's sort of like a vision for the future, protein heavy, low carb, good quality food over huge quantity. Ramble over, apologies.

In other news, just updated my ticker and realised that having lost 1stone exactly, it's taen me under 300lbs. Yey, first landmark of weight loss! X

Excellent! Positive steps now will only help you to greater success post op! :) Congrats on being amazingly awesome! ;)

Excellent! Positive steps now will only help you to greater success post op! :) Congrats on being amazingly awesome! ;)

Thanks bab! That's so nice, well done to you, you're my inspiration for next week, carry on being fab!!!! xx

ARGH I go into hospital tomorrow and my colonic is in 1.5hrs...eeeeek! Glutten for punishment I reckon. Hope it's not horrible, then the rest of the day can be spent chilling out and packing my hospital bag. It's soooooooo close!!!! X

ARGH I go into hospital tomorrow and my colonic is in 1.5hrs...eeeeek! Glutten for punishment I reckon. Hope it's not horrible, then the rest of the day can be spent chilling out and packing my hospital bag. It's soooooooo close!!!! X

Good thoughts! It'll be over before you know it and then the fun and rewards begin! :)

Well I had a very patchy night's sleep, I wonder why haha. It's daft really because the operation isn't until tomorrow so really today will be pretty dull. Still...I've got the jitters haha. My phone died on me on Sunday so I have a brick of a loan phone with no internet access or anything....NOOOOO what crappy timing?? Still, best go and pack my bag, get showered and ready and off I jolly well go! X

Hey slim, hope everything went great and I hope you're doing well!! Xxx

Kirsty

.....just me again ....dropping by!
I kinda remember you mentioning you'd not have a phone in hospital, but hoping your ok chick!!!
XXX

Hey ladies...I'm home at last. I'm going to do a proper update tomorrow but just wanted to thank you for your well wishes and let you know I'm ok. I had a bit of a rough ride but I'm home now and that's all that matters. Until tomorrow then....XXXXXXX

Glad you're home Pip, get lots of rest x x x

Kirsty

Hey ladies...I'm home at last. I'm going to do a proper update tomorrow but just wanted to thank you for your well wishes and let you know I'm ok. I had a bit of a rough ride but I'm home now and that's all that matters. Until tomorrow then....XXXXXXX

Lots of rest and tlc by your nearest and dearest. Look forward to hearing your losses! Xx

Take it easy slim pip!!! Glad your home, there's nothing like sleeping in your own bed!!! Take care and welcome to the losers bench!!! Xxxx. Hugs xxxx

Heyyyyy, time for my update I think...

So I went into Shrewsbury Royal on Tuesday afternoon, ready for my op on Wednesday morning (29th), I was expecting to go down at 08.30 but got slightly delayed as they'd left my blood samples out too long and they'd started to clot so couldn't be used, so they let someone else go before me, so I ended up going down at 10.30 ish. No drama, just mega nerves. Next thing I know I come round, just about and fall straight back to sleep!!! I semi hear things going on around me but cannot for the life of me open my eyes to acknowledge them.

After several hours of sleep etc I wake up a bit and am told everything went very smoothly and they were happy with my liver shrinkage etc. Great!! Then from that point up until I'd say Friday night was pretty crap!!! I couldn't stop being sick, and they kept wanting me to take oral medication which clearly was not helping! My temp kept spiking but I felt cold and was shivering and i had so many blood tests and obs taken that I couldn't rest preoperly either.

Then to top it off, they said I had to go for an xray of my new stomach where they make you drink this vile liquid (extremely difficult when you've been constantly vomiting and wretching). I got incredibly anxious about this but the nurses were fab and kept me smiling (when I wasn't crying haha) anyway, I got through that just about and he said all looked ok.

They were insistent that I needed to bring my temperature down before they'd let me go home so kept trying to force liquid paracetamol down my neck, which I instantly threw back up, which hurt so bad with the wretching on my new stomach :( but I asked my other half to bring in some calpol and could still ony manage the equivalent of 1 paracetamol and that took me 30mins and a lot of deep breathing! I was getting a bit worried at this point, thinking oh god I am just not getting better, the wind pain was still catching me when I drank (very small amounts) and that was excrutiating!!!

And then...thank goodness my temperature starting to drop (a tiny bit) and the wretching began to drop off and they finally said that they didn't think there was much more they could do for me and that I might settle better at home and voilaaaaa, here I am.

I feel much better at home, although didn't actually have the best night's sleep. I got used to being propped up on the hospital bed and found my lovely (usually gorgeously comfortable) bed very soft and I couldn't quite get settled. Today I have had some soup for lunch, about a ramekin's worth and I've had an actimel for breakfast, some fortimel although I am finding this very difficult as it's so groce!! Oh and the vitamin drops....ewwwwwwwwww. That's it folks :) xxx

So pleased you made it home eventually, there's no better place when feeling poorly. sounds like you had a very rough ride, but you were in good hands, which is a little comforting. Now its time to get lots of rest and recover quickly :) congrats on making it to the losers bench hun. Sending virtual hugs and healing vibes x x x

Yay! Glad to hear you're home safe. They tried to get me to take the liquid paracetamol but the taste just wouldn't let me do it. They finally let me have soluble ones with strict instructions not to drink it til it was flat. Home is definitely nicer than hospital though I agree about the bed situation. Keep us posted how you're getting on. :)

Back