• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

SOUTHERN MEET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reading is lovely, I used to live there ;) The Oracle is a nice meeting place, shopping centre with a canal running through the middle with restaurants and bars along each bank. Very nice.

Here you go, found their website The Oracle - Welcome

Not sure if I'll be able to get down for a south meet, will depend on finances nearer the time. My fathers not that far away from there so would have somewhere to stay though!

Why not post a thread in the meets section :) People are usually well up for a weekend away, youll find whatever venue you suggest will suit a good few people :)

We had this crop up on the northern meet thread...

TBH, I am not sure if we are ready to throw ourselves into the big M'mins meet-up scene yet!!!

I get the feeling - and correct me if I am wrong, fellow WLS'ers - that it would be nice for us to meet as a small group first, then perhaps the next meet could include others.

I know that I for have days where I'm not that confident, and I am nervous enough meeting new peeps that I have been chatting to for months and months online... let alone a whole group of lovely peeps that I have never chatted to at all!!! :eek:

Thoughts... :confused:

x

There are some nice hotels around Reading, as well as in the actual town itself... I will do a little lookie and post some suggestions nearer the time.

Anyone else have any suggestions for places to meet up? We could always go to Chichester... I know of one 'tourist spot' that some of you lovely ladies would definitely be up for visiting... but on a strictly no-touching basis, of course... or else it could get ugly!!! :rolleyes: ;)

:giggle:

x

I used to run a couple of hotels near reading, but they were £120 a night 9-10 years ago so lord only knows how much they'd cost now!

TBH, I am not sure if we are ready to throw ourselves into the big M'mins meet-up scene yet!!!

I get the feeling - and correct me if I am wrong, fellow WLS'ers - that it would be nice for us to meet as a small group first, then perhaps the next meet could include others.

I know that I for have days where I'm not that confident, and I am nervous enough meeting new peeps that I have been chatting to for months and months online... let alone a whole group of lovely peeps that I have never chatted to at all!!! :eek:

x

Personally i'm not that worried who or how many others turn up, so long as they are all women :D but do understand your point Ols ;)

I stayed in one back in 2006, was on a huge lake and was rather posh... it cost only 40 quid a night then, so I will check it out again :)

x

Reading is lovely, I used to live there ;) The Oracle is a nice meeting place, shopping centre with a canal running through the middle with restaurants and bars along each bank. Very nice.

Here you go, found their website The Oracle - Welcome

Not sure if I'll be able to get down for a south meet, will depend on finances nearer the time. My fathers not that far away from there so would have somewhere to stay though!

shel - thats a shame, was hoping for a go on your leccy chair :D

I'll have to see if I can find some training or a conference near by, and get work to pay for my petrol lol :D

My muppet-mobile is ace, us disabled types are thick so it doesn't have 'fast' and 'slow' on the speed dial, it has a hare and a tortoise instead!

I'll have to see if I can find some training or a conference near by, and get work to pay for my petrol lol :D

My muppet-mobile is ace, us disabled types are thick so it doesn't have 'fast' and 'slow' on the speed dial, it has a hare and a tortoise instead!

Ha ha - might have a go at driving it through the high street, run some old codgers down :D
Could tie a rope to it and tow Caroline on her skate board lol :D

Cripes!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just checked the prices for the Copthorne hotel!!! Over 100 squidlies!!!

No way...

x

x

I thought that before my first meet. Went to Newcastle in Jan, on my own to meet a whole stack of folk Id never met before and it was fantastic.

Remember tho they may not have had WLS we're all on the same journey, and what ever size you are you can bet there will be someone bigger. And however shy you are, there will be someone shyer.

They really are great weekends. Dont be put off - we're a harmless bunch I promise ;)

I'm up for a Southern meet for sure - after Christmas would be great too (skint before then - all that shopping!) Any other ideas - does it have to be Reading - I am a bit thick with geography, but is that central?? Anyway add my name to the list and will see what I can do as I can't make Manchester this time round :)

Back