• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery 19 September

Weight loss is very strange. We had our ruby wedding anniversary on Sunday and I ate more this week than I have done since before surgery and also had 3 glasses of champagne, so not looked forward to the scales and only went and lost 5 lbs! 14 stone 1.5 lbs. made my day x

Weight loss is very strange. We had our ruby wedding anniversary on Sunday and I ate more this week than I have done since before surgery and also had 3 glasses of champagne, so not looked forward to the scales and only went and lost 5 lbs! 14 stone 1.5 lbs. made my day x
That’s brilliant! Your body may have needed extra food and liked the fact it has had a variety of food. Happy ruby wedding anniversary! X

Always so lovely to speak to you and so looking forward to seeing you, what an impressive loss this week, there really is no rhyme or reason to this weight loss malarkey but your doing incredibly well working with it. Big hugs lovely xxxxx

Always so lovely to speak to you and so looking forward to seeing you, what an impressive loss this week, there really is no rhyme or reason to this weight loss malarkey but your doing incredibly well working with it. Big hugs lovely xxxxx
I can’t wait to see you either xx

Congratulations on your Ruby wedding anniversary and an impressive loss hunny xxx

That is bloody marvellous, well done! And congratulations on your ruby wedding anniversary. Sometimes a little bit of extra food is what our bodies need xx

So a little blip this week, put on 1.5 lb. luckily for me I had my check up at Luton hospital on Thursday and had a really good chat with the dietician. I have to tweak things and really work on this properly. Got to get more fluids in, ditch carbs, eat more protein, put cutlery down between mouthfuls and most importantly eat much slower. Also if I have not finished my meal after 20 minutes to throw what is left away. I think I have become a bit lapse so will certainly give this advice a real go. I had lost over 21 lbs since I was last there in November and they said they were pleased with me. So all good and positive

So a little blip this week, put on 1.5 lb. luckily for me I had my check up at Luton hospital on Thursday and had a really good chat with the dietician. I have to tweak things and really work on this properly. Got to get more fluids in, ditch carbs, eat more protein, put cutlery down between mouthfuls and most importantly eat much slower. Also if I have not finished my meal after 20 minutes to throw what is left away. I think I have become a bit lapse so will certainly give this advice a real go. I had lost over 21 lbs since I was last there in November and they said they were pleased with me. So all good and positive
You’re doing well, Marie. Out of interest, what’s your average daily diet? You will notice a difference if you ditch the carbs. They never do me any favours! Are you still eating small portions?

You’re doing well, Marie. Out of interest, what’s your average daily diet? You will notice a difference if you ditch the carbs. They never do me any favours! Are you still eating small portions?
Hi Missyme I think my portions are small but the dietician feels I am probably eating too much. It is a hard one as I do feel hungry and don’t always feel the restriction as I hoped I would which is why she stressed I need to eat slower to fill the pouch more slowly. I will try it but also feel I am happy as long as I continue to lose weight.

Hi Missyme I think my portions are small but the dietician feels I am probably eating too much. It is a hard one as I do feel hungry and don’t always feel the restriction as I hoped I would which is why she stressed I need to eat slower to fill the pouch more slowly. I will try it but also feel I am happy as long as I continue to lose weight.
I eat porridge but will now switch to eggs, salad with meat or fish, have to ditch bread, and a small meal in the evening and sometimes use a ready meal to keep the portion small. The dietician said at 5 months from surgery I should only be able to eat half a ready meal which will be difficult for me again because I feel hungry but going to give it my best shot x

I eat porridge but will now switch to eggs, salad with meat or fish, have to ditch bread, and a small meal in the evening and sometimes use a ready meal to keep the portion small. The dietician said at 5 months from surgery I should only be able to eat half a ready meal which will be difficult for me again because I feel hungry but going to give it my best shot x
I have had porridge occasionally through the purée/ soft food stage. I could eat it every day as my pouch feels so settled with it, but I resist. I have it at the weekend sometimes. Oats are actually not all bad. However, if you’re also having bread or other carbs on top of this then it will be carb overload. Why don’t you allow yourself oats 1 or 2 times a week so you’re not going completely without? I’m hoping the bypass will allow us to not totally eradicate everything from our diets but it will enable us to do this in moderation. My problem with food is totally eradicating things for a few months and then bingeing on them as I feel deprived. That’s the cycle I hope to break. Pre-op, I mainly stayed away from bread, pasta, rice, potatoes etc so that’s an area I feel I mastered a long time ago. I have cauliflower rice, courgette spaghetti or just a pile of veg/salad. If I do have any carbs, it would be a sweet potato at the weekend and porridge or branflakes. I would not dream of having white bread. So what I’m saying (in a very long way) is if you limit the amount and type of carbs, you will probably find it makes a difference. With ready meals, they’re processed so are not the best either. I tend to cook my own and freeze into small portions, then you I don’t feel the need to eat the rest of the ready meal or what’s on my plate. I know I would want to as I hate leaving/wasting food. Something I’m working on! You can google Slimming World recipes that use ingredients from scratch and are quick and easy. I’m obviously only 7 weeks out on this journey and by 5 months I’m sure my portion sizes will increase and I may be in a similar situation!

Ditto lovely don’t beat yourself up xxx I like Missy’s advice about not completely depriving yourself of thing but carbs are the worst, big hugs xxxx

Slow weight loss at the moment. Lost half a pound last week and three quarters of a pound this week. Still trying to get under 14 stone. At least I am losing something but it is hard work
Well done Maria. It’s still moving in the right direction. Did you change your food at all?

It could be. Sometimes weight can slow/stall for a while and then suddenly start moving again.

Slow weight loss at the moment. Lost half a pound last week and three quarters of a pound this week. Still trying to get under 14 stone. At least I am losing something but it is hard work

A loss is a loss lovely lady. It is very hard, mine has slowed down and even stopped for the last few weeks but we have to remember how far we’ve come xx

Back