• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Surgery 19 September

Feeling super happy. Had a session with my physio lady yesterday and she told me my pelvic floor has really improved since she first saw me in January and she said as long as I don’t do the jumps I can try combat again at the gym in about a month. We are working on specific exercises to help me do squats and lunges. I am soooo excited to hopefully get back to normal. It has been such a long wait as I have not been able to do combat since October xxxx

Feeling super happy. Had a session with my physio lady yesterday and she told me my pelvic floor has really improved since she first saw me in January and she said as long as I don’t do the jumps I can try combat again at the gym in about a month. We are working on specific exercises to help me do squats and lunges. I am soooo excited to hopefully get back to normal. It has been such a long wait as I have not been able to do combat since October xxxx
That’s great I bet Alan can’t wait for you to start combat again :rotflmao: xxx

Fabulous Maria xx

So this time next week I will either be on the table or (hopefully) in recovery. That's such a strange thought. I'm doing alright on the milk diet, so no problems there. I've pretty much gotten everything together and wrapped up at work now and I'm looking forward to my mom and sister arriving on Monday. The next few days are going to absolutely fly by.

Richie is, however, starting to show signs of uncertainty over what's to come. He's obviously worried about the surgery itself, but he says that it's the unknown afterwards that bothers him and has said that he is scared that this is going to really change me beyond the weight. I don't know how to respond to this apart from try to reassure him. I know for a lot of people that are my size they tend to hide away from the world in many ways, but I've never let my weight hold me back in that respect so I can't imagine that changing too much. When I try to find out exactly what's bothering him, he can't really seem to put his finger on it.

So this time next week I will either be on the table or (hopefully) in recovery. That's such a strange thought. I'm doing alright on the milk diet, so no problems there. I've pretty much gotten everything together and wrapped up at work now and I'm looking forward to my mom and sister arriving on Monday. The next few days are going to absolutely fly by.

Richie is, however, starting to show signs of uncertainty over what's to come. He's obviously worried about the surgery itself, but he says that it's the unknown afterwards that bothers him and has said that he is scared that this is going to really change me beyond the weight. I don't know how to respond to this apart from try to reassure him. I know for a lot of people that are my size they tend to hide away from the world in many ways, but I've never let my weight hold me back in that respect so I can't imagine that changing too much. When I try to find out exactly what's bothering him, he can't really seem to put his finger on it.
Reassurance is the best medicine. I know I could not have done this without Alan and he is delighted with how I am and I am sure Richie will be too xxx

LOL, @Maria61 I totally didn't mean to post this here! Oh dear. Ignore me. :rotflmao:

So not a good week. I put on 3.5 lbs. time to sort myself out properly. Back to basics next week and a few days of milk too. I know what to do, just need to do it! Only myself to blame xx
The good thing is that you know where your going wrong and acknowledged it, you can do this, think of that lovely holiday to spur you on xxx

So not a good week. I put on 3.5 lbs. time to sort myself out properly. Back to basics next week and a few days of milk too. I know what to do, just need to do it! Only myself to blame xx
I'm sure you'll get there lovely lady xx

Update on skin removal. Got my quote for Fleur de lis tummy tuck and arm lift and it is £11,000 which I think is a good price for the surgeon I want yo us. He is so booked up however that it won’t be until 8th Novemberbut he wants me to wait a few months anyway to ensure my weight is steady and my metabolism also is stable. This will be 2 years after my surgery which seems sensible to me. Sooooo excited xxx

I'm sure you'll get it off. Also did you start combat this week? It could be water retention from using muscles that were laying dormant. 3.5lbs in one week isn't a real gain.x

Update on skin removal. Got my quote for Fleur de lis tummy tuck and arm lift and it is £11,000 which I think is a good price for the surgeon I want yo us. He is so booked up however that it won’t be until 8th Novemberbut he wants me to wait a few months anyway to ensure my weight is steady and my metabolism also is stable. This will be 2 years after my surgery which seems sensible to me. Sooooo excited xxx

Fabulous news. Exciting times ahead.x

I'm sure you'll get it off. Also did you start combat this week? It could be water retention from using muscles that were laying dormant. 3.5lbs in one week isn't a real gain.x

Fabulous news. Exciting times ahead.x
Can’t do combat for another month and definitely no jumps but can’t wait xxx

Great news Maria x

Me too I can’t wait for it to happen for you xxx

Glad you are soon able to get back to full fitness as I know you have missed it. On the operation front it seems to make sense to get your weight stable before the operation. :p

I am doing okay thanks Maria. I don’t post weekly anymore but I do like to follow the diaries still, unfortunately mine are usually a little boring!:(

I did my first combat class in 6 months yesterday. I tried a virtual class as a tester. It was so good to do a proper class but I was super nervous and it felt very strange. I was very aware of my pelvic floor and realise I have a lot more strengthening exercises to do before full recovery xx

Back