• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Banders Saturday Weigh In

Hello all, did not loose anything this week...

I am hope its my body adjusting to mush food as have lost 1 stone 4 pounds in two weeks

Hope I loose this week coming

Jane x

Lottie ... Good going :)

Jane ... No mean feat in two weeks! It's really early days and your body takes time to adjust. Remain positive and the weight loss will catch up again with the effort you put in :)

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Well I am still staying the same! No change now for weeks!! Had telephone consult with dietician and she thinks I don't need a fill although I'm hungry between meals again and that she won't be in touch again, so 6 months gone 3 stone down, still 3 to go and she tells me the rest is up to me!! There was me thinking 2 years after care and paying 5 grand that there might be slightly more support!! So ... I like the so's!!!

... Slightly peeved and very much disappointed that's where the provider sees their responsibility finishes!!!

My portions are correct, I eat band friendly foods and now what??

X

Hi Tanychance - please bear in mind that I've only been banded a week and if I knew all the answers I wouldn't have been banded in the first place !!! - I've read on here a few times where someone has it a plateau and so they increased their calories and started losing again !!!! Just a thought and please don't take my word for it because Im a newbie to this BUT maybe some of the more experienced guys can explain in it better xxx

Well I am still staying the same! No change now for weeks!! Had telephone consult with dietician and she thinks I don't need a fill although I'm hungry between meals again and that she won't be in touch again, so 6 months gone 3 stone down, still 3 to go and she tells me the rest is up to me!! There was me thinking 2 years after care and paying 5 grand that there might be slightly more support!! So ... I like the so's!!!

... Slightly peeved and very much disappointed that's where the provider sees their responsibility finishes!!!

My portions are correct, I eat band friendly foods and now what??

X

Hey there, what sizes are your portions sizes like???? and what size is ur band and how much is it filled to - Also Well done on losing 3 stone in 6 months thats fab weight loss x x x

BlueDiamond said:
Hey there, what sizes are your portions sizes like???? and what size is ur band and how much is it filled to - Also Well done on losing 3 stone in 6 months thats fab weight loss x x x

I only ever have tea plate or less, I have a 10cc with 6.35 in it! My typical day consists of poached egg, Melba or French toast 2 of, salad for lunch, meat and veg for dinner! I drink copious amounts of tea, water and depending on intake protein water! I rarely have anything sweet, and try to incorporate fruit when I can! I don't eat bread pasta rice as it just don't go through for me!

I know my exercise could be increased considerably and I'm not even peeved about the weight loss as without the band I'm sure that may have been gained, it was just the only being six months out and being told the rest is up to me!!

X

I only ever have tea plate or less, I have a 10cc with 6.35 in it! My typical day consists of poached egg, Melba or French toast 2 of, salad for lunch, meat and veg for dinner! I drink copious amounts of tea, water and depending on intake protein water! I rarely have anything sweet, and try to incorporate fruit when I can! I don't eat bread pasta rice as it just don't go through for me!

I know my exercise could be increased considerably and I'm not even peeved about the weight loss as without the band I'm sure that may have been gained, it was just the only being six months out and being told the rest is up to me!!

X

Hey There - If your eating a tea plate size and still hungry after ( or b4 your next meal is due) It would suggest to me your portions need to bigger (I>E> you need a fill) If you have paid for two years aftercare and your only 6 months out remind the dietitian about this when you talk to her and if she still refuses to give you another fill and basically leave you to it - put in a complaint - Please do not just sit back and leave it , you bl**dy paid for this service - so DEMAND it - I look forward to seeing how you get on - Wishing you all the best BD xx

Thanks for your replies!! I'm gonna hang on in there and up the exercise more and see how I go over next 2 weeks!! I'm back out on placement for the next 9 weeks and quite glad of no fill as I struggle to get meals in on wards so probably a blessing really!!

I'm no quitter and still determined to make this happen so update to follow x

4lb loss for me this week..81lbs since may x

Good going ladies ... Here's to another successful week next week! :)

another 4lbs loss for me this week :) xx

Previous saturday 17 stone 2.7
Current weight 17.07

2 pound loss- not as much as I would be happy with but I did put on 3lbs & lost this week after my 'last supper'

Well done ladies ... Another good week :D

Back