• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Changing Faces Of Me..

Wow you look so teeny tiny xx

Lovely pictures, and well done :)

Thanks everyone. This photo session proved very therapeutic without a doubt

Looking lovely hon :) Youj were beautiful regardless, but now looking soo much healthier too

Thank you lovely lady :)
So much healthier hun my cankles say it all! :giggles:

Wow. Your achievement is amazing!! You should be really proud and hold your head high! Xx

Thank you Mandi :)
I am very proud but I'm also very scared of how others perceive the new me.. Which of course is all in my head. I didn't care a jot when I was BIG.. hell I wore a bikini on holidays when I was a size 28 and probably would have as I got even larger but couldn't get one big enough. So where the irrationality has come from is unfathomable

Wow wow wow, you look amazing look at your pics and believe xxxx

Thank you :)
I'm trying I'm trying!! lol

Oh my!! You look fab hunni.... LOVING the pic with your hands on your hips!! Totally amazing xxx

Thanks Ceecie :)
This is the one that I was OMG I look so skinny, I can't believe that's me there. The top is one I bought two weeks ago from Next size 14. The skirt is a size 12 yes it's a teeny weeny 12!! Courtesy of my MIL

Can you appreciate the difference now? It's stunning!
Look at yourself, you are a completely different person and you look lovely.
I love picture no. 8 outfit. You are so...beautiful!
xx

Thank you hun :D & I am starting to appreciate it now.

These are the crops and t shirt I bought from Asda on Sunday in size 14. Okay they are neat on and I know I would really struggle with other 14's but I don't care because 5 weeks ago I was solidly in 18's and moaning that my bottom half was a complete stubborn pain in the:massmoon:

You are right though Bally I am a completely different person on the outside and I'm finding that stressful too because inside I'm still the same old me but as I'm just finding out other people do treat me differently. I get talked too much much more when out and about for instance where before they would have nodded said hi and then walk on by... I have to bite my tongue quite a bit as inside my head I'm questioning them why?

Wow you look so teeny tiny xx

Thank you :) It feels so weird to hear folk say that because I just don't feel it and at the start of this I told all involved that I'd quite happily settle for being a size 14 but now with just over another 2st to get to my personal target I find that now I am there I'm really not happy to settle there anymore. Funny how the goal posts change when you achieve a goal.

Wow you look amazing! well done hun xx

Thank you Donna :)

Your words are a MASSIVE support to me. You are all beautiful inspirational people and this journey would have been so much harder without you all :sign0168: xxx

Last edited:
Thank you hun :D & I am starting to appreciate it now.

These are the crops and t shirt I bought from Asda on Sunday in size 14. Okay they are neat on and I know I would really struggle with other 14's but I don't care because 5 weeks ago I was solidly in 18's and moaning that my bottom half was a complete stubborn pain in the:massmoon:

You are right though Bally I am a completely different person on the outside and I'm finding that stressful too because inside I'm still the same old me but as I'm just finding out other people do treat me differently. I get talked too much much more when out and about for instance where before they would have nodded said hi and then walk on by... I have to bite my tongue quite a bit as inside my head I'm questioning them why?

I'm there too, Frances.
It took me a while to notice that people do treat me in a different way now that I'm in size 10. I can experience it almost every day in diffent places, at the supermarket or on the bus.
It seems that people are scared by larger persons as if we were not 'normal' or, maybe, as if they could catch some very scary illness from us. It's probably not their fault. We all have been grown up in the myth of 'skinny is beautiful' and most still believe that larger people lack of will power and so do not deserve to be considered.
My OH keeps reminding me that those who have never suffered from being larger cannot understand (he's never been more than slightly overweight) and that most cannot understand how much courage we have had to summon to choose WLS and to live with it.

Back to sizing and to body perception, I know that I am in size 10, now, but I still stun when I catch my image in a mirror or shop window and still tend to compare to any skinny lady I see. I constantly ask myself (and my OH) if I'm like that lady (down the road or sitting at the other table or crossing the street) or if I'm skinnier or larger.

I'm there too, Frances.
It took me a while to notice that people do treat me in a different way now that I'm in size 10. I can experience it almost every day in diffent places, at the supermarket or on the bus.
It seems that people are scared by larger persons as if we were not 'normal' or, maybe, as if they could catch some very scary illness from us. It's probably not their fault. We all have been grown up in the myth of 'skinny is beautiful' and most still believe that larger people lack of will power and so do not deserve to be considered.
My OH keeps reminding me that those who have never suffered from being larger cannot understand (he's never been more than slightly overweight) and that most cannot understand how much courage we have had to summon to choose WLS and to live with it.

Back to sizing and to body perception, I know that I am in size 10, now, but I still stun when I catch my image in a mirror or shop window and still tend to compare to any skinny lady I see. I constantly ask myself (and my OH) if I'm like that lady (down the road or sitting at the other table or crossing the street) or if I'm skinnier or larger.

Yep I do this too ..I run the risk of driving hubby insane with my constant am I bigger or smaller than... Questions lol
It's good to know I'm not the only one that does it! :) xx

Wow! Amazing! You look great :) i love the 1st outfit! :)

Thank you so much Llora :) This is another skirt (size14) that my mum in law gave me and is by far my favorite too as its quite oriental and slimming. The top is an old size 18 from Next and tbh really dosent do the skirt any justice but I had nothing else that remotely went with it :eek:. I really need to get my wardrobe sorted as at the moment its full of stuff that goes with nothing else :rolleyes:

Wow wow wow I love the little shorter dress in picture 5 you look amazing xxxx

This is the one that my mum bought me for our cruise last year size 18 but alas it was a tad too small. Its actually too big now but as it's tie belted at the back it still fits fine so will maybe just maybe wear this on summery days :);)

Hahaha our game is up ..I feel sorry our poor other halves lol

Haha, I don 't, after all, think of all the benefits they've gotten out of this ;)

:rotflmao: so true! :giggle:

You look absolutely fantastic in that dress, gorgeous :wow:

Back