• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The great band journey

Having a rubbish week food wise this week, Tuesday was a buffet,crisps, and lots of other crap eaten, Wednesday brought an Indian, Thursday we went out for tea and ended up having quesadilla and nachos! Oh and there was McDonalds for lunch on Wednesday too!

Don't feel like there much restriction there the last couple of days and my portion size has been larger then usual (but not pre band size)
I think it's because I'm picking the softer options which I guess are sliders! The Indian I ordered the side dish sagg paneer, and ate probably 1/2 of it! This is a lot for me!! Yet when I had eaten at macdonalds I had eaten 4 chicken nuggets and felt stuffed!

So today I'm re looking at my food choices. I need to cut back on slider foods and move back to food that will fill me.
So guys can anyone help me with some high protein, low calorie non slider food ideas for breakfast and lunch??
I'm not letting myself off yet, still 20lb to goal, I will do this!

I often have cauliflour rice with mushrooms and bacon through it for breakfast topped with fage Greek yoghurt

Sometimes I fry up mushrooms with bacon and a banana

I like a tuna omelette also

Or some days it's a wee side plate of cold meat rolled up round lagging cow light blue cheese and some advacado and tomato

You can tell I don't do carbs lol xx

I'm not sure I can get the cauliflower rice down here :-(
But the cold meat and cheese triangles is right up my street, as is the omelette, but without the tuna.. Yuk ;-)
Am tempted to join slimming world to be honest, what to do.... Hmmmm

You can make ur own cauliflower rice, just chuck a whole cauli in a fiod processor & fry it in fry light with some onions. Simples!
I joined slimming world 3 weeks ago & the plan really suits having a band. I've lost 11.5 lb in 3 weeks. Join us on our Slinming world thread

Thanks Emma x I'll pop over now x
Currently sat here with some ham, pastrami a blue cheese triangle and an extra light triangle!

I joined SW back in feb and lost a few pounds. I get so confused and jump between SW LCHF WW. The thing with the LCHF diet is you have no cravings. But it is a bit brutal ;-) this is what I'm doing at present

So 1lb off today
So that sets mini goals at
4lb gets me in the 9's
5lb gets me 1 stone from goal
6lb gets me my 5st
7lb gets me into the correct BMI range!
So loads to aim for over the next month!
Have 3 weigh ins left until my 6 months from surgery date so still hoping to be in 9's by then!
So close.....

Well another 2lb down, so just 2 more to get into the 9's! Extra pleased with that this week as it's totm so fingers crossed for next week! These next 6 weeks are going to be more difficult as kids are off school, so I'll get very little down time, as when I'm off work I'll be out with the kids :-/
But if I can get 1lb each week for the 6 weeks I'll be just 11lb from goal! So that's my aim! Of course if I can get a couple of 2lb weeks in there I'll be super happy!

I'm doing good Kirsty, weigh day is officially Monday and I have 1lb so far, so have fingers and toes crossed for this other pesky 1lb

Ok, so it was just a 1lb this week :-( so close to those 9s! Oh well I'll get it next week!! Next Monday is 6 months from my surgery too... Can't believe how fast it's gone!

Another 1lb this week that's me in the 9's!! Very pleased with that!
I am 6 months out today and have a total loss of 4st 12lb! I'm really pleased with this! My goal is just 15lb away and my aim is to reach it by my 9 month mark so just over 1lb a week should do it!
Getting ever closer to that healthy BMI as well, just 3lb to go.
Have an appt on Friday and am thinking about a small fill as restriction is barely noticeable now, hoping they agree as I'm so close I'm worried they'll say no :-(

Omg moo those figures are so impressive. I'm a year out this month and with some weight gain am sitting at just under 3 stone loss. You are an inspiration to me xxxxx

Thank you Kirsty, to be fair you have been one of my inspirations through this, and you would be much further down the line with a working band!!

Thank you Sharon, am very pleased with how it's gone, mostly the fact I can walk down the street no thinking people are laughing at me!
Took the kids to Pizza Hut today, I was really concerned about the temptation, but I ordered myself the chicken strips with fries!
The kids are the fries, and my waffle for dessert and I managed a whole 2 chicken strips and 1/2 a bowl of salad, so I really wasn't really bothered about the all you can eat buffet the kids were stuffing there face from :)

What a day!! Had my fill this morning, then took kids out for the day! Eldest DS walked off, and was missing for around 45 mins! They sent a search party out for him and everything!! Had visions that he had fallen off the cliff!! Anyway he's back safe and sound! I however am a wreck, and if I hadn't had a fill this morning would be on a complete binge!! I mean the fill is literally the only thing stopping me shovelling everything I can see into my mouth!
Isn't it funny how even when you think you're past it, it's still there in the back of your head somewhere!!

Back