• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The great band journey

Well today has gone much better, feel much more like myself, went to Mds with kids and didn't even lick a chip ;-)
Feeling positive with just 3 days to go!!

Well hopped on the scales this morning for a sneaky peak and I'm another 2lb down! Doesn't officially count until Monday but I'll be very happy if it stays!

Moo no wonder you have been feeling low. You have been doing all the work without any tools to help you. 400 is extreme. It is normal to have doubts. I am sure we have all had them. I know I did.

You are about to start an amazing new journey which will become easier once you have your op. Good luck xx

Kirsty, I think your right, I think that I was taking the instructions too literally! I'm up to 600 ish a day now, which seems better.

I'm just so scared that this won't work. It's £7k that we really didn't have, it means we have struggled with Christmas and the kids birthdays, but I really need this. I loved it when I was thin and could do so much more with the kids. I've never spent money on 'me' before so it's playing on my mind a lot that this just cannot fail! I feel a huge weight on my shoulders knowing that I have to get this right :-(

Hubby is not particularly supportive, don't get me wrong he's happy for me to have it, but he's just not good on the emotional side. He's driving me to the hospital on Tuesday, but then he plans to go home, it doesn't occur for him to wait with me, and if I ask he'll do it, but he'll moan the whole time he's there about how long we have to wait! He hasn't once asked me how I'm feeling, and still happily sits and eats his biscuits in front of me, and tells me how lovely his tea was, how much he's eaten at work that day. He just doesn't get it! He's naturally slim so really doesn't get the weight issues.

Moo, if feel your pain. When I tackle my hubby about eating all the naughtiest in front of me he replies he can't stop living just because I have had WLS

men can be totally lacking in emotional intelligence. They just can't help it. They are defo a different species

I have not paid for my surgery yet EEK! And it weighs heavily on my mind. It is one of my main motivators lol

You will do great. I can't wait to hear all about your big adventure xxxx

Well today is my official weigh day, and I'm down another lb, so a loss this week of 3lb
So that's a total loss of 17lb on the pre op. Taking my weight from 14st1 to 12st 12.

I'm really pleased with that as I thought originally that 7lbs would be nice!! I've never been one for big losses so am really amazed! 4st exactly to go :-0.

So this time tomorrow I'll be almost at the hospital, SCARY!!

Well done on the pre op! That's a great loss, especially as your weights not that high to start with, you must've worked super hard. You're nearly there now and it's so exciting. Good luck for tomorrow, hope everything goes well for you x

So thought it would be a good idea to get some goals set
My end goal is 8st 12. That's the lowest I've been in adult life and would love to get back there!
But that's a long way off so...
Lose 1/2 stone by 2nd March (bday)
Be in the 10's by holiday 25th may (1st 13lb)
Be at a healthy BMI by the time the kids go back to school after summer 9st 10lb
I would like to be at my goal weight for new year!

Wish me luck xx

Back