• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The great band journey

Oh that's ok then Zobo, was just worried that maybe something had gone a little wrong during surgery and that's why I've been in so much pain! But I am feeling a lot better today and even got out for an hour today!

So 6 days post op and 3lb down... That's 20lb so far :-D
Am still quite swollen so hoping there is more to come this week..

Thanks! I can't believe I have lost 20lb since starting my pre op! Should be above 1 1/2 stone by next weigh day!

I have only got 4 scars!! Oh wait a minute here.....have they short changed me??? Lol

I had a band, GYN stuff, separation of adhesions from a previous surgery and a repair to my liver which the surgeon nicked.....not bad to only have 4 incisions then

It's a kind of 'pea and ham soup from a chicken' moment

Wow you went all in didn't you Kirsty!
Feeling thinner this week so hoping for a good loss on Monday, am into some size 16 bits too so feeling pretty pleased with that, have had 2 people comment this week that I look thinner so that's nice :)

Woo hoo
Another 4 off, that's 24lb since the start!! So have reached my first goal 2 weeks early, my next goal is 1/2 stone by 11th March which is my first fill date :)

Omg!!! Your doing amazing! So so pleased for you! Xxx xxx

It's getting harder, the swelling has gone down so appetite is back :-( but if I can just keep it going as long as I can then hopefully when I get to my fill it'll make things a bit easier. How's your restriction?

So today I took the kids snow tubing, which is in effect sitting in a big rubber ring and sliding down a ski slope, when we got there I had only paid for the kids, but it was just us so the instructor said myself and hubby could join in too! Now normally I would have declined, but I did it! Not only did I fit in ok, i didn't get wedged in! I could get out quite comfortably! This is what my weight loss is for, more days joining in!!

Last edited:
Well feeling completely crap now :-(
Bought a new set of scales as ours have been playing up for a while, they make me 10lb heavier than the old ones!
I feel completely devastated! I've worked so hard and was on my way down through the 12s now I'm back in the 13s again. That's another 10lb to lose until goal :-(
Hubby doesn't get it, thinks I'm being silly, but i've worked so hard!
Now have to adjust my starting weight and stuff as I guess I've always been 10lb heavier :-( at least I hope I've really lost all that weight!!

Back