• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The great band journey

So surgery went well. No full added as band was already tight.
Unfortunately my blood pressure fell very low afterwards so I've been on 15min obs! I feel absolutely fine in myself though.
I know they are doing there job but boy I wish they'd leave me alone so I could get some sleep!! It's starting to up a bit now though so hopefully they'll back off a bit overnight.
Pain wise I've been ok. It hurt like hell when I woke up in recovery and they gave me morphine, and that's now gone and haven't needed anything since.
All in all not too bad :-D

Omg, am so swollen, can barely get my tracksuit bottoms on and they've never been tight!
Feel like I've been kicked by a horse this morning, think I strained too much yesterday getting in and out of bed for the loo! I had bladder retention so was desperate to go and was up and down all evening, eventually they had to drain me.
I seem to be ok with wind pain, this pain is just around the wound sites!
But it'll be worth it I'm sure xx

Well done - another big milestone under your belt. Take it easy post op and look after yourself .

Yay! Good luck with t all.....take it easy!!!! Baby steps! Xxx

So I have to say I've been in a fair amount of pain, but this evening it's starting to ease. I'm struggling to eat though. I'm on fluids for one week and I can manage around 50g before I feel too full :-( this means my calories are barely reaching 100 for the day! Not sure if I'm doing something wrong as I'm pretty sure my intake should be higher than this. I did have soup for tea, which was bloody lovely, it is allowed on my list, but still only managed a few mouthfuls

It takes time to build up the amount you can get in to start with, so don't rush it you don't want to do harm to your insides.

Hi guys, can I ask how many scars do you have? I thought I would have 4/5 but have actually got 6? This seems like a lot!

Hi Oopsey, I had Mr Welborne in Taunton. He came and saw me after surgery and said all had gone well, was just surprised this morning when I went to change my large dressing that it had one large scar and a smaller one under it! The large one seems huge!

Thanks for all your answers guys. I might even get brave enough to post a pic of them later, at least swelling has started to go down!

I've got the same as you moo! Xx

Back