• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Raw Truth from the start

chocolate buttons and aero orange balls

Omg two of my favourite! Grab bags on offer at £1 i bet????? Lol :)

yes how did you no lol

"expert" me :D lol

Mimi I am sorry i'm about to hijac your thread.

Bella - you make it sound like I'm not trying, but I am working incredibly hard for my weight loss. I am sorry you are having troubles and its not going as you had hoped. I had 1tablespoon of macaroni pasta and made my carbonara with skimmed milk, egg and low fat cheese. I haven't been counting everything calorie and carb etc at this stage as I'm not particularly hungry theses days and only eat 3 meals which are healthy homemade low fat options/alternatives. Everyone is different. I am trying as I'm sure you are. You will find what works for you, it takes time. We're all here because its taken a lifetime to become overweight/obese etc so it's not going to be solved in a couple of weeks. The band is a slow process that takes time to become finely tuned.

No no no Keb I am so so sorry I did not mean to make it sound like that at all. I just meant that foods you are eating I am avoiding like the plague and you have had a great loss and I put on. I just meant its is swings and round abouts. I certainly do not doubt your effort at all and I sincerely apologise if it read as flippant it truly was not my intention. You have given me some really supportive and kind advice and shared with me also. Trust me the last thing I intended to do was belittle your sucess or make you feel not worthy of your results.
I know everything you say and I agree that was why I used you in my reference to people being so different. I just felt if I had macarroni I would be 7lbs heavier not 3, and that I am charting every gram and you told me you don't count your cals even, it was simply a comparision to how different two people can be on the same journey from the same place and time... I only commented about you not tracking carbs as many users questioned me about how many carbs I was eating and used it as a reference that if you are not counting cals I doubt you are counting carbs and you had success ie I don't think carbs are my issue.
I am sincerely so sorry if I insulted you in any way, it was certainly not my intention. I congratulated you on your 6lb weight loss and I meant it. I know my frustration is only temprory and do not grudge you, your success one bit :(
Please re read what I said in the post you are referring to, there is no malice intended at all. It was purely just a comparison, I feel really awful now...

Last edited:
bella im sure keb knows your frustrated and u didnt mean any malice.
i think we all no how u feel because weve all been there ,i just wish i could give u a big hug and tell u things will get better.

mimi42 said:
bella im sure keb knows your frustrated and u didnt mean any malice.
i think we all no how u feel because weve all been there ,i just wish i could give u a big hug and tell u things will get better.

Here here! :) nicely put Mimi..frustration/disappointment is a killer. You'll turn this around by hook or by crook and find what works for you in time, just like we've all had to do

Thanks Mimi and Jo, I really am feeling so much better and so much more positive. I think I was just expecting too much too soon. I have resigned myself to the fact it will take time to find the right restriction, food combo and excercise plan that is going to come together and work for me.
I feel so awful though that Keb though I was implying she was not taking her band seriously. I sincerely only used what she told me as a comparision and never assumed she was eating mountains of pasta or excess anything, I purely meant it to show her carbs are not restricted and she is having great results and how different two people with the same surgeon on the same day can be.
I really hope she comes back and reads your thread Mimi, I would hate for her not to know I had seen it and apologized for anything she may have interpreted from what I wrote :(
That really upsets me more than putting on 3lbs to be honest.

well bella your not the only one .
today my dietician is calling me and i have put on a pound.my kids are away and i miss them so much ,im house sitting aswell and im so bored im eating more.
got to rain it in and focus.

jo what size band have you got and how much is in it.please

I'm 8ml in an 11ml band

thank you jo
i had my dietician phone today im doing ok having my fill tomorrow.will go for very small one.

Good luck with your fill Mimi. I will be interested to see how you get on. I have my first one next week too. :D

You'll be fine ladies but let them guide you on what's best to put in x

Had 1 ml put in takes me up to 5ml.it all went well no problems

Hi Mimi, I bet that is a relief to have the first one over. Did it hurt? Did they put the needle in through your scare? Mine is still angry and purple and I am a bit worried if it has to go through the scare :(
Sounds like everything went well though. I hope it helps. :)

hi bella just a little sting but mines not over any scare do you not no where yours is .mine is under my left boob about 2inchs down if i lay down and tense my stomach i can feel it very easily.

when the nurse weight me i had lost another pound,but i did have a poo this morning lol......

Glad to hear it went well mimi!! I'm looking forward to my second fill. I just ate way more than I should for tea. All be it semi healthy I shouldn't have had that much!! They didn't inject through my scar bella, it was just under that they injected. And it didn't hurt. Felt strange but not painful x

Thanks for sharing Mimi and Lola. I can feel my port is under my scar that is the worrying thing. Also I cannot sleep on my left side it makes the port really uncomfortable. But yesterday morning I woke up and was on my left side and to my shock horror my port was sticking out under my skin, I though ''oh cr*p'' pardon my french ladies. The panic I felt in that moment was indescribable. Thankfully I rolled over to my right and it was not protruding under my skin any more. It was a horrendous moment if I am honest.
Also if you do not mind me asking both of you a little bit of a personal question. Has having the band effected your monthly cycle? Mine have not been so heavy and lasted twice as long, I am not sure what is going on it has never happened before and I am pretty fed up with it and wish it would just end already. But because it is weaker and a smaller amount it is taking forever to be over. Anyone had that experience?

PS LOL @ Mimi morning poo :D :D :D

Back