• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The Royal Wedding - will anyone be watching?

Most definitely NOT.
I dislike the royals intensely.
Lynne x

why? :D

(puts the tin opener back in the drawer after opening up the can of worms :D)

Well didn't want to say incase I offend anybody who likes the royals, but there are loads of reasons I don't like them!
I'll say if anybody else asks me as well but honestly dont want to start a pro/anti royals debate.
Lynne x

you seem very sleepy ..... what's causing the chronic sleeping hon?

Hi CC. Following the disaster of my surgery I was off work for nearly 4 months. I started back on 3 March on what was supposed to be a phased return. It never happened. I started back on the Friday straight into a all day meeting on this huge piece of work. My boss promptly went on holiday on the Tuesday for the best part of 3 weeks and left me to it. I have worked virtually seven weeks a day doing 10 hours plus weekdays. This weekend is the first time I have not done as much although I may have to do a few hours before bed tonight. To say I am on my knees would be an understatement:D.

My chronic fatigue has nothing to do with my surgery, in fact if the band was not there I would probably be in hospital right now - and I am not exaggerating. To cap it all I found out my boss submitted a discussion paper for restructuring our department - whilst I was on sick leave which she didn't send to me which proposed merging my team and leaving me without a job. She is leaving in September and clearly wants to make sure I don't have anything when she goes. Hence my melt down and not posting much towards the end of this week. Sorry for the rant but you asked!

tranquil x

Well didn't want to say incase I offend anybody who likes the royals, but there are loads of reasons I don't like them!
I'll say if anybody else asks me as well but honestly dont want to start a pro/anti royals debate.
Lynne x

oh ok .... spoilsport :p :p :p :p :D

Hi CC. Following the disaster of my surgery I was off work for nearly 4 months. I started back on 3 March on what was supposed to be a phased return. It never happened. I started back on the Friday straight into a all day meeting on this huge piece of work. My boss promptly went on holiday on the Tuesday for the best part of 3 weeks and left me to it. I have worked virtually seven weeks a day doing 10 hours plus weekdays. This weekend is the first time I have not done as much although I may have to do a few hours before bed tonight. To say I am on my knees would be an understatement:D.

My chronic fatigue has nothing to do with my surgery, in fact if the band was not there I would probably be in hospital right now - and I am not exaggerating. To cap it all I found out my boss submitted a discussion paper for restructuring our department - whilst I was on sick leave which she didn't send to me which proposed merging my team and leaving me without a job. She is leaving in September and clearly wants to make sure I don't have anything when she goes. Hence my melt down and not posting much towards the end of this week. Sorry for the rant but you asked!

tranquil x

ahhhhhh....!!! We have much in common then ........ :mad: ;)

Definitely watching it. Maybe not all of it though. Not a 'fan' of the royals as a bunch but quite like William.

I won't make a day of watching it. I'll be regarding it or watching it in much the same way I watched the opening of the World Cup in South Africa last year or the Olympics in London next. I am indifferent to William, but don't understand why people think him good-looking.

I will definitely be watching. I love the Royal Family and its history in the making. I've got open house and having the family round for drinks and nibbles if anyone wants to join us...

I will definitely be watching. I love the Royal Family and its history in the making. I've got open house and having the family round for drinks and nibbles if anyone wants to join us...

Have you got the whole family coming over?

It'll be like a party :)

Drink & nibbles.

I think the day will start early on TV given the timings I've heard about. :)

Have you got the whole family coming over?

It'll be like a party :)

Drink & nibbles.

I think the day will start early on TV given the timings I've heard about. :)
my sisters and my mom coming over ... come and join us?

Thank goodness Sam - I was just about to write how alone I am on this forum but for once someone agrees with me. I am a royalist and I love a good wedding so I will definitely be watching.

I was 7 when princess Di got married and thought she looked fantastic (it was the 80s) although I had changed my mind 20 years later when picking my own dress. I did like fergie's dress though.

I have union jack bunting etc and will be having a BIG party - I can't wait. X

Back