• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Anyone watching holby city bbc 1 18 feb?

los in it

was just thinking the same thing ! I see that next week`s programme is called "to fat to fly" ....I have no words!

j0anne

I felt sorry for jo she lost 10 stone her heart was in right place but she should let her hubby come to terms with how he wants to loose weight himself not force him to do food diary and not eat what he wants, we all know its got to come from within not one influence from outside can make you in fact I think it can push you other way and rebel

robina

my other half is a nightmare when im losing weight. he questions EVERYTHING i do and no matter what i lose each week its never enough in his eyes

despite that he is a lovely guy honest

moomoo1

I do think it had a valid point a lot of marriages don't survive massive weightloss sad as it is, iv not had this myself as not married and don't often dte at this kind of weight because I seem to meet chubby chasers and feeders lol so im gona wait , what the program also doesn't say is a lot of marriages end in divorce regardless of weightloss

ThinnerJemima

Here all the time.....
These programs are always on the entertainment side rather than the factual unbiased side, so it can be hard to wade through the extra's. A couple of things did stand out for me.

The size 6 lady that didn't get married, they had been on holiday and were 'good friends', so where did the toddler come from...... ?

The therapy lady, where to start, forcing her husband to eat platefuls of cold tomato pasta (gagging) and to keep a food diary seemed like the tip of the controlling iceberg. I'd divorce her on principal.

I think I'm still the same grumpy realist. My other half can eat & dink what likes. I am not his keeper and he is responsible for whatever he puts in his face is the household motto. Oh yeah, and keep off my size SIX knickers. :D

j0anne

These programs are always on the entertainment side rather than the factual unbiased side, so it can be hard to wade through the extra's. A couple of things did stand out for me.

The size 6 lady that didn't get married, they had been on holiday and were 'good friends', so where did the toddler come from...... ?

The therapy lady, where to start, forcing her husband to eat platefuls of cold tomato pasta (gagging) and to keep a food diary seemed like the tip of the controlling iceberg. I'd divorce her on principal.

I think I'm still the same grumpy realist. My other half can eat & dink what likes. I am not his keeper and he is responsible for whatever he puts in his face is the household motto. Oh yeah, and keep off my size SIX knickers. :D

love this and too right she was all ME ME ME

soohoo

elo all.i can feel for you all.i have been with my husband sin 15 and married at 17.my weight as been up and down all my life.he never moans till recently.3 daughters and 4 grandchildren he is concerned.he Is 6ft 3in and in good health.he backs me all the way.we had a family hol last year.and I knew I would have to have the extended seat belt.i tried to keep it quite.and bless him.he said to me quiet I will go and get you one.we all have to take this a step at a time.who know what will happen.i don't.but take care everyone.

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
I missed this only to be told by my hubby it's okay I recorded it so we could watch it later on..mmmm is he trying to tell me something? :rotflmao: He married me 33yrs ago when at my skinniest. He has never criticised my weight even in the most heated of arguments and has seen me through thick and thin and thick again. He gets as excited as I do with every milestone I hit and puts up with my constant WLS wittering. His reward is he gets a new woman at the end of this .... Me. ....Not my words but his :)

los in it

c5 "to fat to fly" starts at 9pm

giving you all the heads up I know I felt I was too fat to fly when I had to ask for the extra belt:sigh:

maz71 v

Last time u flew in summer had to ask for extender...., last week.... Didn't need one! Was still very tight and only just went round.... But it did!

top_kat

i bought my own extender belt so I didn't have to ask, I took it on holiday this year, not only did I not need it, I could tighten the belt by miles and bring the table down.

sarahrob

I didn't watch the program, but I did once work in America. One weekend a gang of us went to Vegas and decided to take a flight over the grand canyon. Walking to the plane I stepped onto what I can only describe as a mini weighbridge, with my weight shown for my colleagues to see. I was mortified!
It was a small plane, so they needed to balance the weight in it, but it hadn't occurred to me that they would WEIGH me, much less do it publicly.
I've never been on a small plane since.

Samstb

I went on a helicopter in Vegas over the canyon and I had to step on said weigh bridge! Lol
Luckily for me it only showed the person who checked us in. Who was very gracious and he said I didn't even have to pay the extra weight fee. Which was nice.

Also I did a 6 week honeymoon in July and took 17 flights! All but one I had to use a belt extender and the trays...god they're horrible. Incidentally it was air Tahiti on which I didn't have to use an extender.

Air New Zealand were fab, I didn't even have to say anything to them, the cabin crew just give you the wink and slyly slide one into your hand.

Quantas are horrible, they wouldn't even ask the man in front to lift his seat up while we ate, as my table wouldn't fully go down. They basically said suck it!

BA were the opposite, they woke the man up in front to make him move hehe!

Oh the fun of flying! I don't let it bloody stop me!
:) x

OMG it showed people getting stuck on rides. Me and my hubby got chucked off a ride in August at Drayton Manor. We were mortified and had to do the walk of shame past everyone in the queue and people were laughing....It ruined the day for us and we went home terrible really. I could get my belt on this year on the plane but the table was a no go!!

ASQ

I haven't had this problem on planes, but have occasionally found car seat belts not generous enough. Embarrassing. :(

los in it

im always finding car seat belts a real `mare! I end up jigging about so much or really breathing in once I finally get it to click I cant breathe!

los in it

c5 got thin...got fat again @9pm

giving everyone the heads up on this channel 5 programme I look forward to reading your views on this programme .