• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

The three musketeers - final push to a healthy weight

Hello everyone.

M well done at stopping yourself from going out to get food. hope the willpower has stayed strong this afternoon and you get through the day as planned.

Sounds like everyone is doing great. Gilla, good luck at staying off the bread.

I totted up my calories yesterday on food focus and they came in at 840. That was with a ryvita with cheese spread and some fresh pineapple in the evening in addition to the foods I had posted yesterday. I was chuffed that the cals were only 840 in total.

Hoping for a similar figure today. Have had exactly same lunch and breakfast as yesterday. Got salmon and salad for tea... Am strong so far. Not a single "bad" thing has passed my lips for 48 hours now.

sam your doing so well!

im going to have a fluid only day tomorrow... for two reasons... hopefully i can get a bit of control back.

Also i think im lactose intolerant, and rather than cut it out to see, im going to go for lots of milk and maybe some yogurt and see what happens, that way i will know if its that that is making me bloat and gassy and sore in the belly, or perhaps something else.

im hoping i can get this right tomorrow, so i can start feeling better and shift a few lbs which have crept on. plus its my other halfs birthday on sat, and were off to a really fancy pants restaurant and he bought me this killer french connection dress the other day and i wanna look good in it for him!

so ill say sorry now for all the rambling i may do tomorrow... fingers crossed its the start of better times!

sam those cals are quite low though, i found when i first stalled, at about 8 months post op i had to up my cals to start loosing weight again?!

.x.

It's looking like a good week so far for everyone! I was in the sea again today on my kayak! These bingo wings are in for it, wont be long before i'm looking like popeye!

Brekkie- milky coffee

Lunch-grated cheese, grated carrot, spring onion and sultanas

Dinner- pork chop, 4 new potatoes and a tomato

Snacks- skinny latte. x2 ice pops

Good day for me today. Although giving up bread lasted about 20 minutes. Had toast and mashed nana again, I love it. I was out shopping so bought some cooked chicken and ate it in the car. For tea I had a slice of pizza coz I went shopping again this evening. I wish I was a multi-millionaire, I have seen so many gorgeous clothes that I want to buy everything. Am totally bushed now, and I'm off to see the tennis at Wimbledon tomorrow, so I'm off to bed, nightie night.

Managed to fail big time again at the 5DPT evening came and so did food. So after a dreadful night berating myself and being miserable its back to healthy eating and thats enough!!

M

Hi All

Bee, I agree, the cals are on the low side, but Ive been having around 1300-1400 cals a day for months now and my weight has been stalled so just taking it a bit lower for a few days to try and give things a kick start. I couldnt stick to 800-900 long term anyway, as I get too hungry, but it has been nice to see that I can drop them when necessary. Although I have quoted calories, as a rule I dont count them. Ive always been in the everything in moderation camp, but if it helps me get the last big of weight off then its good. This was more about me not eating "bad" stuff than anything, and so far so good.

M sorry to hear that 5DPT didnt work out, but hopefully healthy eating today has been better for you.

Bee Im sure you are going to look stunning in that dress. And Lisa, your food always looks so delish, and so healthy.

Its my wedding anniversary today and we're off out for a meal tonight. It will prob be a steak and jacket potato and Ive been looking forward to it all day.

Happy anniversary Sam- have a fantastic evening and like M says isnt it great how we can still go out and enjoy a meal.

Brekkie- skinny latte

Lunch- o/h left over chicken biryani :eek:

Dinner-fish and chips :eek:

What was that you were saying Sam!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks ladies.

Lisa. PMSL. Fish and Chips? WTF? I hope it was the healthy version that someone posted on the forum the other day!

I had a lovely meal. Managed about 3 oz of lovely rare steak, about 3 bites of a jacket potato and lots of salad. It was really yummy. Then shared a cheesecake with hubby, I had about 4 small bites. 2 glasses of wine washed it all down.

I really enjoyed it but about half an hour later I had the most horrendous stomach ache. Ive never dumped before so dont know if it was that?? I went to bed shortly after I got home and slept it off. I feel fine this morning. Weird!

Back to the grindstone today. Have a lovely day everyone x

Evening all!

Im hoping the lack of posts doesnt mean you've all fallen off the wagon like me! Ive had one of my hungry hippo days and have eaten lots, including a lot of bread which is something I dont tend to eat much of post op. As a result Im feeling very bloated which serves me right!

Hope you are all OK and looking forward to the weekend x

Hiya! i've had another stressfull day swimming in the sea and going on my kayak! The suntan really does make the loose skin look a little more attractive!!!!!

Brekkie-skinny latte

Lunch-carrot, grated cheese, spring onion and sultanas

Dinner- new potatoes tossed in salad cream and tuna mayo

Snacks-x1 skinny latte, pkt of crisps and 2 ice lollies

6 days late for my TOTM and no defo no baby! Theyve been pretty regular as well except for in december where i skipped one completley, am having the tummy pains though so hopefully they will arrive! Have a sunny weekend everyone!!!

Great job ladies

Sam: glad you enjoyed your meal out and never mind re the hungry hippo day yesterday has gone. new page to write on today.

Well after getting all despondent I've had a little break and now will be back posting here. I'm just going to concentrate on healthy eating in a normal framework. So today its Saturday, there will be alcohol .... 2 large brandies and my first chinese takeaway since the bypass - crispy duck. The rest of the day will be healthy and its normal to have a weekend treat so thats what I'm doing just hoping to keep it umder control and not go mad.

Back later to report

M

sorry ladies, i've not been on here because I have been working ridiculously long hours, leaving home at 6am and getting back at 9pm. I am totally knackered and I could cry I'm so tired. Food has been off the agenda, surviving on the odd chocolate/bikkie and a grilled pork chop a day. However, I've finished on long days for a while now so after working an early shift I've just made myself pasta and tuna bake. Fluid intake has been appalling, I didn't go to the toilet all day yesterday which is cool as all I had was a can of coke all day, not good at all but it's been hectic.

M, I am loving the new attitude, you sound like a normal sized person, well done.

Lisa, I'd love to try kayacking in fact I think my son has an inflatable sea kayak somewhere. I might give it a go.

Sam, congratulations on your anniversary. Steak and salad is my favourite meal, mouth watering right now!

I have been okay food wise, today is my hubbys birthday so were out for a meal tonight, and i made him a epic cake, which i have had a small slice of, i have also had a special k bar and 1 sausage... so not too bad!

.x.

Gill just you take care of yourself but I know how hard it is when you have a job where you don't control what you do. Patients don't want to wait while you sip your water or eat something. Although I thought the one that fainted in our waiting room could have waited while I had my yoghurt yesterday. Never did get it.

Bee enjoy your meal and the cake sounds great.

Well thats one day of the weekend down. Today tiny tum was very restrictive..where did that come from and why the heck can't it be like it every day.

Food;
2 hard boiled eggs and 2 slices toast...dog ate as much toast as I did
Protein shake with 1 litre water
Home made chicken curry, threw 1/2 away
2 x brandies ...threw 1 away...pattern developing here
Special K bar..dogs ate one
bananas, bluberries and yoghurt...yes you've guessed threw 1/3rd away
Chinese..ate about 2 pancakes ..rest for OH

So all in all I feel stuffed. i really should have left the chinese but i told OH it would be here for his return from cricket, hmnn £23 wasted really. Might have a protein shake to ensure I get my fluid in later but don't feel like it yet

Onward

M

Sunday food hopefully nearly over. Its not been bad but not right on track I don't think.

Food:
2 boiled eggs and 2 slices toast
protein shake with 1 litre iced water
Chicken and mixed green salad, strawberries and yoghurt
3 x fruit and nut cereal bars
Lamb steaks, new pots, broad beans and pea with mint sauce.

Might have a protein shake for supper

Thats me still feeling OK

M

Looking good M.

I cooked a lovely roast lamb dinner today, and yep, you've guessed it - pouchy was having none of it so I managed barely a few bites.

Had a crumpet for brekkie, and thinking of making a salad for tea.

We wont mention the M&S praline bar I had this afternoon with a coffee. Ive destroyed all evidence anyway!

Today I have been mostly eating:
Toast with butter and mashed banana
mullerlight
half bag of cashew nuts
chicken breast, roasted vegetables and new potatoes
capuccino

So it feels like a good day and I had a sleep which made me feel better.

Sam, I never feel restriction like that! Tonight I had a whole chicken breast, 4 new potatoes and loads of veg and I feel nicely full.

Good luck tomorrow everyone.

Well done everyone(not mentioning Sams praline bar)! Looks like the weekend has gone well. Today i did the 'race for life' raised £127.00 and did it in 54mins, was really really pleased i walked as fast as my little legs would take me! After that i cooled of nicely in the sea! So with the walking and the swimming i've had a pretty good day!
BREKKIE-skinny latte

LUNCH-grated carrot/grated cheese/spring onion/sultanas and salad cream

DINNER-Pork chop with new potatoes and mushrooms

SNACKS-X2 skinny latte and a pkt of crisps :-(

Also lost 2lb this week so well chuffed!

well done on race for life Lisa. And a great food day.

Gilla, your food looks fab for today as well x

Back