• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

things we would like to be able to do ....

vikkib

Just decided to make a list of things id like to be able to do once ive had the op and dropped a decent amount of weight ... its ranging from silly little things to some quite big .....the question i have is ...what are the things that you guys would like to be able to do ...doenst matter big or small ......:)

i'd like to cross my legs, and wipe my bum without pulling a muscle xxx

I would love to have very flexible fun :)
Go dancing with my friends without feeling self conscious.
Wear an LBD that is a little black dress as opposed to a tent.
Not have to worry about chairs/seatbelts/beds/backpain.
Be able to run again and jump without checking that I'm on solid concrete.

find some friends & get a life

• To wear a pair of jeans and look decent in them :)
    To be able to walk more
    More flexibility
    Be able to put my socks/shoes on without gasping for air
    To wear decent bras without them digging into me

I did exactly this pre op - there were fifty plus things on the list and I'm pleased to say just two months in I gave achieved some if them already :)

To be able to walk in to any high street shop and be able to buy clothes
To be able to go to Thorpe park and Alton towers and fit comfortably on the rides
To feel confident about myself in an outfit and believe people when they tell me I look nice

All of the above, and so much more. I think writing a list is a really good idea! I am going to make that list, and everytime I start to have doubts or get scared about the bypass, all I will have to do is read my list and remember why I am doing this!!

i have to say im on about 30 now ...xxx

I want to go white water rafting. I did the hot air baloon for my 40th birthday I was almost 22 stone then and when they rang to say the day it was planned for they have to have your weight so they know how much gas they need to inflate the baloon, they had read my figure and thought it was a mistake i said it wasn't and she said did i realise that i would have top climb in and out of the basket i said i was active and wouldn't be a problem, we couldnt go on that trip cause there was too much weight for that trip so they moved me and the 2 others goin to another day I was in a box of my own and them 2 were in together so was everyone else in 2's apart from me. It didn';t stop me and i thoroughly enjoyed it i was frist in the basket ans first out no probs, but was gutted when they cancelled it the first time because of my weight and them just assuming cos i was big i wouldnt be able to get in and out what a cheek. But i want thw hwite water rafting now always been a dream just like the hot air baloom 1 down 1 togo. xx

There are sooooo many. For starters - not worrying about whether I'll have to ask for a seatbelt extension on a plane.

shop somewhere else than bl**dy Evans !!!!!

I am so fed up of that bleedin shop !!!!!

Oh the list is endless! Some highlights are:

Take my kids swimming at local baths - instead of driving for an hour so no one knows me.
Go to theme park without worrying whether the seatbelt will fasten.
Bounce on my kid's trampoline
Fasten my own shoes.
Shop in 'normal' clothes shops.

Xxx

Just to let you know you'll all be able to do all the above and more. This time last year I could hardly walk and could barely get out of my chair. Now I enjoy crossing and uncrossing my legs ( and looking at them in my size 16 skinny jeans which are on the big side !), i can run for 30 mins without stopping, always run up and down stairs because I can, have been on a plane and had to tighten the seat belt lots from the person before and had the tray down (!), spend hours trying on my ever expanding collection of shoes, am starting canoing, now light enough to learn to ride and am planning that balloon trip at dawn over the Nile.
The world, my dears-is our oyster. And I thank God, my surgeon and the NHS for it everyday
xxx
Oh- and I'm 51 !

I want to join my little ones karate class!

oh and be able to wear stilletto's and biker boots - not at the same time though lol

i want to cross my legs cos i can.

. buy something off the peg from any shop.

. walk to my local shops without haveing to depend and wait for people to give me a lift.

.do my garden.

. join the gym.

.mentain my weight loss when i reach my target.

.take my driving test.

.go on an airoplane and fit in the seat comfy.

. swimm 50 lenghth.

thats just a few to be starting off with. xx

I wanted to be able to buy lovely clothes anywhere ...check.
I wanted to be pain free from my arthritis in my spine...check.

...and my knees....check.

...and my right foot...not quite yet.

I wanted to fit into all those clothes I kept from last time I was slim...check. (some are even too big!!)

Now my goals are:

To lose one more stone, to bring me to 10st 0.
To maintain without worry.
To wear that gorgeous River Island dress without feeling it's a bit tight...I have worn it twice and feel and look great in it but it IS a little tight. It's an extremely skimpy size 14, smaller than some size 12s I own. But I love it so much that I can't just wait for it to fit more comfortably.

You have done so well Ruthie, well done on achieving so much so quickly. I long for the day that I am pain free.

Back