• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

tomo (5th) is my op

Glad you're feeling better today :)

there will be good days and bad........ each you'll be able to get through, it just seems hard at times. And if you're not getting the support you need from home well you've come to the right place :)

It will be over before you know it!

My husband was fully supportive of the operation and my need to loose weight. I said that he wouldn't be able to bring takeaways home during my post op liquids and mush stage. He agreed. I'm 10 days into post op and so far he has had pizza and Chinese.......
Dread to think what he'll do next week!!!!

Then when I complained he gave me that look that says 'well I think you're being unreasonable'!!!

Aghhhhhhhhh..

By this point in time, I definitely would have poked him in the eye, but yes you are definitely in the right place!

Leila x

Hi

Glad you are having a better day - I am on day 9 of pre op diet now and whilst I can't say it gets easier - the nearer the surgery date gets the more focused I feel and that makes it seem easier. My other half is supporting me but sometimes he forgets, like last night when he said - 'if weathers nice tomorrow shall we get BBQ out?' to which I replied 'unless you are planning on shoving a skewer through a certain part of your anatomy and putting it on the BBQ, that is a really crap idea'. He got the message! :eek:

Anyway, stay strong, op day will soon be here.

Take care

Justine xx

That made me chuckle x

thanks everyone, he's been good today cooked my tea all within my limits, you all made me feel better so thank you, im on day 7 today and not feeling to bad, keep seeing food everywhere i go and watching tv its food all the time :( but i will stay strong and carry on :)

How are you doing? I am only on day 1 of the milk diet but I have banned all takeaways and naughty foods from my office and home - they are just going ot have to support me. It is good as it is going to help us all re-assess our eating habits (this is how i have sold it to my husband and boss) which is better long term. Skinnier does not mean healthier x

im doing ok, just getting very bored of eatting right now, the same thing all week,good luck on your millk diet, i would of liked to do the milk diet but my hospital dont offer it

I think they should do the pre-op diet with you! My partner has agreed to it but maybe thats just because I am about 5 months off having my op! He will probably change his tune nearer the time lol.

Just wait till your slimmer than him :)

I know what you mean, at least with the milk diet you don't have a choice. I am better at doing things which are stricter, does that make sense? I did great with Lighter life as it was a limited option, when I went back to food so did the weight. Need to deal with it one way or another!

I know what you mean, at least with the milk diet you don't have a choice. I am better at doing things which are stricter, does that make sense? I did great with Lighter life as it was a limited option, when I went back to food so did the weight. Need to deal with it one way or another!

That makes perfect sense, I'm exactly the same! When I know I can't do something I find the urge easier to control, it's all the 'little bit of this' and a 'little bit of that' I really struggled with. That's why I ended up on the milk diet.

No walk in the park but, for me, the right and easier choice.

Good luck x

That's why I started on my very low fat pre-op diet early instead of the 2 weeks, it gave me time to stray now and then (last week in particular was a bugger) , slowly getting used to it, and now I'm on the 2 weeks deadline, I know this is it, no more. The goal is too close to risk spoiling it.

im on the low fat, low carb & low dairy about 800kl, i know what you both mean, hubby is slim anyway so cant wait to get his arms round me fully, not long this time in 7 days i will have had my op

are you excited? I am really looking forward to it !

are you excited? I am really looking forward to it !

i am really excited but the nerves are kicking in a little bit, cause of my kids,i have written them all letter just in case something goes wrong it was the hardest thing i have ever ever done in all my life, i was losted for words, i know deep down nothing will go wrong but you never know.

im on the last 6 days now, looked at the scales and im down 11lb pound woohoo just hoping my liver has gone down.

whens your op again

Blimey thats great!! well done you!!

I know, I feel the same, I am trying to focus on the positives for my girls but it is hard.

My op is on the 9th June at dolan Park. I need to be admitted the day before to have some extra pre-op checks as I have had a blood clot (PE) a few years ago and I do not want a repeat.

xx

not long then at all really, how you finding the pre op diet, i find it hard last night could of eat all night but i didn't :)

It's going ok, better than I thought it would to be honest. I know the weekend is going to be really hard though, wondering if I could just sleep for two days lol

Good luck

thank you

Back